Page 1025 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 255259259751015102110221023102410251026102710281029103510751125 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,375 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder when they'd introduce Hawkgirl.
    In season two. Actually in the post credit scene at the end of season 1. In the first season Carter would have dreams about a woman whose face the audience and Carter doesn't see, in the post credit scene we would jump to Thanagar where Shayera would be awakening from a similar dream about Carter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really. Everyone is quippy in the MCU, including Pym, and Ultron's quipiness was not on par with Stark's.
    I don't recall everyone was/is quippy in the mcu.
    When was black panther,ajak,sprite,shang chi,ego,thanos or bruce banner quippy?
    Or non canon mcu shows like luke cage,daredevil,cloak and dagger,blackbolt,agent carter or helstrom?

Not really. Everyone is quippy in the MCU, including Pym, and Ultron's quipiness was not on par with Stark's. If that's your basis that Ultron would be different in that movie if it had been Pym made, then I gotta disagree. Ultron was the way he was, quips and all, because they wanted him that way, that's how it was always going to be. Changing the origin to reflect the comic origin isn't going to change the characterization that they wanted for their film. So it's a separate issue.
    Agree to disagree. I think his voice in the movie was definitely meant to be similar to Tony's, and that reflected in James Spader's performance in my opinion. I don't think MCU Hank is that quippy. Cranky, maybe...
    Maybe, but comics Tony isn't MCU Tony, and in the MCU? Tony makes the most sense.
    Well, yeah, because of JARVIS and the two "helpers" he had making the armor. But that wasn't really what I was arguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    In season two. Actually in the post credit scene at the end of season 1. In the first season Carter would have dreams about a woman whose face the audience and Carter doesn't see, in the post credit scene we would jump to Thanagar where Shayera would be awakening from a similar dream about Carter.
    Soudns like it's based on Venditti's Hawkman run.
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Or non canon mcu shows like luke cage,daredevil,cloak and dagger,blackbolt,agent carter or helstrom?
    Their take on Banner is pretty comedic. I think Peggy is quippy in a British sort of way.

Ironically Spider-Man probably quips the least.

Extraordinary Member

Soudns like it's based on Venditti's Hawkman run.
    It is actually, the most interesting aspect ot Hawkman is his reincarnation cycle and the unexplored nature vs. nurture angle that it brings. Venditti's run comes really close to touching it, and perhaps he would have if they didn't canceled it.

I hope that Xero comes out and it is very cool and edgy like the concept. I also hope that Christopher Priest gets to write the script.

I'm wondering who all will end up starring in the film. Very provocative concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVGaRYr7MoU

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Non-canon doesn't count. Black Panther wasn't quippy because he was the straight man, his supporting cast like his sister was the quipper. Haven't seen Eternals or Shang Chi, but Eternals has a more mixed reception than most. And Banner had his quips, especially in Infinity War and Endgame. Ultron wouldn't have been less quippy if you switched Stark for Pym - he was quippy because they wanted him to be quippy.
    Agree to disagree. I think his voice in the movie was definitely meant to be similar to Tony's, and that reflected in James Spader's performance in my opinion. I don't think MCU Hank is that quippy. Cranky, maybe...
    Indeed, agree to disagree. I knew when they got an actor versed in doing quippy characters and serious characters that Ultron would be both. James Spader isn't just the Black List guy, he was super funny in Boston Legal. They wanted him to be quippy. Not because of Stark, they just went in wanting him to make quips.

And Hank isn't quippy because Scott is quippy.

You can't convince me that he was quippy because Stark made him as opposed to studio or director decision to have him that way, whoever made him.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 02-27-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Non-canon doesn't count. Black Panther wasn't quippy because he was the straight man, his supporting cast like his sister was the quipper. Haven't seen Eternals or Shang Chi, but Eternals has a more mixed reception than most. And Banner had his quips, especially in Infinity War and Endgame. Ultron wouldn't have been less quippy if you switched Stark for Pym - he was quippy because they wanted him to be quippy.

Indeed, agree to disagree. I knew when they got an actor versed in doing quippy characters and serious characters that Ultron would be both. James Spader isn't just the Black List guy, he was super funny in Boston Legal. They wanted him to be quippy. Not because of Stark, they just went in wanting him to make quips.

And Hank isn't quippy because Scott is quippy.

You can't convince me that he was quippy because Stark made him as opposed to studio or director decision to have him that way, whoever made him.
    I guess it depends on how early into the conceptual level you think they had Ultron's personality in mind. Like, I don't think coming from the comics and with what people expect from James Spader (and even the initial AoU teaser) would lend itself to a more quippy, talkative, Ultron, so unless you assume it's something Whedon would just do because that's how he writes characters...but I think it gelled too well in the actual movie for it to be complete happenstance.

Well, I couldn't really see any version of Hank with MCU Scott's personality, so that tracks.

The Batman is reviewing well as expected so far
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Batman is reviewing well as expected so far
    I'd honestly be surprised if it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Interesting. Hopefully there is some kind of project in the works.

Based on reviews looks like grim dark Batman is here to stay
    This movie is apparently even darker and morose than the Nolan trilogy
    Apparently DC finally did their detective Batman movie and its even darker which is ironic because some said this type of element would lighten the tone for the franchise

Here's to hoping Pattinson can be Batman for whatever the DCEU becomes because him vs Keaton is the next discussion/fanboy war

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Apparently DC finally did their detective Batman movie and its even darker which is ironic because some said this type of element would lighten the tone for the franchise

Here's to hoping Pattinson can be Batman for whatever the DCEU becomes because him vs Keaton is the next discussion/fanboy war
    Reeves has been very vocal that he wants to keep “his” Batman separate from the wider DCU, which is why they brought back Keaton in the first place. Battison will easily be the “main” Batman (aside from the Snyder diehards) but Keaton will just be the cameo Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post

It really feels like they keep trying to top themselves .

Although I've also read that it's like B:TAS where the dark and gothic atmosphere doesn't overwhelm the grandiose Superhero spectacle so it should be interesting to see.