Page 1049 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104510461047104810491050105110521053105910991149 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's because he was still fighting and hadn't handed the baton to someone else. In the new Batgirl film, things will be different.
    We've already seen him as a main character in two films before Batgirl where we'll have a different Batman altogether who we've also seen in two Batman films before. This is not a situation where we've seen Ted before and he comes back as a side character in another character's movie, he's literally introduced as someone the audience has never seen before and he's both way past his prime and from what we know may have never even been Blue Beetle before. And even if he was, we never got to see that in the first place. This would be akin to the MCU never doing the Iron Man movies and now decide to do a Riri Williams movie where Stark is an old side character who may or may not have been Iron Man 30 years ago and we never got to see it.

In any event I want to make it clear this isn't any sort of deal breaker for me since Jaime is a great character and I'm looking forward to the movie, but there's been a pattern recently in how Hollywood sees these legacy mantles and that approach does no favors to characters who helped build their respective shared universes into what we know today.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-30-2022 at 08:20 AM.

Incredible Member

Two Hawaii residents have filed restraining orders against Ezra Miller for harassing & threatening them.

Miller allegedly “burst into the bedroom of the petitioner(s) and threatened” the male victim “saying ‘I will bury you and your slut wife.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...47147.html?amp

Weren't they looking at a James Marsden or the literal James Marsden for Ted? I don't expect him to be that old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Two Hawaii residents have filed restraining orders against Ezra Miller for harassing & threatening them.

Miller allegedly “burst into the bedroom of the petitioner(s) and threatened” the male victim “saying ‘I will bury you and your slut wife.”

Dear lord...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    It's three now; he's also been hit with a restraining order from a couple that he was staying with; he threatened to kill them and stole from them.
    Wait, what???

We all joke about him at this point but seriously what the hell happened to this guy. Was he always known for being a little crazy like that or are those antics a more recent thing for him. Until he choked that woman a while back I don't recall any scandals about him. Now it seems like he's in the news 24/7.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    We've already seen him as a main character in two films before Batgirl where we'll have a different Batman altogether who we've also seen in two Batman films before. This is not a situation where we've seen Ted before and he comes back as a side character in another character's movie, he's literally introduced as someone the audience has never seen before and he's both way past his prime and from what we know may have never even been Blue Beetle before. And even if he was, we never got to see that in the first place. This would be akin to the MCU never doing the Iron Man movies and now decide to do a Riri Williams movie where Stark is an old side character who may or may not have been Iron Man 30 years ago and we never got to see it.
    The problem is that Jaime is the focal point now, so Ted is never going to be in a position to shine. Now that might be a hard truth to swallow, but it has to be faced. I mean, would John Zatara get a film before his daughter?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash screened the past night (what a perfect timing after the recent news involving Ezra, lol).

Reactions were positive.

A new DCEU timeline is created at the end of the movie. "What have you done, Barry!?!"

Superman: spoilers:
    Bye bye to Cavill and welcome back MoS' Zod. It seems Henry appears only via archive footages
    end of spoilers

Bat-Keaton: spoilers:
    He became crazy after the last time we saw him
    end of spoilers

Batfleck: spoilers:
    He is done for good and replaced by Keaton but, plot twist, he is trapped somewhere else at end in a post credits scene setting up a Crisis event for the future.
    end of spoilers

Villain: spoilers:
    Speed Force/Black Flash
    end of spoilers

Ezra Miller is not erased at the end of the movie, but this might change with the next cut.

The problem is that Jaime is the focal point now, so Ted is never going to be in a position to shine. Now that might be a hard truth to swallow, but it has to be faced. I mean, would John Zatara get a film before his daughter?
    I wouldn't expect John to get a film, but I expect a Zatanna film to give him due respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash screened the past night (what a perfect timing after the recent news involving Ezra, lol).

Reactions were positive.

A new DCEU timeline is created at the end of the movie. "What have you done, Barry!?!"

Bye bye to Cavill and welcome back MoS' Zod. It seems Henry appears only via archive footages
    end of spoilers

Bat-Keaton: spoilers:
    He became crazy after the last time we saw him
    end of spoilers

Batfleck: spoilers:
    He is done for good and replaced by Keaton but, plot twist, he is trapped somewhere else at end in a post credits scene setting up a Crisis event for the future.
    end of spoilers

Villain: spoilers:
    Speed Force/Black Flash
    end of spoilers

Ezra Miller is not erased at the end of the movie, but this might change with the next cut.
    This movie sounds so insane...

Yeah apparently they make it explicitly clear that no Superman exists in the post Flashpoint DCEU lol. So they kept Affleck even though they’ve got two other Batmen and Affleck wanted out, but erased Cavill. I guess Cavill might show up again as evil Superman in Crisis if they ever actually adapt that, but otherwise he’s done entirely.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah apparently they make it explicitly clear that no Superman exists in the post Flashpoint DCEU lol. So they kept Affleck even though they’ve got two other Batmen and Affleck wanted out, but erased Cavill. I guess Cavill might show up again as evil Superman in Crisis if they ever actually adapt that, but otherwise he’s done entirely.
    This sound a continuity mess.

I guess they need more Batmen as possible for a Batman: No Way Home movie.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-30-2022 at 10:23 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't expect John to get a film, but I expect a Zatanna film to give him due respect.

This movie sounds so insane...
    Oh, I agree with that, Frontier. They might not be in the driver's seat anymore, but all of the older characters that have been replaced still deserve their props.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    spoilers:
    and Bat-Bale is in it too
    end of spoilers

This sound a continuity mess.

I guess they need more Batmen as possible for a Batman: No Way Home movie.
    There's a reason people still think WB has no idea what they're doing.
    Oh, I agree with that, Frontier. They might not be in the driver's seat anymore, but all of the older characters that have been replaced still deserve their props.
    I'm fine with Ted being a James Marsden-type.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

They're gonna end up deepfaking Grant Gustin into the movie at this rate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a reason people still think WB has no idea what they're doing.

I'm fine with Ted being a James Marsden-type.
    WB bending over backwards to accommodate Affleck and favoring Batman, while also stiffing Cavill and treating Superman with contempt is well within established norms. Hilarious that all this started with Cavill meant to be in a Superman trilogy, but instead he got shoved to the side and everything revolves around Batman, to the point that the DCEU instead became a Batman epic. It’s like they condensed the entire history of DC since the DKR into a decade! Oh well I don’t really care, I never liked Cavill all that much and don’t mind them erasing him (but what’s the point of erasing him when they’re going to need him back for any hypothetical Knightmare follow up in CoIE they want to do?) but it’s crazy that they’re just outright dropping Superman entirely from the DCEU instead of just recasting him or bring back Routh to replace Cavill.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Reactions were positive.

end of spoilers
    Wait so he never started his career or he's dead or what?