Page 1026 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 265269269761016102210231024102510261027102810291030103610761126 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,390 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Based on reviews looks like grim dark Batman is here to stay
    This movie is apparently even darker and morose than the Nolan trilogy
    Apparently DC finally did their detective Batman movie and its even darker which is ironic because some said this type of element would lighten the tone for the franchise

Here's to hoping Pattinson can be Batman for whatever the DCEU becomes because him vs Keaton is the next discussion/fanboy war
    That works for me - if I want a lighter superhero film, I can literally watch any other superhero film. If people want a lighter Batman, then another hero has to go darker. And that's not happening. Anyways, I've been wanting a film like this for years now, so I'm excited!

The Firefly suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Firefly suit.

Looks pretty low-key. Kind of reminds me of the Rocketeer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That works for me - if I want a lighter superhero film, I can literally watch any other superhero film. If people want a lighter Batman, then another hero has to go darker. And that's not happening. Anyways, I've been wanting a film like this for years now, so I'm excited!
    That sounds like a fair trade off to me, if the next Batman eventually goes back to a lighter tone that's cool but for balance we gotta have a lighter hero reinterpreted in a darker tone. Give me my Booster Gold psychological thriller WB. In all seriousness I don't care about tones all that much, I first and foremost care about the quality. Batman & Robin didn't suck because it was campy, it sucked in every aspect of film making. There are dark movies tgat sucked for similar reasons too.

So far the few negative reviews I have seen for The Batman are more subjective than anything, a critic said they didn't like it because it was dark and made the sad. Another penalized it for coming out during Russia invading Ukraine saying the world needs a more hopeful movie. As if the people involved in the movie had a crystal ball and foresaw that happening.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 03-02-2022 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    That sounds like a fair trade off to me, if the next Batman eventually goes back to a lighter tone that's cool but for balance we gotta have a lighter hero reinterpreted in a darker tone. Give me my Booster Gold psychological thriller WB. In all seriousness I don't care about tones all that much, I first and foremost care about the quality. Batman & Robin didn't suck because it was campy, it sucked in every aspect of film making. There are dark movies tgat sucked for similar reasons too.

So far the few negative reviews I have seen for The Batman are more subjective than anything, a critic said they didn't like it because it was dark and made the sad. Another penalized it for coming out during Russia incading Ukraine saying the world needs a more hopeful movie. As if the people involved in the movie had a crystal ball and foresaw that happening.
    Also, I doubt a lighter and more "hopeful" movie would have done the people of Ukraine much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, I doubt a lighter and more "hopeful" movie would have done the people of Ukraine much good.
    True but the way some of these critics act a return to the Schumacher days would've ushered in a new era of world peace.

Do you think that in this month or in April we will get a Black Adam trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Do you think that in this month or in April we will get a Black Adam trailer?
    I think this month is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think this month is likely.
    I hope that.

So far the few negative reviews I have seen for The Batman are more subjective than anything, a critic said they didn't like it because it was dark and made the sad. Another penalized it for coming out during Russia invading Ukraine saying the world needs a more hopeful movie. As if the people involved in the movie had a crystal ball and foresaw that happening.
    Developed by Tom King .

Although now I'm imagining a movie where Booster keeps trying to prevent Ted's death and it never ends well...

Agreed that dark movies can suck and I don't care about tones as in there's not really a tone I prefer that much other others. My big thing is I just like variety, and the MCU has kind of been too successful - a lot of superhero movies feel like they all have the same tone to me. I worry that if Batman lightens up it'll just kind of homogenize the genre even further to me. If there were a wider variety I'd be fine with a more lighthearted adventure Batman - but almost everything feels like a lighthearted adventure these days, at least in this genre. And other genres don't interest me.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Batman & Robin didn't suck because it was campy
    It was definitely one of the reasons. That Batman just doesn't work anymore.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It was definitely one of the reasons. That Batman just doesn't work anymore.
    I mean, we've had campy movies since that have been popular - even campy Batman has worked in The Brave and the Bold cartoon. Batman & Robin just wasn't good camp.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, we've had campy movies since that have been popular - even campy Batman has worked in The Brave and the Bold cartoon. Batman & Robin just wasn't good camp.
    But we haven't had a campy Batman film since George Clooney and almost certainly never will again. Batman & Robin were inspired by a TV show that was nominated for best comedy of 1966. How many Batman fans today truly want that?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    But we haven't had a campy Batman film since George Clooney and almost certainly never will again. Batman & Robin were inspired by a TV show that was nominated for best comedy of 1966. How many Batman fans today truly want that?
    Look, I'm not saying that I want it, I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying I don't believe that it being campy was why it failed. It was a genuinely bad movie, and I think that's why it failed.