Page 1029 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 295299299791019102510261027102810291030103110321033103910791129 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,435 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    How would Mr Freeze or Clayface work IRL? Poison Ivy? ETC
    Imo the grounded villains with no powers are more likely to be used because its a lot easier to fit them into these grounded stories that the directors want to do.
    For one point Matt Reeves wanted to do a detective batman for this new trilogy on its face I can pretty much write off every Bat rogue with powers in a significant role going forward.

Expect more Penguin, Joker, and Riddler they just fit the universe more and lead to more detective stories which seem to be what Reeves is angling for
    I mean, the same way that Loki, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, and Starro worked in live action? And I know that this universe is dark and gritty, but a lot of Batman stories that are dark and gritty also have sci-fi elements. The Long Halloween, which served as a huge part of the inspiration for Reeves's Batman obviously even had Poison Ivy in the original comic.

Plus, there have been Batman movies that have featured Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze before. Personally, I think it's about time we gave them a proper cinematic outing.

And that's also why I think the Court of Owls would be perfect. I can imagine Robert Pattinson's Batman taking on undead Talon assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    How would Mr Freeze or Clayface work IRL? Poison Ivy? ETC
    Imo the grounded villains with no powers are more likely to be used because its a lot easier to fit them into these grounded stories that the directors want to do.
    For one point Matt Reeves wanted to do a detective batman for this new trilogy on its face I can pretty much write off every Bat rogue with powers in a significant role going forward.

Expect more Penguin, Joker, and Riddler they just fit the universe more and lead to more detective stories which seem to be what Reeves is angling for
    Golden Age Clayface didn't even have any powers. Ivy isn't really that hard so long as she's not full plant Goddess Ivy, her old gimmick was poisoning people.

Reeves is the one who seems really keen on using Mr. Freeze.

I can see Clayface working in Reeves universe.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    A Phantom of the Opera type serial killer? Would totally fit in that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Golden Age Clayface didn't even have any powers. Ivy isn't really that hard so long as she's not full plant Goddess Ivy, her old gimmick was poisoning people.

Reeves is the one who seems really keen on using Mr. Freeze.
    I'd like to see another take on Mr. Freeze again finally. After BTAS made him into such a tragic villain with pathos, Batman & Robin with Arnold always seemed like it did him dirty...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Perhaps if it went the way of the Batman with Ethan

TheBatman needs to build into it core police force. Gordon needs some Allie’s on the inside.
    Harvey, Renne, Yin, or Ethan Bennet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd like to see another take on Mr. Freeze again finally. After BTAS made him into such a tragic villain with pathos, Batman & Robin with Arnold always seemed like it did him dirty...
    Well, Bane got "redeemed" well enough through Tom Hardy (memes and Talia aside), that just leaves Ivy and Freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Perhaps if it went the way of the Batman with Ethan

TheBatman needs to build into it core police force. Gordon needs some Allie’s on the inside.
    Harvey, Renne, Yin, or Ethan Bennet.
    How about Crispus Allen? Was he in the Snyder Cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Bane got "redeemed" well enough through Tom Hardy (memes and Talia aside), that just leaves Ivy and Freeze.
    Yeah, but I'm not really expecting them to use Ivy, just because it seems all but officially confirmed they're saving her for a team up romance with Robbie Margot's Harley. Which honestly I'm all on board for. Really just questioning if they'll be able to include some kind of DCEU Catwoman to pull off Gotham City Sirens or if she's considered saved strictly for The Batman continuity now.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Black Adam is delayed to OCT 21st: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ca5K0w6Fhfi/

I see a lot of people talking about the politics being injected into the Batman though
    That could be an angle for sequels
    Court of Owls(maybe remove the Talons altogether though)
    Penguin Pain and Prejudice

I want to say do something with Two Face as well because of the corrupt DA's in so many of these Batman movies.

Modern Batman movies have really latched onto the idea of the system not working which presents the need for a Batman. The comics play fast and loose with this but if a movie actually tackled whether Batman was needed anymore would be a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Adam fears Thor?

Crap, that's a really big delay. It was the only movie I was hyped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not really expecting them to use Ivy, just because it seems all but officially confirmed they're saving her for a team up romance with Robbie Margot's Harley. Which honestly I'm all on board for. Really just questioning if they'll be able to include some kind of DCEU Catwoman to pull off Gotham City Sirens or if she's considered saved strictly for The Batman continuity now.
    At this point I think they've put any future Robbie Harley plans on the backburner unless it involves the Suicide Squad. I can imagine Robbie having "dibs" on Ivy though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Adam fears Thor?
    That was my first thought.

Extraordinary Member

Booo I wanted a trailer

Why all the way in October? Now flash has to be Christmas or rather early December since Batgirl is slated for late December.

Aquaman Shazam 2 and Bluebeetle for 2023

But worst of all DC doesn’t have to show us anything new now until next DCFandome which won’t be until Late Aug-Oct