Page 1005 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006100710081009101510551105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 20948

You have to wait for official confirmation from one of the major trades like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter or Deadline. Heroic Hollywood seems majorly a fan site with lower credibility. The fact that the article is talking about DC Black Label being an official line of films makes it suspicious as there has never been official confirmation of that branding being an actual thing from WB's end.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You have to wait for official confirmation from one of the major trades like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter or Deadline. Heroic Hollywood seems majorly a fan site with lower credibility. The fact that the article is talking about DC Black Label being an official line of films makes it suspicious as there has never been official confirmation of that branding being an actual thing from WB's end.
    Yeah I'm a little skeptical. Not just for those reasons, but because I think it would feel a little shoe-horned to make Pheonix's Joker share the screen with Batman. I'm not sure I would believe that Arthur Fleck could become a criminal mastermind of any kind just because he killed a defenseless showhost. Nor do I think he would capture the charisma and cleverness of Joker; his last lines in the movie are basically whining that people aren't nice and don't talk to each other anymore. The film was basically a culture commentary dressed up in comic book skin and I'm not sure how the creators would even carry that over into a "real" Batman/Joker film.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Come on. They have a very credible source.

“According to an insider with knowledge on the Joker sequel…”

Some guy said there’s going to be a sequel.

NVM old news
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-31-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Michael Keaton's production assistant Jeanette Agaronoff is listed on IMDB for Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom. Bat-Keaton cameo over there too?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9663764/fullcredits

Keaton's Bruce: "I need your help. There is a stranger who comes to this village from the sea. He comes in the winter when people are hungry. Brings fish. He comes on the king tide. That was last night.

There are enemies coming from far away. I need warriors. I'm building AGAIN an alliance to defend ourselves."

Maybe Keaton's Bruce really is the new Nicky Fury of the DCU .

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah I'm a little skeptical. Not just for those reasons, but because I think it would feel a little shoe-horned to make Pheonix's Joker share the screen with Batman. I'm not sure I would believe that Arthur Fleck could become a criminal mastermind of any kind just because he killed a defenseless showhost. Nor do I think he would capture the charisma and cleverness of Joker; his last lines in the movie are basically whining that people aren't nice and don't talk to each other anymore. The film was basically a culture commentary dressed up in comic book skin and I'm not sure how the creators would even carry that over into a "real" Batman/Joker film.
    It would probably work better to have Phoenix's Joker to eventually meet (and ultimately replaced by) a young Batman's Joker opposed to Batman himself. If Phoenix Joker is the enigma who accidentally started the movement than B-Joker could be the cult of personality who eventually takes it from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It would probably work better to have Phoenix's Joker to eventually meet (and ultimately replaced by) a young Batman's Joker opposed to Batman himself. If Phoenix Joker is the enigma who accidentally started the movement than B-Joker could be the cult of personality who eventually takes it from him.
    That kind of reminds me of Gotham where they initially set up Jerome as The Joker only for it to turn out that the real Joker was his brother.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah I think that could work.

Well Geoff Johns already established that there were 3 Jokers in the DCU, so having multiple Jokers in a movie wouldn’t be so unheard of.

I think Joker should stay a solo film but the moment that film made a billion dollars, a sequel was guaranteed. I'm also hoping for no Batman and hope they double down on the tone and vibe of the first movie

I'm really not into the "some other Joker takes it from him" idea. Hoping they save Batman for a film 3. Hoping the sequel proves the naysayers wrong.

It would be weird to have two separate “real world” Batman movie franchises going at the same time. And the movieverse with actual superpowers doesn’t have an active Batman.

I wonder what movie they'll draw inspiration from for Joker 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what movie they'll draw inspiration from for Joker 2.
    They already did Taxi Driver and King of Comedy, so probably Raging Bull, Goodfellas, and Kundun for good measure.