Page 1024 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 245249249741014102010211022102310241025102610271028103410741124 ... LastLast
Results 15,346 to 15,360 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His characterization was based around him being created by Stark though. I’m not saying AoU had to randomly introduce Hank Pym just to create Ultron but a Tony Stark created Ultron wasn’t automatically better.
    On the first part, not really? I see no reason why his characterization would somehow change if you replaced Stark with Pym in his creation. I'm pretty sure they still would have had Ultron act just the same way that he did (and by pretty sure I mean 100%). Agreed, the Stark origin didn't make Ultron automatically better, but I never argued that. I just said it makes a lot more sense than Pym creating him. And it does.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yet,he choose to use them and steal them.Their company their responsibility.
    Really, his company his responsibility when he was legally too young to run the company for a decade after his parents died, was too emotionally damaged to even visit the mansion much less the rest of Gotham during his college years or whatever before showing up for Chill's parole case, and then was off training around the world for so long he was legally declared dead? That's kind of weird reasoning to say he was responsible for his company maybe making weapons for the US military (and again, outside the fact the tumbler has guns, we don't know that they were the ones to make the tumbler's guns - never mind the tumbler never actually went beyond being a prototype so was never sold).

Also,fox was there.he was part of r and d.He is part of batman's circle.They made batman together.Both of them never said it's unethical.We know for a fact that fox has the capacity and moral compass to say "if you do this,i quit".seeing as bruce made a spying machine city wide in darkknight to take on joker and two face.But, lucious never said "eff you" to any of the tanks and canons.So,everything tony is responsible for bruce is as well.Tony went through something similar.
    Fox wasn't in charge of Wayne Tech for starters, he was put in a job to get him out of the way. And you realize that most people (at least Americans) see nothing immoral about supplying to the military, yet would still see mass surveillance on an entire city as immoral?

I got around to seeing Shazam and enjoyed it.

I'm cool with the Wonder Twins getting a movie. These obscure characters have a lot more freedom and less baggage.

I've seen a fan reboot that seperate Batman from the League. He's in the universe but seperate and that's my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the first part, not really? I see no reason why his characterization would somehow change if you replaced Stark with Pym in his creation. I'm pretty sure they still would have had Ultron act just the same way that he did (and by pretty sure I mean 100%). Agreed, the Stark origin didn't make Ultron automatically better, but I never argued that. I just said it makes a lot more sense than Pym creating him. And it does.
    I don't see why though? His personality in the movies came from being imprinted on being created by Tony. I mean, maybe Whedon would have always wanted a more quippy, sarcastic, Ultron but in the context of the MCU that was imprinted on from Tony.

My point wasn't whether it makes more or less sense so much that Hank making Ultron makes enough sense in context that it's still workable instead of just giving it to Tony. Tony was never even an AI/robotics guy in the comics either, he just built a suit of armor. I think his armor became alive once but that was the most it ever came up.

All-New Member

Your comment show the lack of knowledge about the comic Ultron. Ultron is the way he is because Pym used his brain waves and because Pym mental issues Ultron is the villain he is.

Quote Originally Posted by anakin99 View Post
    Your comment show the lack of knowledge about the comic Ultron. Ultron is the way he is because Pym used his brain waves and because Pym mental issues Ultron is the villain he is.
    Hum, the only thing that would change is his obsession with Janet and the need to create a female companion. Everything else would be the same

Why are we talking about Tony and Ultron again?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-26-2022 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Just curious

You know I hope that similar to Peacemaker with Suicide Squad and Batgirl with Flash that something spins out of Black Adam. I hope either JSA or something like osiris
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I hope that similar to Peacemaker with Suicide Squad and Batgirl with Flash that something spins out of Black Adam. I hope either JSA or something like osiris
    My dream is a Hawkman tv show. Really hoping the character is a stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    My dream is a Hawkman tv show. Really hoping the character is a stand out.
    I wonder when they'd introduce Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Would love to see more JSA content in the future, at least they get some love there unlike in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see why though? His personality in the movies came from being imprinted on being created by Tony. I mean, maybe Whedon would have always wanted a more quippy, sarcastic, Ultron but in the context of the MCU that was imprinted on from Tony.
    Not really. Everyone is quippy in the MCU, including Pym, and Ultron's quipiness was not on par with Stark's. If that's your basis that Ultron would be different in that movie if it had been Pym made, then I gotta disagree. Ultron was the way he was, quips and all, because they wanted him that way, that's how it was always going to be. Changing the origin to reflect the comic origin isn't going to change the characterization that they wanted for their film. So it's a separate issue.

My point wasn't whether it makes more or less sense so much that Hank making Ultron makes enough sense in context that it's still workable instead of just giving it to Tony. Tony was never even an AI/robotics guy in the comics either, he just built a suit of armor. I think his armor became alive once but that was the most it ever came up.
    Maybe, but comics Tony isn't MCU Tony, and in the MCU? Tony makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by anakin99 View Post
    No it doesn't - my comment shows I know the difference between comics and the MCU. And in the MCU, Tony made more sense, and making it Pym wouldn't have changed the story they wanted to tell and the characterization they wanted him to have. Literally the only difference is that it would have made some fans happier cause literally "muh comix."

Not really. Everyone is quippy in the MCU, including Pym, and Ultron's quipiness was not on par with Stark's. If that's your basis that Ultron would be different in that movie if it had been Pym made, then I gotta disagree. Ultron was the way he was, quips and all, because they wanted him that way, that's how it was always going to be. Changing the origin to reflect the comic origin isn't going to change the characterization that they wanted for their film. So it's a separate issue.

Maybe, but comics Tony isn't MCU Tony, and in the MCU? Tony makes the most sense.
    A major complaint was that Ultron never stfu and stopped quipping which constantly undercut his ability to be intimidating.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Why are we talking about Tony and Ultron again?
    Vak won’t stop arguing about it lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A major complaint was that Ultron never stfu and stopped quipping which constantly undercut his ability to be intimidating.

Vak won’t stop arguing about it lol.
    ...the hell? Going to respond to my post with an argument of your own and then say I won't stop arguing about it? And I didn't even think my town had a bus route.