Page 1043 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 435439439931033103910401041104210431044104510461047105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 15,631 to 15,645 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I don't like the trend of making Joker look all gross. It ironically makes him less intimidating. At least for me.
    Yeah I like the concept but the aesthetic choice isn't my thing here.

It does remind me of this though:

I don't like the trend of making Joker look all gross. It ironically makes him less intimidating. At least for me.
    Maybe he cleans up outside of Arkham.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Maybe he cleans up outside of Arkham.
    He's still pretty extensively scarred.

I mean...he's supposed to be the "Clown Prince of Crime" and wear suits, but didn't Reeves say he's not Joker yet?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

see: Scott Snyder

also why he looks gross:

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    see: Scott Snyder

also why he looks gross:

I was initially thinking that he looked rather “gross” because he had just recently taken the dip into the chemical bath. That’s why I was fine giving them a pass. Reeves says there wasn’t a chemical incident which doesn’t make sense because his skin is white, his hair is green, and he clearly has burns all over his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I was initially thinking that he looked rather “gross” because he had just recently taken the dip into the chemical bath. That’s why I was fine giving them a pass. Reeves says there wasn’t a chemical incident which doesn’t make sense because his skin is white, his hair is green, and he clearly has burns all over his skin.
    yeah I have no clue but he definitely has that grody Snyder look from Death of The Family.

I wonder if they'll tweak his look in the sequel

They keep trying to one up Ledger and I don’t think it works all that well. Would rather get a more traditional take, but Reeves doesn’t seem interested in using the Joker in his films anyway, so whatever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They keep trying to one up Ledger and I don’t think it works all that well. Would rather get a more traditional take, but Reeves doesn’t seem interested in using the Joker in his films anyway, so whatever.
    Well, he's kind of opened the floodgates so people will probably expect more of him in the future, but a traditional Joker would probably be too flamboyant for Reeves' Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he's kind of opened the floodgates so people will probably expect more of him in the future, but a traditional Joker would probably be too flamboyant for Reeves' Gotham.
    it would be an interesting dichotomy though with a purple suited Joker against the grim Batman

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    it would be an interesting dichotomy though with a purple suited Joker against the grim Batman
    Well, that's actually the common dynamic .

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Total Film:

James Gunn managed to pull off the seemingly impossible in Peacemaker – the director managed to get (most of) the Justice League together on screen for a cameo. Speaking with Total Film about the moment, the filmmaker reveals that there's a whole lot more of where that came from, especially when it comes to the humorous exchange between Ezra Miller's Flash and Jason Momoa's Aquaman.

"I have tons of stuff I didn't use," Gunn says. "Ezra went on – and I'm not kidding – for 16 minutes about Aquaman having sex with fish. It was really funny."

Towards the finale moments of episode 8, John Cena's Peacemaker saves the day – only for Superman, the Flash, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman to show up late. However, Miller and Momoa were the only ones on set to reprise their roles, as the others were silhouettes. The surprise cameo was well-received, with many calling it a perfect ending to the season.

"It was done through pure force of will on my part, of really pushing it to happen," Gunn explains. "I think everybody read it in the script, agreed to it, and then it became [a thing], and they realized what a big fucking deal it was."

Justice League members Batman and Cyborg are noticeably absent from the cameo, but Gunn promises we can expect more cameos in season 2.

"I think we're going to see more connections in some other stuff as we move forward with Peacemaker and other shows at HBO Max. So those [cameos] will keep coming," Gunn says. "I don't know if the Justice League is going to show up in every season of Peacemaker; that might be a one-time thing. We'll see!"

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/james-...-league-cameo/
    Honestly sad that the Justice League cameos in Peacemaker have made me more excited than anything DC has done in film for years. No problem with stand alone stuff like The Batman but I still wish we could see a shared universe for Justice League. Not sure how they make that happen at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's actually the common dynamic .
    lol, I mean in Reeves' Batman; especially since everything is so "grounded" and "realistic"

Mighty Member

https://www.cbr.com/dc-5g-answer-mcu/

Not sure how I feel about this. I would like some continuity with the movies and HBO MAX is a good hub for that. But I also like the variety of visions we get with the standalone movies. So, basically I would like some connectivity but not every movie/show has to be connected like the MCU

Marvel is apparently going to do a Nova (Nova Corps.) movie. Maybe they've realized that WB can't figure out Green Lantern so now is their chance to strike and stake their claim on the space cop concept.