Page 1044 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104010411042104310441045104610471048105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 15,646 to 15,660 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Marvel is apparently going to do a Nova (Nova Corps.) movie. Maybe they've realized that WB can't figure out Green Lantern so now is their chance to strike and stake their claim on the space cop concept.
    And they will likely both do it right and not shaft Richard Rider from it. WB's clown attempts to have a successful cinematic universe have been haunting them for a while and this will just be the latest example of how they get upstaged yet again.

The rumored plot is actually Rider as an established hero mentoring Sam Alexander as the new Nova, which is actually not dissimilar to the proposed premise for the DCEU Green Lantern film.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-27-2022 at 03:17 PM.

I was going by the Deadline article that mentioned only Richard, but if he's established hope it's not another situation where they purposely make one of them an old guy who serves no other purpose in the story than to prop up the other guy. That's quite the scummy thing to do to the character who helped establish the mantle for decades before another guy even showed up. If there's a situation where they don't plan to do justice to the OG, there's no point to even have him there. Just let the other character sink or swim on their own.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-27-2022 at 03:34 PM.

There was zero chance the new GL was gonna be another solo Hal Jordan vehicle after the first one, so a buddy movie sounds like the right idea, tbh. And makes sense for Nova given the Latinx market is one Marvel's yet to actually tap into, and one WB is already beating them to the punch on with Blue Beetle. Interplay between a duo is always fun if you can pull it off.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-27-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Never had any illusions for another solo Hal movie, what I do know is I'm not going to spend any money to see a supposedly "team-up" movie where Hal Jordan is an old side character that serves no other purpose than the one I previously mentioned. I don't care about a Hank Pym-ed Hal Jordan or a Richard Rider playing second fiddle to Sam Alexander for that matter. Luckily Marvel does tend to have a better track record than DC so chances are "old man" Rich would still do better than "old man" Hal would.

And I'm just tired of the "you can't use the white guy" argument. Great, let's not use him but let's hijack his content and give it to someone else, right?
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-27-2022 at 03:59 PM.

I feel like DC going with a GL HBOMax series meant we weren't getting a film any time soon, but doesn't the HBOMax series serve the same function? Unless it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Never had any illusions for another solo Hal movie, what I do know is I'm not going to spend any money to see a supposedly "team-up" movie where Hal Jordan is an old side character that serves no other purpose than the one I previously mentioned. I don't care about a Hank Pym-ed Hal Jordan or a Richard Rider playing second fiddle to Sam Alexander for that matter. Luckily Marvel does tend to have a better track record than DC so chances are "old man" Rich would still do better than "old man" Hal would.

And I'm just beyond tired of the "you can't use the white guy" argument.
    Well, the great news is the first movie is always there waiting on HBO Max, I guess. It's all kinda moot now anyway since it's been forever since any update on the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like DC going with a GL HBOMax series meant we weren't getting a film any time soon, but doesn't the HBOMax series serve the same function? Unless it's terrible.
    Depends. Unless plans change then the plan was reportedly to focus on everyone but John and Hal since those were supposed to be the duo for the movie. Though like I said it's been so long since an actual update on the movie that I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually folded it into the series.

I certainly never want any superhero movie or TV series to be terrible whether it purposely dumps on characters I happen to like or not.

And I'm just tired of the "you can't use the white guy" argument. Great, let's not use him but let's hijack his content and give it to someone else, right?

Well DC has no one to blame but themselves. They’ve done a poor job at building up franchises around their non legacy Non White heroes (Vixen, Black Lightning, Cyborg, Vibe, Fire, El Dorado, Katana, Samurai, Sideways…etc) that they have to rely on the non White legacies that have fan bases (John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, Blue Beetle, Mr Terrific, Dr Fate…etc) or race swap (Batgirl, Black Canary, Hawkman, Constantine?, Zatanna?).

I’m curious what comes out first Green Lanterns (Hal and John) or Nova (Rich and Sam), I’m also curious what will be more successful at tapping into the Latino audience Nova (Sam) or Blue Beetle (Jaime).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

And I'm just tired of the "you can't use the white guy" argument.
    It's a good thing I never used it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Depends. Unless plans change then the plan was reportedly to focus on everyone but John and Hal since those were supposed to be the duo for the movie. Though like I said it's been so long since an actual update on the movie that I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually folded it into the series.
    I mean, Sinestro's supposed to be in the show and he's a pretty central/major GL character, so I feel like he would've been off-limits if they were seriously making progress on a GL film.

I mean, Sinestro's supposed to be in the show and he's a pretty central/major GL character, so I feel like he would've been off-limits if they were seriously making progress on a GL film.
    Depending on how tied the two projects were you could conceivably introduce Sinestro in the show ahead of a debut in the film (or a sequel if they wanted to go with someone else for the first movie). I actually always liked the idea of using the Manhunters and then building up to Sinestro later.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well DC has no one to blame but themselves. They’ve done a poor job at building up franchises around their non legacy Non White heroes (Vixen, Black Lightning, Cyborg, Vibe, Fire, El Dorado, Katana, Samurai, Sideways…etc) that they have to rely on the non White legacies that have fan bases (John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, Blue Beetle, Mr Terrific, Dr Fate…etc) or race swap (Batgirl, Black Canary, Hawkman, Constantine?, Zatanna?).

I’m curious what comes out first Green Lanterns (Hal and John) or Nova (Rich and Sam), I’m also curious what will be more successful at tapping into the Latino audience Nova (Sam) or Blue Beetle (Jaime).
    Don't see how further damaging a brand by purposely sabotaging certain important characters who made that brand what it is today would help solve their problems in the long run, or how is something like racebending Constantine or Zatanna going to help them do that either. Poor decision making isn't fixed by more poor decision making.

I thought Namor was being planned to tap into the Latino market. Certainly seems to have more potential for a bigger impact than Nova.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-27-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

And they will likely both do it right and not shaft Richard Rider from it. WB's clown attempts to have a successful cinematic universe have been haunting them for a while and this will just be the latest example of how they get upstaged yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Marvel is apparently going to do a Nova (Nova Corps.) movie. Maybe they've realized that WB can't figure out Green Lantern so now is their chance to strike and stake their claim on the space cop concept.
    Jesus, guys! You do all know that the Green Lantern Corps is getting an HBO Max series, right? One that’s already cast one if it’s main characters.

Sometimes, I honestly don’t get the needlessly negative energy here. DC literally just started out 2022 with two big hits: Peacemaker and The Batman and still has two more movies coming out this year. And last year, there was The Suicide Squad and The Snyder Cut, which were both successful. There’s a Blue Beetle movie in the works, a Batgirl movie that’s almost done filming. Even the Wonder Twins are getting a movie.

Like, come on guys. What’s with all of the negativity. The DCEU is actually not in a bad place right now.

I thought Namor was being planned to tap into the Latino market. Certainly seems to have more potential for a bigger impact than Nova.
    Well, they can't beat Aquaman, but would anyone really care about Atlanteans being used as stand-ins for Latinos?