Page 1006 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 6506906956996100210031004100510061007100810091010101610561106 ... LastLast
Results 15,076 to 15,090 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They already did Taxi Driver and King of Comedy, so probably Raging Bull, Goodfellas, and Kundun for good measure.
    I was thinking One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest...with the appeal of honoring Jack Nicholson to sweeten the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It would be weird to have two separate “real world” Batman movie franchises going at the same time. And the movieverse with actual superpowers doesn’t have an active Batman.
    Even if Batman appears in Joker 2 and/or Joker 3, it's still not really a Batman movie franchise, it's a Joker franchise featuring Batman, possibly. You never know. So seeing Batman in that kind of reality with Joker as our POV would be interesting and not something we'll be getting in The Batman. Yeah, it'd be weird, but my unpopular opinion here, it'd be the good kind of weird. Interests me more at this point then anything Batman related in the DCEU. The only interest in that vein I have for the DCEU is yay Keaton's back and Batgirl finally. I'm not a Dick Grayson fan so all the Robin and Nightwing talk does nothing for me. He's a poor man's Spider-Man, there, another unpopular opinion.

(Although I don't like the MCU's take on Spider-Man at all for a third unpopular opinion, so a poor man's Spider-Man via Nightwing might actually give me that live action Spider-Man fix I'm jonesing for...)

They already did Taxi Driver and King of Comedy, so probably Raging Bull, Goodfellas, and Kundun for good measure.
    I'm really tired of the "better movies that Joker is a copy of" thing. Valid criticism? Sure. Needs be mentioned ad infinitum?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was thinking One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest...with the appeal of honoring Jack Nicholson to sweeten the deal.
    ...did Jack Nicholson die recently?

That's probably the best option to base a Joker sequel around....

Also Fritz Lang's "M" and "the cabinet of Caligari".
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-01-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Even if Batman appears in Joker 2 and/or Joker 3, it's still not really a Batman movie franchise, it's a Joker franchise featuring Batman, possibly. You never know. So seeing Batman in that kind of reality with Joker as our POV would be interesting and not something we'll be getting in The Batman. Yeah, it'd be weird, but my unpopular opinion here, it'd be the good kind of weird. Interests me more at this point then anything Batman related in the DCEU. The only interest in that vein I have for the DCEU is yay Keaton's back and Batgirl finally. I'm not a Dick Grayson fan so all the Robin and Nightwing talk does nothing for me. He's a poor man's Spider-Man, there, another unpopular opinion.
    Well, it's Batman-derivative because Joker is still a Batman character at the end of the day and the Wayne Family were still in the movie.

I guess they both quip, are acrobatic, and date redheads, but that's about it.
    ...did Jack Nicholson die recently?
    No, but he retired and he was the original movie Joker (not counting Cesar Romero in the '66 movie).

Well, it's Batman-derivative because Joker is still a Batman character at the end of the day and the Wayne Family were still in the movie.
    Batman derivative still isn't the same as Batman. It's like calling the new Batgirl movie or the Harley Quinn movies all Batman movies. It's an important distinction.

I guess they both quip, are acrobatic, and date redheads, but that's about it.
    Like I said, bargain bin Spider-Man.

No, but he retired and he was the original movie Joker (not counting Cesar Romero in the '66 movie).
    Man, with old stars dying left and right these days you got to be more careful throwing the H word around! I mean you can see how the past several months would make me assume "honoring" in reference to old actors means somebody kicked the bucket.

Batman derivative still isn't the same as Batman. It's like calling the new Batgirl movie or the Harley Quinn movies all Batman movies. It's an important distinction.
    But I would still say they fall under a general Bat-Umbrella in terms of their existence.
    Like I said, bargain bin Spider-Man.
    Well, comparatively Spidey is bargain bin Nightwing because he's more often broke and Marvel doesn't let Spidey do half the stuff Nightwing does .
    Man, with old stars dying left and right these days you got to be more careful throwing the H word around! I mean you can see how the past several months would make me assume "honoring" in reference to old actors means somebody kicked the bucket.
    Fair enough. It was just my first thought in regards to a Joker movie that might take influence from something Nicholson was in.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That could be quite interesting in an Arkham setting.

But I would still say they fall under a general Bat-Umbrella in terms of their existence.
    Really kind of splitting hairs though. Robotman said "It would be weird to have two separate “real world” Batman movie franchises going at the same time" but it's really no more a Batman franchise than a Nightwing film I think. Just kind of depends on how one views it I guess. It's not really the same as having two different Batman led films at the same time exactly.

Well, comparatively Spidey is bargain bin Nightwing because he's more often broke and Marvel doesn't let Spidey do half the stuff Nightwing does .
    Except Spidey is more popular, cooler, has his own cartoons and movies, more iconic stories, less often disrespected by the top brass, supports more books, has better toys, doesn't need to rely on Batman's popularity...

Fair enough. It was just my first thought in regards to a Joker movie that might take influence from something Nicholson was in.
    I mean I get it, just that the way it was phrased nearly had me googling "is Jack Nicholson dead?"

I don't really see the similarity between Dick and Peter other than they both fit the quipping, light-hearted archetype. Their overall backgrounds, powers, and stories are just way too different for me to see one as copying the other. It's like when people say Daredevil is a poor man's Batman or vice versa when despite only sharing a few things in common due to being a similar archetypical character

I watched King of Comedy for the first time recently and it was like the movie Joker was trying to be. It has aged extremely well and Scorsese is clearly a master of his craft unlike someone like Phillips. Taxi Driver is still incomparable. Travis Bickle captures the angry, isolated man type way better than Arthur does. I still feel like a Joker sequel is creatively bankrupt but I guess it's a lock when a movie makes a billion dollars
    Last edited by The Kid; 02-01-2022 at 09:32 PM.

Really kind of splitting hairs though. Robotman said "It would be weird to have two separate “real world” Batman movie franchises going at the same time" but it's really no more a Batman franchise than a Nightwing film I think. Just kind of depends on how one views it I guess. It's not really the same as having two different Batman led films at the same time exactly.
    I would say Nightwing is part of the Batman franchise. At least in my view .
    Except Spidey is more popular, cooler, has his own cartoons and movies, more iconic stories, less often disrespected by the top brass, supports more books, has better toys, doesn't need to rely on Batman's popularity...
    I mean, Dick has been the lead or major character in several cartoons, movies, comics, etc. He was initially created as a character in Batman stories but I'd say his popularity and significance is pretty major (and he's as much a Titans character as he is a Bat-Character).

Spidey gets his own fair share of problems from editorial.
    I mean I get it, just that the way it was phrased nearly had me googling "is Jack Nicholson dead?"
    I apologize.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

J.K. Simmons on the Batgirl set filming a flashback scene:

I didn't know they had cast Barbara Sr. Who's the actress?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I didn't know they had cast Barbara Sr. Who's the actress?
    I don't know the name of the actress, it isn't yet officially revealed who's playing Barbara's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Michael Keaton's production assistant Jeanette Agaronoff is listed on IMDB for Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom. Bat-Keaton cameo over there too?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9663764/fullcredits

Keaton's Bruce: "I need your help. There is a stranger who comes to this village from the sea. He comes in the winter when people are hungry. Brings fish. He comes on the king tide. That was last night.

There are enemies coming from far away. I need warriors. I'm building AGAIN an alliance to defend ourselves."

It's kind of funny how for years after the failure of JL the fanbase was complaining about the movies being too standalone and not connected enough, but now that it seems like it'll be Keaton and stuff from Gunn's projects that'll be part of the connective tissue, some of those same people are really angry.