Page 1061 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 6156196110111051105710581059106010611062106310641065107111111161 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,915 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How much you want to spend on refilming and CGI all of Miller's footage with the new guy?
    I didn't say refilm Miller's footage, I meant cast a new actor for the character's future appearances. After the Flash movie is out and they want to bring Barry back for a sequel or guest appearances in other movies, just pull an Edward Norton/Mark Ruffalo or Terrence Howard/Don Cheadle and they're good to go. Marvel didn't just drop the Bruce Banner character because of issues between the studio and the actor, they just recast the role. Similarly there's no point for the Barry Allen character to suffer because the actor has been a fool. They can cast someone much better suited for the part than Miller anyway and who would actually have their act together.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-06-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I didn't say refilm Miller's footage, I meant cast a new actor for the character's future appearances. After the Flash movie is out and they want to bring Barry back for a sequel or guest appearances in other movies, just pull an Edward Norton/Mark Ruffalo or Terrence Howard/Don Cheadle and they're good to go. Marvel didn't just drop the Bruce Banner character because of issues between the studio and the actor, they just recast the role. Similarly there's no point for the Barry Allen character to suffer because the actor has been a fool. They can cast someone much better suited for the part than Miller anyway and who would actually have their act together.
    It could potentially becomes more of a problem if the film is successful and loved by fans. If the flick is actually good and moviegoers want more of Ezra’s Flash then it becomes that much harder to replace him and Ezra has a bargaining chip.

While I loved the Edward Norton Hulk movie, it didn’t perform as well as the studio hoped it would and received mixed reactions from fans and critics.

Terrance Howard was a side character and didn’t even suit up as War Machine.

Ezra’s Flash is slated to be a corner stone of the DC movieverse going forward. This is a much bigger headache for WB than the other situations. They can either have the movie under performs and it’s easy to replace him or have it be a huge success which makes it harder to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Or maybe they really will bring in Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    By all means they can bring him in, just don't dump on Barry in the process because of factors that have nothing to do with the character.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-06-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ezra’s Flash is slated to be a corner stone of the DC movieverse going forward. This is a much bigger headache for WB than the other situations. They can either have the movie under performs and it’s easy to replace him or have it be a huge success which makes it harder to get rid of him.
    Oh no, now the DCEU will look slapdash and poorly planned

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It could potentially becomes more of a problem if the film is successful and loved by fans. If the flick is actually good and moviegoers want more of Ezra’s Flash then it becomes that much harder to replace him and Ezra has a bargaining chip.

While I loved the Edward Norton Hulk movie, it didn’t perform as well as the studio hoped it would and received mixed reactions from fans and critics.

Terrance Howard was a side character and didn’t even suit up as War Machine.

Ezra's newest film Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets Of Dumbledore’ is Eyeing $50M+ opening internationally compared to the previous two films in the Wizarding World spinoff series. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald opened to $120M and $115M,( this was pre-Covid). However, the newest installment opening to 50 million internationally is really bad. The movie has received mixed reviews but the reviews for this film are more positive than the previous film.

‘Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets Of Dumbledore’ Eyeing $50M+ In Early Offshore Reveal – International Box Office Preview
    https://deadline.com/2022/04/fantast...ew-1234995958/
    Last edited by Veni; 04-06-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bingo. Hell, there are already likely slated to be reshoots for the usual reasons all blockbuster films have them. Redo the ending so Barry dies at the end sacrificing himself and then have Wally introduced in a subsequent movie as the new Flash.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

No need to reshoot all of Ezra's scene, just add a scene at the end with his body becoming acclimated to all the changes and do a Doctor Who. He morphs into a new Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Bingo. Hell, there are already likely slated to be reshoots for the usual reasons all blockbuster films have them. Redo the ending so Barry dies at the end sacrificing himself and then have Wally introduced in a subsequent movie as the new Flash.
    I see no reason to write off the Barry Allen character just because the actor who plays him happens to be a trainwreck.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-06-2022 at 04:59 PM.

I’ve had no love for this iteration of the character, so I’d be fine with them doing away with him and bringing in Wally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I’ve had no love for this iteration of the character, so I’d be fine with them doing away with him and bringing in Wally.
    Same here.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

As much as I want to see Wally, it will be weird for him to replace Barry in this universe without even sharing the screen with him, let alone being Kid Flash first.

Personally I'd rather see a reboot with a Bronze Age lineup that transitions into a 90's/2000's cast. Let's see that legacy in real time.

It would be poetic justice if Wally replaced Barry because Barry is a mess on the film side given Barry replaced Wally because Didio thought Barry was more suitable for adaptions.
    Real question is if they’ll keep him beyond his current contract which ends this Fall.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The only thing I'm thinking with Wally is they'd probably have to make him black because of Iris, so they can say they've got a black Flash now for added diversity points/optics.