Page 1062 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 6256296210121052105810591060106110621063106410651066107211121162 ... LastLast
Results 15,916 to 15,930 of 20948

Wally is a good option if you want to move on from Ezra Miller. Though they will probably just put The Flash on the side and just focus on Aquaman, Batgirl, Peacemaker and Shazam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow. This guy either needs to do a huge apology and state that he’s seeking help or they just need to replace him asap if he’s going to continue to behave this way.

Would it be possible to have Grant Gustin reshoot all of his scenes?!?
    here me out, The Flash (2022) starring Christopher Plumber as a recasted Barry Allen. Watch the box office sour, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Wally is a good option if you want to move on from Ezra Miller. Though they will probably just put The Flash on the side and just focus on Aquaman, Batgirl, Peacemaker and Shazam.

here me out, The Flash (2022) starring Christopher Plumber as a recasted Barry Allen. Watch the box office sour, lol.
    Doesn't anyone recall Ridley Scott's All the Money in the World? His first choice was Christopher Plummer, then eventually went with Kevin Spacey. After the Spacey scandal broke out, Ridley then reshot all of his scenes with Plummer in a pretty fast pace from what I recall. So, I mean if it was that drastic, the same could be done here with Barry but with a different actor.. Also, with Wally he's not even been referenced has he? If he hasn't it would be an awkward shoehorn in for the character "Hey guys here's the character who we never referenced in JL named Wally going to replace Barry". Sounds jarring and sudden.
    Last edited by CTTT; 04-06-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Replacing Ezra with Grant Gustin may actually generate enough buzz and fan excitement to bring in a huge box office and recoup the loses they would take with the reshoots. As it stands, this thing has potential to be a massive disaster. What have they got to lose?

Just say there was some crazy Speed Force shenanigans and Ezra’s Barry turns into Grant’s Barry when he shows up on Keaton-Batman’s world. Have a scene with Barry in the Speed Force and he sees a bunch of other versions of himself, they meld into one and the result is the Grant Gustin version.

Look up Eric Stoltz Back to the Future reshoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only thing I'm thinking with Wally is they'd probably have to make him black because of Iris, so they can say they've got a black Flash now for added diversity points/optics.
    There’s no doubt that if they brought in Wally it would be the Wallace version.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-06-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Doesn't anyone recall Ridley Scott's All the Money in the World? His first choice was Christopher Plummer, then eventually went with Kevin Spacey. After the Spacey scandal broke out, Ridley then reshot all of his scenes with Plummer in a pretty fast pace from what I recall. So, I mean if it was that drastic, the same could be done here with Barry but with a different actor.. Also, with Wally he's not even been referenced has he? If he hasn't it would be an awkward shoehorn in for the character "Hey guys here's the character who we never referenced in JL named Wally going to replace Barry". Sounds jarring and sudden.
    yeah that was what i was referencing as a joke. Didn't realize i misspelled the name or he died some time ago. Actually just rewatched Knives Out not too long ago.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 04-07-2022 at 11:26 AM.

So we really refusing to call Ezra by their preferred pronouns, huh?

Anyways, it's too late to recast/reshoot their scenes. They are the lead in a major blockbuster, Kevin Spacey was a supporting player in a smaller, cheaper movie. Also, Grant Gustin's acting skills are limited to the CW.

Anyways, The Flash isn't coming out for more than a year. WB should get Miller to seek professional help in the meantime and help turn their act around. Miller can sit out press tours if they want to and have Keaton, Affleck, Sasha Calle and Kiersey Clemmons do them instead. It would suck for the Flash actor to sit out their own movie promotion but it can't be helped.

Astonishing Member

Replacing Ezra with Grant Gustin may actually generate enough buzz and fan excitement to bring in a huge box office and recoup the loses they would take with the reshoots. As it stands, this thing has potential to be a massive disaster. What have they got to lose?

Just say there was some crazy Speed Force shenanigans and Ezra’s Barry turns into Grant’s Barry when he shows up on Keaton-Batman’s world. Have a scene with Barry in the Speed Force and he sees a bunch of other versions of himself, they meld into one and the result is the Grant Gustin version.

Look up Eric Stoltz Back to the Future reshoots.

Even if you assume no CW Flash fans ever watch the DC movies, and that bringing Grant on would somehow magically get every single person who watches the CW Flash to go to spend money to watch him...That's not going to be a huge box office swing. There's less than a million people projected watching CW Flash over the last like 3 seasons. I feel like people overestimate at every level how influential the CW Flash show is. It has less viewership than your average, cookie cutter police procedural.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Even if you assume no CW Flash fans ever watch the DC movies, and that bringing Grant on would somehow magically get every single person who watches the CW Flash to go to spend money to watch him...That's not going to be a huge box office swing. There's less than a million people projected watching CW Flash over the last like 3 seasons. I feel like people overestimate at every level how influential the CW Flash show is. It has less viewership than your average, cookie cutter police procedural.
    I don't think it would be huge, but I do believe that some people who don't watch the Flash on TV would come for the stunt casting alone

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The cult throwing a party about this on twitter is as amusing as ever. They actually believe the new management would bring the Snyderverse back.
    Funny thing is, wasn't Sarnoff one of the people who greenlit the Snyder cut anyway.
    "Who knows why madmen do what they do!"

