Page 1053 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043104910501051105210531054105510561057106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,795 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy for her as an actress but I'm just not feeling this as an interpretation of Kara. Just seems too different.
    Nothing about her really makes sense so far. It wouldn't make sense for her to replace Cavill's role in the DCEu anyway, but it makes even less given everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think we're all so focused on the strange changes and middle finger to Cavill that we're not seeing the forest for the trees here - they said audience reactions were mostly positive! That's actually kind of a relief to be honest, I was expecting something a lot more negative. I don't really care as much about what the Flashpoint-type fallout of this is going to be - we knew that they were replacing Affleck with Keaton, we knew Affleck was in a much happier, healthier place now than he was circa 2016/17, and if anyone here truly thought WB was bringing Cavill back they were either fooling themselves or very naive. So all this does is pull off the Affleck to Keaton changeover we expected, gives Affleck an in if he wants it, and squashes the Cavill fans' hopes by officially stating what a lot of us already suspected that WB wanted to move away from his Superman. But people are posting up a storm like this is all somehow a surprise. But were any of us expecting that the movie might be enjoyable? All I want from a DC movie is to be entertained, all this shared universe connections and build-up is a side thing.

Mind, it didn't say just how positive those reactions were, from a scale of "meh, it was alright, my time wasn't wasted" to "OMG that was the best movie in years!!!!" so we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

(I also don't give a fudge about Ezra's growing criminal record, I'm a separate an artist from their works type, I just want good movies, not moral actors.)
    You realize these are fan boys you are talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Nothing about her really makes sense so far. It wouldn't make sense for her to replace Cavill's role in the DCEu anyway, but it makes even less given everything else.
    Because we don't fully know her role yet. We don't fully know the movie yet. Heck, Gustin might take over the Flash mantle and be called Wally, just to PO everyone.

I already see the sexism cropping up in the superman fanbase
    No clue why we have to go through this same argument again like when Kara got a show in the CW before clark

For everyone saying Gustin should be DCEU Flash, I'd really rather they just find a new actor than resort to the tv guys.

I've seen Grant be a great flash. I know he's a great flash. I don't know if any other replacement will be great. Or like Miller, utter **** when he's at his worst.

But so long as christina hodson is writing, that's a shame.
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 03-31-2022 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    I've seen Grant be a great flash. I know he's a great flash. I don't know if any other replacement will be great. Or like Miller, utter **** when he's at his worst.

But so long as christina hodson is writing, that's a shame.
    Doesn't mean they should cast him as Flash for the movieverse. He's got the show, movies should be separate.

Niffleheim

Gustin would be the best wish solution to The Flash casting problem. He doesn’t even need to be the same CW Barry just another version of him so that they don’t get bogged down with CW Barry’s history
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-31-2022 at 09:29 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I don't think Gustin needs to be the movie Flash, but I think he's a much better Barry than Ezra Miller so I'd rather someone more like him play The Flash than Miller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I already see the sexism cropping up in the superman fanbase
    No clue why we have to go through this same argument again like when Kara got a show in the CW before clark
    I mean, I don't think it's necesarilly sexist to think Kara might benefit from WB shortchanging Clark in certain respects...

With some of the WB execs hate and subsequent treatment of Cavills Kent/Superman it does not come as a complete surprise. But oddly enough its still very disappointing to see them dropping the ball that hard. Weirdly enough this all managed to completely sour the entire franchise for me; not in a "gonna threw a raging tantrum" way. More in a "everything DC is kind a dead to me" way; even stuff I was kinda looking forward too. I look at it and all I feel is disappointment with a tiny bit of anger

*sigh* Maybe down the line in a few years. Time to (re)discover new and exiting franchises!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    For everyone saying Gustin should be DCEU Flash, I'd really rather they just find a new actor than resort to the tv guys.
    WB seems to have a weird aversion to recasting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    With some of the WB execs hate and subsequent treatment of Cavills Kent/Superman it does not come as a complete surprise. But oddly enough its still very disappointing to see them dropping the ball that hard. Weirdly enough this all managed to completely sour the entire franchise for me; not in a "gonna threw a raging tantrum" way. More in a "everything DC is kind a dead to me" way; even stuff I was kinda looking forward too. I look at it and all I feel is disappointment with a tiny bit of anger

*sigh* Maybe down the line in a few years. Time to (re)discover new and exiting franchises!
    Wasn’t the original rumor that they wanted to spin a new Superman out of Supergirl? Maybe they’ll do that down the line, copying what the Arrowverse did. For now Supergirl is clearly going to be the main face of the Super franchise going forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It depends on what the situation is. In the new established timeline, Superman and Supergirl will probably have already met and become close as family members. MOS shows that Kara was out there somewhere anyway, so this would take care of that dangling plot-line. I don't see her taking his role, so much as getting some focus for development while they work out the situation with Supes.

If it were me, I'd just send Superman to space and develop an adventure away from Earth. That's something we haven't seen with Superman in live action. You could make a GOTG-type film with Superman in space teaming up with cosmic heroes to fight back the threat of Mongul and War World. If Superman is leaving Earth, then it makes sense that he'd want his cousin to take his spot in the JL and keep an eye on Earth while he's gone.

Again, that's just me.

OMG, What if Cavill's Moustache is Mister Mind!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

More about the reactions to The Flash screening...

The movie:

"I actually really like the plot I heard about The Flash movie, the more I think about it, it’s shaping up to be a really classic science fiction adventure film about a hero confronting their own demons and how they understand the capabilities they have.

The Flash is essentially traveling in one GIGANTIC maze. Zod and Faora are obstacles in the way. These timelines are just multiple paths. It’s up to Flash on how they overcome these challenges throughout the speed force."
    https://twitter.com/AjepArts/status/1509842991271268352

"Yes, very much this. Zod and Faora are the major physical threats in the movie but they aren't the main villains. It doesn't have a classic Hero vs. Villain structure."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...b2v/?context=3

"People enjoyed THE FLASH. It’s good, not great and I’m sure it’ll improve over time!"
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...13642901884941

Keaton and Miller's performances:

"Everyone I know who's seen FLASH says Keaton looks great in it, in and out of the Batsuit."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...79811777175579

Heard this too. The general consensus seems to be that Keaton is one of the best parts of THE FLASH, if not the best part of the film.

Don’t think Ezra is bad in this movie, I’ve heard they give a good performance in the film and maybe their best portrayal of the character to date.
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...88577046470662

I didn't say he was the best part. I said that people enjoyed Keaton more but that Ezra was still good as well.
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...60913602899970

Ezra's performance has always been divisive. Some like their performance and some don't. I think it depends on the person watching the movie and their opinion of Ezra's portrayal of the character.
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...97816708124674

Sasha's Supergirl:

"I heard nothing but GREAT things about Sasha Calle's Supergirl ⚡️"
    https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...99447231119371

"Amazing."
    https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...98061881872396
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-01-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Obviously we don’t know anything other than hearsay and rumors but if this Kara is from a timeline where baby Kal was murdered by Zod and she was imprisoned on earth, I think it would be a better ending (and a positive start of her DC movieverse story) for her to go to a new timeline where Superman survived and still exists.

this potential new timeline without a Superman doesn’t seem like a very happy ending for her. Yeah you’re no longer imprisoned but Kal still doesn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    OMG, What if Cavill's Moustache is Mister Mind!
    Haha his most diabolical plot ever!