Page 1028 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 285289289781018102410251026102710281029103010311032103810781128 ... LastLast
Results 15,406 to 15,420 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope Reeves finds a way to use Robin in the next movie. It’s really sad how seemingly embarrassed of sidekicks the Batman filmmakers have been over the years. If Reeves can make Planet of the Apes modern and thought provoking, I’m sure he can figure out Robin in his “real world” setting.

Batman as a comic book franchise is basically DC’s most popular team book with most of the Batfamily being fan favorites. It’s crazy how underutilized the extended family has been.

Really glad to hear they may not go straight to the Joker. Would actually like to see them skip Two Face as well. Give us a villain not used by Christopher Nolan.
    Yes this. I prefer returning to the fantastical villains like Freeze, Ivy, and Clayface, before a third movie reveal that the Court of Owls has been pulling all the strings.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm just glad the silly idea by some that Batman wasn't really popular anymore was just wishful thinking on their part.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yes this. I prefer returning to the fantastical villains like Freeze, Ivy, and Clayface, before a third movie reveal that the Court of Owls has been pulling all the strings.
    I think the court of owls is too much for this Batman, it’s better saved for the more fantastic DCEU with Batgirl Nightwing and Redhood

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope Reeves finds a way to use Robin in the next movie. It’s really sad how seemingly embarrassed of sidekicks the Batman filmmakers have been over the years. If Reeves can make Planet of the Apes modern and thought provoking, I’m sure he can figure out Robin in his “real world” setting.

Batman as a comic book franchise is basically DC’s most popular team book with most of the Batfamily being fan favorites. It’s crazy how underutilized the extended family has been.
    I don't know, I'm sure he could make it "work", but I'd be hesitant to see a traumatized child fighting crime in this backdrop. I doubt there would be the levity and heart worthy of Robin and I don't see Pattinson's Bruce turning into a functional father figure any time soon.

Edit.

10char
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-09-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't know, I'm sure he could make it "work", but I'd be hesitant to see a traumatized child fighting crime in this backdrop. I doubt there would be the levity and heart worthy of Robin and I don't see Pattinson's Bruce turning into a functional father figure any time soon.
    Probably get an Arkham-esque Robin.

‘Blue Beetle': Bruna Marquezine, Belissa Escobedo and Harvey Guillén Join Cast of DC Movie (Exclusive).

https://www.thewrap.com/blue-beetle-...issa-escobedo/

Newcomer Marquezine is set to play the female lead and love interest Penny, Escobedo is set to play Milagros Reyes, the younger sister of Jaime Reyes, and details about Guillen’s role is being kept under wraps.
    That's cool to see Bruna in a DC Movie, she been acting her whole life basically in Telenovelas here in Brazil. She also used to date Neymar.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Still no Ted casting. Wonder how big of a role he would have, unless it's a post-credits scene cameo or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    ‘Blue Beetle': Bruna Marquezine, Belissa Escobedo and Harvey Guillén Join Cast of DC Movie (Exclusive).

That's cool to see Bruna in a DC Movie, she been acting her whole life basically in Telenovelas here in Brazil. She also used to date Neymar.
    Traci 13 was rumored to be in it, but I guess they're not using her as the love interest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think the court of owls is too much for this Batman, it’s better saved for the more fantastic DCEU with Batgirl Nightwing and Redhood
    That's the thing. I think this Batman franchise should veer at least a little more into the fantastic. When I watched the film this past weekend, I absolutely loved it, but the only problem I had was that it was a little bit TOO close to the Nolan Batman films. I love the Nolan Batman films, but their "gritty realism" missed out on the fantastical elements of Batman's lore that are still integral to the franchise.

We've seen Batman fight off the Falcones and the Maronis and grapple with non-powered villains in his films of recent years. And while that's a great starting point, I wanna see Batman eventually have to dodge an ice beam from one of Mr. Freeze's guns or have to deal with Clayface's shapeshifting.

The comics have shown us for a long time that those two sides of Batman's world, the realistic and the fantastical, can co-exist. So have some of the MCU films.

And at the same time, just letting this Batman follow in the footsteps of Nolan's Batman would make it so that this one doesn't really have its own identity that makes it unique.

So, I think the Court of Owls serves as a perfect middle ground. I mean, the Court itself just being a cabal of rich people who rule Gotham from the shadows wouldn't require much (or any) CGI to bring to life. But then you have the Talons, which also wouldn't require much CGI, but would add at least a nice dash of fantasy to the mix.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I would argue Batman Begins was even more theatrical and fantastical than The Batman.

I would love to see a Court movie, but maybe in a series that can feature the batfamily prominently.

I'm fine with them introducing more of the fantastical villains in The Batman sequels, but I really don't want to see Robin or the rest of the extended Batfamily in this new continuity. I really think that they'd work better in the DCEU. There they won't be so overshadowed by a young in his prime Batman, plus they're already setting up Batgirl and the family works better with each other to play with, and I don't see two big Batfamilies coming to the big screen so might as well channel as many into the same continuity as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Awesome news. I love Harvey Guillen on What We Do in the Shadows! Wonder who he’s going to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm fine with them introducing more of the fantastical villains in The Batman sequels, but I really don't want to see Robin or the rest of the extended Batfamily in this new continuity. I really think that they'd work better in the DCEU. There they won't be so overshadowed by a young in his prime Batman, plus they're already setting up Batgirl and the family works better with each other to play with, and I don't see two big Batfamilies coming to the big screen so might as well channel as many into the same continuity as possible.
    At the very least we're not getting a Reeves Batgirl.

How would Mr Freeze or Clayface work IRL? Poison Ivy? ETC
    Imo the grounded villains with no powers are more likely to be used because its a lot easier to fit them into these grounded stories that the directors want to do.
    For one point Matt Reeves wanted to do a detective batman for this new trilogy on its face I can pretty much write off every Bat rogue with powers in a significant role going forward.

Expect more Penguin, Joker, and Riddler they just fit the universe more and lead to more detective stories which seem to be what Reeves is angling for