Page 1009 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 9509909959999100510061007100810091010101110121013101910591109 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,135 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If I didn't know who Black Adam is, nothing about this footage would make me think he's been one of DC's big villains. Not that I expected to see anything that villainous of him here, but it seems like an entirely different take on him. The guy talks about his dead son, Doctor Fate gives him the "live a little" speech, Adam will be a sympathetic anti-hero at worst here and anything "bad" he ends up doing in the movie, the folks he does it to will have it coming.
    Did you expect anything else? We know The Rock’s brand, Adam was always going to be a noble anti-villain at worst, a lethal protector Venom-style at best.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Did you expect anything else? We know The Rock’s brand, Adam was always going to be a noble anti-villain at worst, a lethal protector Venom-style at best.
    Of course not, I just thought the first time we see him they'd show us why he is pissed at the world and how he deals with it, not him being portrayed as noble and brooding right from the get-go. I honestly did not expect to see someone trying to cheer him up in the very first footage. lol

Is it just me, or do the JSA costumes seem kind of...extra? Like, I like Hawkman's helmet and the CG of the wings looks good, but there seems like a lot of detail in there and he's not shirtless. Seems like something Stjepan Sejic has designed for Hawkman.

Atom-Smasher and Fate are about what I'd expect and look the most streamlined but does the Helmet of Fate not have eyeholes?

So is the reason the Wizard gave Black Adam his powers is because of his son and not Adam's own character? The Wizard always had a weakness for children?

Nah, I like 'em. The only one that gives me pause is Atom Smasher, and that's just because it looks a bit too similar to Giant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nah, I like 'em. The only one that gives me pause is Atom Smasher, and that's just because it looks a bit too similar to Giant-Man.
    I'd say Atom-Smasher is the best because he's the most simple/comic-accurate.

The only thing it has in common with MCU Giant-Man are the color scheme in my opinion.

Way to overdesign Hawkman DC
    Waste of the budget imo
    Everything else looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Way to overdesign Hawkman DC
    Waste of the budget imo
    Everything else looks good
    He better lose chest armor by the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He better lose chest armor by the climax.
    At least they shoud make it not golden. Maybe some leather armor, like the one my D&D ranger uses.

Atom Smasher and Dr Fate are on point. Everyone else kind of bugs me. I need to see more of Maxine's costume in order to better judge it. But why does Fate's helmet look like it doesn't have any eye holes on it?

Hawkman's helmet design looks right but it looks way too big like it doesn't even fit on Aldis' head. Too much going on with the gauntlets and the shoes. Not a fan of the red pants and his torso is too covered.

Maybe Fate sees through Nabu's "mystical eyes" or something. I don't know why he doesn't have eye holes.

I'd say Atom-Smasher is the best because he's the most simple/comic-accurate.

The only thing it has in common with MCU Giant-Man are the color scheme in my opinion.
    Nah, for me Doctor Fate looks way better. And I don't have any issue with Hawkman but that's mostly because I assumed he wouldn't be shirtless anyway.

Nah, for me Doctor Fate looks way better. And I don't have any issue with Hawkman but that's mostly because I assumed he wouldn't be shirtless anyway.
    I'm just going to be imagining how he sees out of the helmet and doesn't bump into anything. I guess "magic" .

Aldis Hodge got ripped for this role. People deserve to see his bare chest.

I'm just going to be imagining how he sees out of the helmet and doesn't bump into anything. I guess "magic" .

Aldis Hodge got ripped for this role. People deserve to see his bare chest.
    I mean that'd be far from the weirdest thing about Fate, so it doesn't bug me. And beyond being disappointed a bit since Aldis Hodge is fucking hot, it's not really a deal breaker for me. Oh well.

I mean that'd be far from the weirdest thing about Fate, so it doesn't bug me. And beyond being disappointed a bit since Aldis Hodge is fucking hot, it's not really a deal breaker for me. Oh well.
    It just feels weird from a visual perspective to not have eyeholes. Unless Nabu doesn't have eyes? Is that something about Order or some such being blind or not needing to see? Or just having some kind of special sight? It just feels like an odd creative decision when the helmet has always had eyeholes. Like it's been less consistent whether you can actually see the wearers' pupils than whether or not they actually have something to see through.

You have Hawkman. The one character that it's almost a pre-requisite to see shirtless. And cast a guy who put in the work to have that body. Seems like a waste .

I'm gonna level with you, the eyehole thing really isn't a big deal for me. I still think it looks cool as hell. Digging the whole team.