Page 1051 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 5155195110011041104710481049105010511052105310541055106111011151 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,765 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Ezra Miller antics again, yet people just want to talk about Ray Fisher who didn't do anything
    People are talking about Ray Fisher because he's busy stalking/harassing Walter Hamada while his buddy is out threatening to kill people. So, they're asking if A>E extends to Ezra, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'm not sure what your issue is. Superman is around. He's just not the center of events for the time being.
    ...No issue. I just asked about the continuity.

I'm not sure what your issue is. Superman is around. He's just not the center of events for the time being.
    The implication we’re getting is that Superman flat out does not exist on the post Flash Earth, instead Kara is retroactively the only Kryptonian survivor. Johnny is pointing out that creates problems with TSS and Peacemaker referencing Superman, but you can hand wave it away as now Bloodsport shot Supergirl and Supergirl showed up in the end.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The implication we’re getting is that Superman flat out does not exist on the post Flash Earth, instead Kara is retroactively the only Kryptonian survivor. Johnny is pointing out that creates problems with TSS and Peacemaker referencing Superman, but you can hand wave it away as now Bloodsport shot Supergirl and Supergirl showed up in the end.
    ...Keep being a mess, DC movies .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I haven't seen anyone suggest Superman doesn't exist. They say he shows up in archival footage. That means he's around, but they're not gonna focus on him for now. He's just off doing his own thing.

I haven't seen anyone suggest Superman doesn't exist. They say he shows up in archival footage. That means he's around, but they're not gonna focus on him for now. He's just off doing his own thing.
    Did they say if that archival footage is before or after Barry reboots/creates a new Earth? Because my understanding is that the archival footage is from before and that Cavill is not part of the continuity of the new Earth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think we're all so focused on the strange changes and middle finger to Cavill that we're not seeing the forest for the trees here - they said audience reactions were mostly positive! That's actually kind of a relief to be honest, I was expecting something a lot more negative. I don't really care as much about what the Flashpoint-type fallout of this is going to be - we knew that they were replacing Affleck with Keaton, we knew Affleck was in a much happier, healthier place now than he was circa 2016/17, and if anyone here truly thought WB was bringing Cavill back they were either fooling themselves or very naive. So all this does is pull off the Affleck to Keaton changeover we expected, gives Affleck an in if he wants it, and squashes the Cavill fans' hopes by officially stating what a lot of us already suspected that WB wanted to move away from his Superman. But people are posting up a storm like this is all somehow a surprise. But were any of us expecting that the movie might be enjoyable? All I want from a DC movie is to be entertained, all this shared universe connections and build-up is a side thing.

Mind, it didn't say just how positive those reactions were, from a scale of "meh, it was alright, my time wasn't wasted" to "OMG that was the best movie in years!!!!" so we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

(I also don't give a fudge about Ezra's growing criminal record, I'm a separate an artist from their works type, I just want good movies, not moral actors.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Wait so he never started his career or he's dead or what?
    Yeah I don’t know what that means either. Is it just implied that Superman no longer exists or is he officially erased?

This new Supergirl better be the most charismatic character to ever be in a superhero flick if WB is erasing freakin Superman from their movieverse and focusing on her. I’m sure she’ll be given all of the Superman villains us fans have longed to see Kal battle on the big screen.

Sounds like they want to keep Batfleck in their back pocket (universe) for a potential No Way Home/Crisis situation down the line.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I don’t know what that means either. Is it just implied that Superman no longer exists or is he officially erased?

This new Supergirl better be the most charismatic character to ever be in a superhero flick if WB is erasing freakin Superman from their movieverse and focusing on her. I’m sure she’ll be given all of the Superman villains us fans have longed to see Kal battle on the big screen.

Sounds like they want to keep Batfleck in their back pocket (universe) for a potential No Way Home/Crisis situation down the line.
    Ben is never coming back, they should respect him declining

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

So basically the Supergirl CW show all over again. Give Supergirl all of Superman's story, cast, and villains you wouldn't let him have, and then claim he couldn't have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Ben is never coming back, they should respect him declining
    I don't see how this is disrespecting that. No way would be agree to it unless he's open to returning. Again, he's in a different headspace now so he may have changed his mind. Certainly they're not forcing him into anything, merely allowing him to return if he should choose to. That's plenty respectful.

People are talking about Ray Fisher because he's busy stalking/harassing Walter Hamada while his buddy is out threatening to kill people. So, they're asking if A>E extends to Ezra, too.
    1) What stalking and harassment?

2) Fisher isn't Miller's buddy and even if he were, he is not obligated to talk about his actions if he doesn't want to seeing as how no one else is asking the other actors to say something about it.

Is it an unpopular opinion that I think that Grant Gustin should’ve been the DCEU flash from the jump?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Is it an unpopular opinion that I think that Grant Gustin should’ve been the DCEU flash from the jump?
    I can't see why it would be .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Grant's alright, I just relish the opportunity to see a more perfect Barry Allen cast in the future.