Page 1008 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 8508908958998100410051006100710081009101010111012101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 15,106 to 15,120 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think what's special about Dick is his history, his role in the Batfamily, and how much he's grown and changed over time as a hero and become a very special part of the DCU with many different relationships/friendships across franchises. That's what's special about him and not something Spidey could really replicate for one reason or another.
    I'm not really wowed by his history, I never cared for his role in the family, and the best part of how he grew and changed was him leaving. So all that's left is the stuff he has in common with Spider-Man. That's just how I see him. I Don't hate him, though his fanbase can be a little too much, but I'm indifferent to him at best. Not all characters can resonate with all people. Sometimes you just find a widely popular character others love...kind of flat. It happens.

Dick is a What if Peter was a teen heartthrob? scenario which has its own major appeal. And he is Bruce Wayne's greatest success.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Fair enough. And just as fair if I don't really see what makes Nightwing great in his way - I never have and probably never will. To me he feels a lot like Spider-Man but without the powers, and gets along better in team settings than Spidey usually does. That's just how it is for me. Doesn't mean I dislike him, just that I'm kind of neutral on him since most of what he offers I feel I get better with another character. I know I come across as a Dick Grayson/Nightwing hater a lot, but the bulk of that is just reaction to what feels like a disproportionately large and vocal fanbase of his in the Batman section (many over there prefer him over Batman himself, which just feels wrong) for a character that doesn't really interest me that much 9 times out of 10.
    I don't think it should feel wrong that some fans prefer Dick over Bruce. Bruce is the lead, but lead characters not being the #1 favorite for the fan of an IP is not unique to Batman. Dick in particular was there from almost the beginning, was practically the co-lead and played a big part in Batman's initial popularity and sustaining power. He's also more consistently characterized and likeable across continuities than Bruce, so it's not surprising he has a sizeable fanbase of his own.

That said, the population of this board is a small sample size. Overall Batman is the more popular character and bigger draw. Even so a lot t of the fans who prefer Dick also really like Bruce still.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Dick is a What if Peter was a teen heartthrob? scenario which has its own major appeal. And he is Bruce Wayne's greatest success.
    Peter is pretty much a teen heartthrob too, at least post Ditko. But he and Dick having some similarities doesn't speak to either of their qualities either way.

Plus Batman himself owes his initial existence to the Shadow, Sherlock Holmes and Superman, and Spider-Man was initially a response to teen heroes like Robin and probably aspects of Superman as well.

New little promo thing for the year.

No Batgirl. Maybe they pushed it to 2023?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No Batgirl. Maybe they pushed it to 2023?
    Not footage has been released from it, not even a teaser and it’s not in theaters

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hawkman looks cool
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at the JSA included.

They look so great. And I especially love all the details and effort in Cyclone's costume. I'm a fan of the character and I loved her comic costume, but let's be honest, it was one of the hardest to adapt to a live action version.

But they have done a terrific job with it. The sleeves look like something from Wicked (Maxine's favorite musical). And I even love the details of her civilian clothes (the monkey in her clothes is a clear reference to Frankie, Cyclone's pet monkey in the comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Aquaman and Black Adam look incredible there!

As for trailer, Dr Fate looks amazing! Can’t wait sit to see him in action
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

If I didn't know who Black Adam is, nothing about this footage would make me think he's been one of DC's big villains. Not that I expected to see anything that villainous of him here, but it seems like an entirely different take on him. The guy talks about his dead son, Doctor Fate gives him the "live a little" speech, Adam will be a sympathetic anti-hero at worst here and anything "bad" he ends up doing in the movie, the folks he does it to will all have it coming.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-11-2022 at 10:51 AM.