Page 1065 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 6556596510151055106110621063106410651066106710681069107511151165 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,975 of 20948
    Mighty Member

That sounds like a cool series.

Isn't that a first for one of the YA projects?

Would like to see them do an animated version of that Superman Smashes the Klan book, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Would like to see them do an animated version of that Superman Smashes the Klan book, too.
    As far as adapting a YA GN? Yeah, I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Superman Smashes the Klan needs to be made into an animated movie! They should include a documentary about the actual historical event.

I highly recommend the Drunk History episode where they talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Superman Smashes the Klan needs to be made into an animated movie! They should include a documentary about the actual historical event.
    The Fatal Five DVD had a couple of mini videos about mental illness and representation, stuff that movie covered, so it would seem likely that a hypothetical film would include something similar on it's subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I highly recommend the Drunk History episode where they talk about it.
    YouTube?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Apparently Jeremy Irons has returned for The Flash too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess they'll milk what they can...not that I mind seeing Irons again.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they're going for a Jackson show let alone basing it off one of the YA GN's.

I wonder if they'll set this in a separate continuity or put this in the movie continuity. I know in the GN Aquaman was very Momoa.
    I guess they'll tie, idk. If Arthur will appear in the Aqualad series, I doubt WB will allow a different actor from Momoa to play Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Flash is a DCEU reunion where everybody got invited except Ray Fisher.

Guess they'll milk what they can...not that I mind seeing Irons again.
    Along with JK Simmons' Gordon and inheriting the broad strokes of Batfleck's DCEU continuity, if Bat-Keaton will get also Irons as his Alfred, bringing him back as Batman to replace Affleck via time travel/multiverse shenanigans will end up being the most over-complicated recast ever.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Along with JK Simmons' Gordon and inheriting the broad strokes of Batfleck's DCEU continuity, if Bat-Keaton will get also Irons as his Alfred, bringing him back as Batman to replace Affleck via time travel/multiverse shenanigans will end up being the most over-complicated recast ever.
    Isn't Irons younger than Keaton as well or at least his contemporary?

I just think they'll say Alfred passed away given Bat-Keaton's age in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess they'll tie, idk. If Arthur will appear in the Aqualad series, I doubt WB will allow a different actor from Momoa to play Aquaman.

The Flash is a DCEU reunion where everybody got invited except Ray Fisher.

There was rumor from like a year ago that everyone dismissed as fake that said Aqualad would be appearing in Aquaman 2 and had a spin-off series in development. Seems like that rumor was on to something
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    There was rumor from like a year ago that everyone dismissed as fake that said Aqualad would be appearing in Aquaman 2 and had a spin-off series in development. Seems like that rumor was on to something
    I think the rumor was that Garth would be in it instead of Jackson, but who knows.

Extraordinary Member

Will Smith's Deadshot Movie Reportedly Still on Backburner at Warner Bros.
    The status of Will Smith's Deadshot movie is up in the air following the actor's Oscars slap of comedian Chris Rock. Will Smith portrayed the DC villain Deadshot in 2016's Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer. The movie introduced fans to Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn and Jared Leto's Joker, with the franchise producing a sequel in James Gunn's The Suicide Squad. Smith didn't return for the film, with initial reports speculating that Idris Elba would takeover the Deadshot role. Elba would eventually go on to play Bloodsport. As the Hollywood spotlight remains on Will Smith for his actions at The Oscars, a new report states Warner Bros. had already pushed the actor's Deadshot solo movie to the back of its DC assembly line.

Rolling Stone reports Warner Bros.' Deadshot movie was already put on the backburner before Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the 94th Academy Awards. The outlet also reports that Smith's $20 million price tag is the main reason why there hasn't been movement on a Deadshot project, with that decision coming down long before this recent controversy. Will Smith has come out with a public apology to Chris Rock, though studios are still being cautious when it comes to collaborating with Smith on future projects.

"Violence in all of its form is poisonous and destructive," the freshly-minted Oscar winner wrote in his apology to Rock. "My behavior at last night's Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally."

His apology adds, "I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness."

A recent poll by Morning Consult shows how public opinion of Smith has dropped significantly following the actor's altercation at The Oscars. According to Morning Consult's report, Smith's favorability rating was just 50 percent — reflective of a 30 percent drop-off from a January 2020 survey.

In addition to the drop in Smith's popularity, two-thirds of respondents to Morning Consult's poll indicated that they found Smith's response to Rock's joke to be inappropriate. One-quarter found the response appropriate, and nine percent didn't know or had no opinion on the matter. Also, 49 percent indicated that Smith should have been removed from the Oscars ceremony while only 36 percent supported him staying. Interestingly, Rock's popularity after the incident sat at around 60 percent. Outside of the popularity drop for Smith, the report had some other interesting data about the incident. Per their report, more Americans were aware of the infamous Oscars slap than most major news events — only Russia's invasion of Ukraine matched information saturation at 88 percent.

Are you bummed to find out the status of Will Smith's Deadshot? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/will-s...on-backburner/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think the rumor was that Garth would be in it instead of Jackson, but who knows.
    A year ago, Aqualad got his own emoji during DC Fandome with the Aquaman movie logo, it led to speculations that he'll be in the sequel.

Perhaps Garth is in Aquaman 2 while Jackson will be introduced in his own series?

I'm surprised they're going for a Jackson show let alone basing it off one of the YA GN's.

I wonder if they'll set this in a separate continuity or put this in the movie continuity. I know in the GN Aquaman was very Momoa.
    I kind of hope separate continuity. Just not feeling the shared universe, so I would like a few more things to separate from it. I know that we got The Batman, Joker, Arrowverse, and whatever universe/s Titans, Stargirl, and Doom Patrol are in, but it's still rather DCEU heavy. I'd like a more 50/50 mix of in and out of universe content, and the YA stuff seems like a good fit for a separate continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Will Smith's Deadshot Movie Reportedly Still on Backburner at Warner Bros.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/will-s...on-backburner/
    I find it oddly hilarious that Leto's unpopular take on Joker has two film appearances now over Will Smith's Deadshot getting one appearance so far.