Page 1052 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 5255295210021042104810491050105110521053105410551056106211021152 ... LastLast
Results 15,766 to 15,780 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

You're not famous enough to get away with stuff like this, my dude. Especially with a movie to promote. Miller has some serious anger issues and need some kind of therapy.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    ...No issue. I just asked about the continuity.
    spoilers:
    It seems the Flash movie will pull an Abrams' Star Trek and make old and new DCEU 2 different timelines co-existing. So Cavill Superman and Batfleck's lives will keep going in the original timeline, while in the new timeline created by Flash, Keaton was the DCEU Batman all along and Superman was... not explained and left vague?

In the "Flashpoint" alt. timeline, Shannon's Zod killed him as a baby and Kara is the only kryptonian survivor, trapped by the government and experimented on. I get someone can assume this plot element (baby kal-el killed) will carry over in the merged new timeline at the end. But it would make more sense if, in the new timeline, Superman is still around like Peacemaker's finale make us believe.
    end of spoilers

Don't seem to be clear from the screening leaks. Maybe it's not clear in the actual movie and the reports will keep being confusing. Maybe, WB has yet to figure it out. idk

Btw, the movie is still more than a year away and a lot can change via reshoots and editing.

So the same problem with doing reboots in DC comics is affecting the DCEU; 'some stuff are canon, some stuff aren't and for the parts that don't fit anymore, well don't think about it too hard, just wait till the next reboot'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So the same problem with doing reboots in DC comics is affecting the DCEU; 'some stuff are canon, some stuff aren't and for the parts that don't fit anymore, well don't think about it too hard, just wait till the next reboot'.
    Maybe it's the DCEU's way to be comic-accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    spoilers:
    It seems the Flash movie will pull an Abrams' Star Trek and make old and new DCEU 2 different timelines co-existing. So Cavill Superman and Batfleck's lives will keep going in the original timeline, while in the new timeline created by Flash, Keaton was the DCEU Batman all along and Superman was... not explained and left vague?

In the "Flashpoint" alt. timeline, Shannon's Zod killed him as a baby and Kara is the only kryptonian survivor, trapped by the government and experimented on. I get someone can assume this plot element (baby kal-el killed) will carry over in the merged new timeline at the end. But it would make more sense if, in the new timeline, Superman is still around like Peacemaker's finale make us believe.
    end of spoilers

Don't seem to be clear from the screening leaks. Maybe it's not clear in the actual movie and the reports will keep being confusing. Maybe, WB has yet to figure it out. idk

Btw, the movie is still more than a year away and a lot can change via reshoots and editing.
    I hope the world is ready for dark Supergirl I guess.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Seems like a good way for Supergirl’s story to have a happy ending after all she’s been through would be for Superman to still exist in the new timeline.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Uh, the bane of my existence.

I still remeber reading Superman Rebirth and having my main character magically replaced by a similar-but-quite copy of himself in the middle of the story.

That being said I'm rooting for Supergirl, so I really hope this doesn't affect the perception of Sasha's character negatively. Let's have a fresh start and try to keep it consistent from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    That being said I'm rooting for Supergirl, so I really hope this doesn't affect the perception of Sasha's character negatively. Let's have a fresh start and try to keep it consistent from then on.
    I'm happy for her as an actress but I'm just not feeling this as an interpretation of Kara. Just seems too different.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I really don't see how this is a fair comparison. Ted was the only/main Blue Beetle for 30 years, while I'm not sure Zatara for as long as he's been around, even had an ongoing book before. And again, I don't need Ted to be the main character or even a secondary protagonist, I don't want him to be sabotaged and changed beyond recognition for absolutely no reason when there's no need for him to even show up in the movie.
    You were talking about making an Iron Man film with Tony Stark as an old man. The difference is Tony was and still is a force at Marvel, while Ted hasn't been for a very long time. Even at his peak at DC, where would he have ranked? Having said that, had Marvel decided to go with a POC Iron Man, as their first cinematic attempt, old Tony would have been indeed old Tony.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    You were talking about making an Iron Man film with Tony Stark as an old man. The difference is Tony was and still is a force at Marvel, while Ted hasn't been for a very long time. Even at his peak at DC, where would he have ranked? Having said that, had Marvel decided to go with a POC Iron Man, as their first cinematic attempt, old Tony would have been indeed old Tony.
    Ironically he has a comic with Booster right now instead of Jaime...although Jaime appeared too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ironically he has a comic with Booster right now instead of Jaime...although Jaime appeared too.
    After this movie launched I expect to see less of him and they Proably will slowly age him to help support Jaime’s claim

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    After this movie launched I expect to see less of him and they Proably will slowly age him to help support Jaime’s claim
    DC's not that synergistic. To be honest I'm amazed Ted's shown up as much as he has lately.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

I assume that once the timeline is reset, Superman and Supergirl will co-exist in the new universe, Keaton will have always been Batman, and Batfleck is lost in the multiverse (He can always join up with President Superman-Multiverse's Finest).

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I assume that once the timeline is reset, Superman and Supergirl will co-exist in the new universe, Keaton will have always been Batman, and Batfleck is lost in the multiverse (He can always join up with President Superman-Multiverse's Finest).
    Yeah, that's the most logic thing to do. Keep SM around even if he is not seen, while Supergirl takes the spotlight.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In today's market, any of the Blue Beetles are going to have a hard time selling. As we all know, though, movies are different than the comics audience-wise.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?