To be fair, I don't think any of us saw them actually making the Snyder Cut. I didn't believe it was going to happen up til the announcement that it would be a thing and was convinced it would be a critical bomb until it got generally more positive reviews. So, seeing how impossible that happening was, I can kinda see why the Snyder cult thinks they can successfully lobby Warner Brothers to resurrecting it in full. That said, they are missing the context (the only reason the Snyder Cut was made was due to Warner Brothers wanting a perk for HBOMax signups and the unique circumstances the pandemic inflicted on the film industry) and that the Snyderverse series is in quite a mess, between how many actors have left or are in trouble and how far away DC has moved away from the Snyderverse. Heck, even Zack Snyder has said in interviews that he's done with DC.

I suppose stranger things have happened, but I have to agree that I don't see any way forward for a Snyderverse revival. It sucks for people who were invested in the series (I can relate with other film series I liked that got axed before their time), but there is a point where reality must be accepted and one moves on.

In regards to all the trouble Ezra Miller has been creating, I guess I don't see why Warner Brothers can't just recast the Flash in the next movie and leave it at that if Miller can't stay under control or gets into enough legal trouble that forces a retirement. It's been done before.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The funny thing is that could at least made more sense back when they were still trying to pretend that Wallace was the "real" Wally, but now that the actual Wally has been back and as the main Flash to boot, the movie side would just skip him too and bring in Wallace all because OG Wally is a white dude? The comics made sure not to erase Wallace and make him a separate character to stand out on his own but the live-action department would still treat him like he's a racebended version of classic Wally? Decisions like that is why raceswapping can be so unpopular with fans, DC just put themselves into a corner where even after they tried to "fix" the mess they made with New 52 Wally and salvage both that version and bring back the original, the movie division could not care less about that. They would just see Wally West as "we don't need another white Flash".
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-07-2022 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    "Who knows why madmen do what they do!"

To be fair, I don't think any of us saw them actually making the Snyder Cut. I didn't believe it was going to happen up til the announcement that it would be a thing and was convinced it would be a critical bomb until it got generally more positive reviews. So, seeing how impossible that happening was, I can kinda see why the Snyder cult thinks they can successfully lobby Warner Brothers to resurrecting it in full. That said, they are missing the context (the only reason the Snyder Cut was made was due to Warner Brothers wanting a perk for HBOMax signups and the unique circumstances the pandemic inflicted on the film industry) and that the Snyderverse series is in quite a mess, between how many actors have left or are in trouble and how far away DC has moved away from the Snyderverse. Heck, even Zack Snyder has said in interviews that he's done with DC.

I suppose stranger things have happened, but I have to agree that I don't see any way forward for a Snyderverse revival. It sucks for people who were invested in the series (I can relate with other film series I liked that got axed before their time), but there is a point where reality must be accepted and one moves on.

In regards to all the trouble Ezra Miller has been creating, I guess I don't see why Warner Brothers can't just recast the Flash in the next movie and leave it at that if Miller can't stay under control or gets into enough legal trouble that forces a retirement. It's been done before.
    They will never accept reality, they'll keep harassing people and acting like they're somehow being the "good guys" here. It's so disgusting.

I think when all is said and done Miller's fate solely depends on how well The Flash performs. Even if they do think of dropping him, if the movie ends up making some good bank, that's all these executives need to change their mind about him. lol Makes their constant preaching at their audience only that much more laughable.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-07-2022 at 05:19 AM.

They will never accept reality, they'll keep harassing people and acting they're somehow being the "good guys" here. It's so disgusting.

I think when all is said and done Miller's fate solely depends on how well The Flash performs. Even if they do think of dropping him, if the movie ends making some good bank, that's all these executives need to change their mind about him. lol Makes their constant preaching at their audience only that much more laughable.
    Honestly if the Flash movie is a success it will be thanks to Keaton and Sasha Calle who both are the main claims of the movie, so it's very easy to kick out Miller after the movie no matter the results of the movie.

Yeah, I don't think that they are replacing white dude with another white dude. They might go straight to Wallace.

Imagine what the brain surgeons at WB would do to someone like Terry McGinnis in live-action. Futuristic take on Batman who is another straight white male? With an Asian girlfriend and a female black best friend? Oh boy. Watch pseudo-woke Hollywood having a field day with that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-07-2022 at 07:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only thing I'm thinking with Wally is they'd probably have to make him black because of Iris, so they can say they've got a black Flash now for added diversity points/optics.
    The funny thing is that could at least make more sense back when they still wanted Wallace to be the "real" Wally, but now that the actual Wally West has been back and as the main Flash to boot, the movie side would just skip him too and bring in Wallace all because the original Wally is a white dude with red hair? The comics made it a point not to erase Wallace and make him a separate character but the live-action department would still act like he's just a racebended version of classic Wally? Decisions like that is why raceswapping can be so unpopular with fans, DC just put themselves into a corner where even after they tried to "fix" the mess they made with New 52 Wally and salvage both that version and bring back the original, the movie division could not care less about that. They would just see Wally West as "we don't need another white Flash".
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that they are replacing white dude with another white dude. They might go straight to Wallace.
    If they make a Wallace solo Flash movie...****, I have a feeling us Wally fans would end up making the Snyder cult look like the girl scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    If they make a Wallace solo Flash movie...****, I have a feeling us Wally fans would end up making the Snyder cult look like the girl scouts.
    Honestly and I'm not advocating for this, but DC might as well have just kept trying to push Wallace as the "real" Wally if that's what the movie division could decide to do anyway. Kind of makes the efforts to bring back OG Wally and fix all the crap from the New 52 and Heroes in Crisis feel redundant. I mean why go through all the trouble of doing that when the people who own DC would just ignore it altogether because of how OG Wally happens to look like.