Page 1015 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 155159159651005101110121013101410151016101710181019102510651115 ... LastLast
Results 15,211 to 15,225 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    That's the point of seeing the JL in Peacemaker's world. To bring them down off their pedestals a bit.
    Also, the DCEU Aquaman is a dude bro. He completely strikes me as someone who would throw around a few F-bombs.
    The League have a barely established pedestal to begin with. It's not like the MCU Avengers. I mean, they're literally just four people at this point and one of whom keeps making actor-less cameos.

I get it makes sense for DCEU Aquaman but it's not something I care to hear from him in general. Especially directed towards Barry.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Is it suddenly okay for Justice League characters to curse and joke around like dude bros well even then its still not as bad as what Whedon did

I like Peacemaker but the humor definitely doesn't translate to the rest of the DCEU

Maybe we can get a silhouette Justice League movie eventually technology is already there to deepfake all the characters and get another actor to provide a close voice
    I mean I think that's the point right?

Is it not their whole thing to be the opposite of the MCU: hence different tones and visual styles?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I mean I think that's the point right?

Is it not their whole thing to be the opposite of the MCU: hence different tones and visual styles?
    They can barely keep a consistent thread or focus together, so at this point it feels like "whatever works, go with that."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They can barely keep a consistent thread or focus together, so at this point it feels like "whatever works, go with that."
    Yeah basically, I'm really curious about Black Adam because Shazam felt like a children's movie, so how dark can Black Adam really be?

Yeah basically, I'm really curious about Black Adam because Shazam felt like a children's movie, so how dark can Black Adam really be?
    Wasn't one of the complaints of Shazam that the villains were way too dark in comparison to the rest of it? It should be like that.

Wasn't expecting to see Captain Marvel referenced in an Elvis biopic:

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't one of the complaints of Shazam that the villains were way too dark in comparison to the rest of it? It should be like that.
    I mean, Sivana's backstory, how he killed his family, Billy's backstory...were pretty dark.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I mean, Sivana's backstory, how he killed his family, Billy's backstory...were pretty dark.
    I completely forgot about the family killing, but then again most Disney movies have entire families killed off.

Nevertheless, color me curious

I completely forgot about the family killing, but then again most Disney movies have entire families killed off.

Nevertheless, color me curious
    Did you know Post-Crisis Black Adams' human host Theo Adam murdered Billy and Mary's parents?

This franchise goes to some dark places sometimes.

Did you know Post-Crisis Black Adams' human host Theo Adam murdered Billy and Mary's parents?

This franchise goes to some dark places sometimes.
    Dang, no never knew that.

Now I wanna see the Rock kill some folks

Dang, no never knew that.

Now I wanna see the Rock kill some folks
    He'll definitely be dropping bodies .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman threw a powerless zod into the abyss while breaking his arm.That wasn't met with "uuuuf!".there is such a thing as violence tolerance and acceptance in people.How something is portrayed can paint one's view.The way captain america kicks people including police guys can cause death and might have.But, that's not met with "ufff!" Either.But,when the fake captain(u.s agent) america smashes a guy to death with his shield ,then it was met with "uff!".

There are also movies,books..etc that's specifically about catharsis from violence many horror or movies like the final destination franchise and stuff like that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-17-2022 at 09:41 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman threw a powerless zod into the abyss while breaking his arm.That wasn't met with "uuuuf!".there is such a thing as violence tolerance and acceptance in people.How something is portrayed can paint one's view.The way captain america kicks people including police guys can cause death and might have.But, that's not met with "ufff!" Either.But,when the fake captain america smashes a guy to death his shield ,then it was met with "uff!".
    There are also movies,books..etc that's specifically about catharsis from violence many horror or movies like the final destination franchise and stuff like that.
    In the early MCU films the Avengers were dropping fools like nothing.

But it's weird seeing DC heroes kill, it's something I can never get over it may be because I grew with the Timmverse, but seeing Aquaman impale someone is unseemly to me

But times are a changing and my sensibilities are not in vogue, so bring on the Batman with machine guns and Superman snapping necks like twigs

But it's weird seeing DC heroes kill, it's something I can never get over it may be because I grew with the Timmverse, but seeing Aquaman impale someone is unseemly to me .

But times are a changing and my sensibilities are not in vogue, so bring on the Batman with machine guns and Superman snapping necks like twigs
    It's not that times are changing..These things were there since movies where invented.There is fun violence and violence violence and cathartic violence.Slapstick is basically violence.But, it's fun and it's comic.

You could argue that fun violence shouldn't exist.. it's immoral.But,all i am saying is it does exist.It has existed for millennia.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-17-2022 at 09:51 PM.

But it's weird seeing DC heroes kill, it's something I can never get over it may be because I grew with the Timmverse, but seeing Aquaman impale someone is unseemly to me

I feel like the MCU's casual dropping of bodies and moral relativism when it comes to killing people is starting to stand out more when we have people like Kate Bishop blowing people up in the heat of the moment and not bring attention to it.

I feel like the MCU's casual dropping of bodies and moral relativism when it comes to killing people is starting to stand out more when we have people like Kate Bishop blowing people up in the heat of the moment and not bring attention to it.
    Dude!you are reading a stories about masked vigilantes.Moral relativism is the playing field.It's just violence was and was portrayed as fun fisty cuffs.When something slips up from creative side we realise that these guys are jackasses.Superman,batman..etc the whole lot of them.They are vigilates.The only reason people began seeing these guys as "superheroes"(emphasis on heroes) is because the violence is fun.It's like a jackie chan or bruce lee movie.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-17-2022 at 09:52 PM.