Page 1045 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 455459459951035104110421043104410451046104710481049105510951145 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,675 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Jesus, guys! You do all know that the Green Lantern Corps is getting an HBO Max series, right? One that’s already cast one if it’s main characters.

Sometimes, I honestly don’t get the needlessly negative energy here. DC literally just started out 2022 with two big hits: Peacemaker and The Batman and still has two more movies coming out this year. And last year, there was The Suicide Squad and The Snyder Cut, which were both successful. There’s a Blue Beetle movie in the works, a Batgirl movie that’s almost done filming. Even the Wonder Twins are getting a movie.

Like, come on guys. What’s with all of the negativity. The DCEU is actually not in a bad place right now.
    Hey the Metal Men are supposedly getting a show too. The potential is always there with any DC brand and noone says otherwise, the track record of the studio that owns DC on the other hand isn't nearly good enough to earn a lot of that trust the other studio has. Marvel can get away with Black Widow or Eternals underperforming or getting bad reviews at this point, if Doctor Strange 2 underperforms it probably won't matter much either. DC can't get away with pretty much anything underperforming at this point. Some people here said The Batman was underperforming that I really don't get, but that's the perception WB has created for themselves. They don't have the trust of their audience, and not every movie or show would have a Matt Reeves or a James Gunn. Until they build that trust people would just be skeptical about it, it's how it is.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-28-2022 at 02:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I still love that the team that was partially responsible for bringing down Green Lantern was once again given the keys to the GL kingdom and that its taken them 3+ years to get it off the ground (because it aint coming this year)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Don't see how further damaging a brand by purposely sabotaging certain important characters who made that brand what it is today would help solve their problems in the long run, or how is something like racebending Constantine or Zatanna going to help them do that either. Poor decision making isn't fixed by more poor decision making.

I thought Namor was being planned to tap into the Latino market. Certainly seems to have more potential for a bigger impact than Nova.
    I’m just going by the rumors that Constantine and Zatanna are being race swapped for the JLD DCEU shows/movies. WB//DC is the King of poor decisions and I don’t see that changing anytime soon!

Namor is another race swap while Sam is actually a Latino character. They also have America Chavez. I’m curious to see Marvel’s take on Atlantis because the whole inspired by the Mesoamericans has me intrigued!so there’s plenty coining up for Latino/Indigenous audiences
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I still love that the team that was partially responsible for bringing down Green Lantern was once again given the keys to the GL kingdom and that its taken them 3+ years to get it off the ground (because it aint coming this year)
    They must have killed it with the pitch lol

To be fair I never blamed people like Berlanti or Johns for it. Johns was a consultant who had no real creative input, and Berlanti was given a script credit despite that they didn't use his actual script. The problems of that production are more than well-documented, but I always thought it was rather unfair to always single out only 2 or 3 people.

Extraordinary Member

Hey the Metal Men are supposedly getting a show too.
    The metal men will be getting 2 movies.
    The Metal Men : In April 2007, a film centered around the Metal Men entered development with Eric Champnella as screenwriter; Lauren Shuler Donner and Jack Leslie also joined as producers. In May 2012, Barry Sonnenfeld entered negotiations with Warner Bros. to direct the film and was hired the next month. In July 2013, DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson reiterated the company's intentions to make the film. In October 2021, Sonnenfeld revealed that the film's story was still being written.

By December, a separate animated film based on the Metal Men was in development at Warner Animation Group.

Finally got to see The Batman earlier today. It wasn't as good as The Dark Knight, but it was better than Batman Begins, probably better than The Dark Knight Rises, and every single DCEU movie to date, so it was pretty good.

Mighty Member

Jesus, guys! You do all know that the Green Lantern Corps is getting an HBO Max series, right? One that’s already cast one if it’s main characters.

Sometimes, I honestly don’t get the needlessly negative energy here. DC literally just started out 2022 with two big hits: Peacemaker and The Batman and still has two more movies coming out this year. And last year, there was The Suicide Squad and The Snyder Cut, which were both successful. There’s a Blue Beetle movie in the works, a Batgirl movie that’s almost done filming. Even the Wonder Twins are getting a movie.

Like, come on guys. What’s with all of the negativity. The DCEU is actually not in a bad place right now.
    Totally with you on this. I've been rewatching the old classics (Superman '78, Batman '89) and going to rewatch the Snyder ones. But yeah I'm still excited for what's coming next.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

https://twitter.com/TheDCEU/status/1508250109166845952

Can't believe this won out over Endgame and Spider-Man at the Oscars just now. Weirdly elated, not gonna lie lol.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

To be fair I never blamed people like Berlanti or Johns for it. Johns was a consultant who had no real creative input, and Berlanti was given a script credit despite that they didn't use his actual script. The problems of that production are more than well-documented, but I always thought it was rather unfair to always single out only 2 or 3 people.
    Given Marc Guggenheim's track record on Arrow, I dont think his take on GL would've been much more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheDCEU/status/1508250109166845952

Can't believe this won out over Endgame and Spider-Man at the Oscars just now. Weirdly elated, not gonna lie lol.
    Snyder stans are a whole nother level so im not surprised lol

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Given Marc Guggenheim's track record on Arrow, I dont think his take on GL would've been much more successful.

Snyder stans are a whole nother level so im not surprised lol
    Yeah right after my initial surprise I said to myself "of course they mobilized and overwhelmed the fan vote."

I wasn't crapping on the movie projects in general, just the mishandling of the Green Lantern franchise. Overall I've enjoyed most of the DC movies in the past few years and I'm excited for the future projects (especially Blue Beetle!). The only one I felt was truly bad was Wonder Woman 84.

Yeah, they have cast 2 of the roles for the GL show but I still have a feeling that it's either a very long way off or won't end up happening. The budget required for a GL tv show will probably be the biggest for any DC HBO Max project.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah right after my initial surprise I said to myself "of course they mobilized and overwhelmed the fan vote."
    It’s something DC fans should be celebrating but instead all I see is fighting lol the DC fan base is so divided!! Probably has the most divided fan base in Hollywood
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I'd like to think WB saw something in their pitch...but I also see that they've let Titans carry on as is for multiple seasons.

If you take away anything from this thread, it's that a lot of people love complaining about DC more than they claim to like DC. Marvel racebending characters is great but DC doing it means they're the king of poor decisions, even when they do use original minority characters.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-27-2022 at 11:11 PM.