Page 1078 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 7857897810281068107410751076107710781079108010811082108811281178 ... LastLast
Results 16,156 to 16,170 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lets just remember the "they're aliens" comments when it comes to other alien heroes...like Superman when/if they are racebent.
    Isn't that exactly what was said when the "black Superman" movie was first announced. Or when Starfire was cast in Titans. Or when Zod was black on "Krypton". Or when Sasha Calle was cast as Supergirl. The "they're aliens" comments have been around for quite a while.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-19-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Gal, Levi, everybody in TSS (Gunn won't work with "a-holes").
    Yeah, but Gunn isn't omniscient. He worked with Ezra on Peacemaker

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Attachment 120340

hilarious how this ended up almost as terrible as Fox’s shared Marvel universe and Universal’s Dark Universe. They could probably get Cavill back if they gave him a movie. But really just full reboot at this point.
    lol mess. Yet Henry who had zero...ANYTHING got dumped because they didnt want to put in an effort to salvage the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Isn't that exactly what was said when the "black Superman" movie was first announced. Or when Starfire was cast in Titans. Or when Zod was black on "Krypton". Or when Sasha Calle was cast as Supergirl. The "they're aliens" comments have been around for quite a while now.
    Yes and those who say it about The Wonder Twins should have that energy about Superman/characters who look like ordinary humans.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-19-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Jeez Clark Kent is a white dude, a white alien, a white whatever you wanna call him.thats why he is played by a bunch of white dudes,nuff said.

Saying that, I want a Val zod movie or TV show,he is a great S bearer
    Last edited by SuperX; 04-19-2022 at 04:18 PM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

lol mess. Yet Henry who had zero...ANYTHING got dumped because they didnt want to put in an effort to salvage the character.

Yes and those who say it about The Wonder Twins should have that energy about Superman/characters who look like ordinary humans.

They deserve what they get,can't help someone who doesn't want help
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Someone in the WB execs suite seriously loved Ezra enough to bet their entire shared universe on him. Really explains why they’ve been such a dumpster fire and why Discovery has been signaling that changes are coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh but it's when changing alien characters who originally look even remotely less than pale that was the hypocrisy being referenced here. The casting for the Wonder Twins was called whitewashing on this thread, when the people who say that are the same type of people that always pull the "they are aliens" logic when any character is being changed. On one hand it's fine when Supergirl who has never resembled anything other than a blonde Caucasian girl now looks Latina, on the other hand The Wonder Twins who have never resembled any specific group of people are being whitewashed? If we're to have that same energy, that's not how this is going to work.

Oh but it's when changing alien characters who originally look even remotely less than pale that was the hypocrisy being referenced here. The casting for the Wonder Twins was called whitewashing on this thread, when the people who say that are the same type of people that always pull the "they are aliens" logic when any character is being changed. On one hand it's fine when Supergirl who has never resembled anything other than a blonde Caucasian girl now looks Latina, on the other hand The Wonder Twins who have never resembled any specific group of people are being whitewashed? If we're to have that same energy, that's not how this is going to work.
    You can cast someone black for Starfire and paint them orange.

The Wonder Twins very much looked like they could be Asian for majority of their appearances.

Whitewashing, no matter how one tries to defend "oh you say you cant whitewash but why can you racebend" will never have a valid excuse imo. Whitewashing has been a thing since hollywood started. it still trumps racebending of characters that were created white because it was and is the most popular thing to do. Thats all I'll say on it.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-19-2022 at 04:47 PM.

You can cast someone black for Starfire and paint them orange.

The Wonder Twins very much looked like they could be Asian for majority of their appearances.
    Really? Watching the old cartoon, gun to my head, I can honestly say that I don't know what race they're supposed to look like. Just that they're darker skinned than the rest of the Super Friends. And even then they can easily pass for white still. Just doesn't seem like characters you can race bend, because they didn't really look specifically like any race imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Really? Watching the old cartoon, gun to my head, I can honestly say that I don't know what race they're supposed to look like. Just that they're darker skinned than the rest of the Super Friends. And even then they can easily pass for white still. Just doesn't seem like characters you can race bend, because they didn't really look specifically like any race imo.
    Of course they never given anything specific so I, myself wouldnt say racebent or whitewashed with the casting, just very uninspiring and I was expecting something different. Definitely not the more All American look they've been given in live action.

Given that they tried to diversify the JL in Superfriends, I'd say it wasnt by mistake that they (again, to me) didn't look like the rest of the cast and not outlandishly alien
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-19-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Of course they never given anything specific so I, myself wouldnt say racebent or whitewashed with the casting, just very uninspiring and I was expecting something different. Definitely not the more All American look they've been given in live action.

Given that they tried to diversify the JL in Superfriends, I'd say it wasnt by mistake that they (again, to me) didn't look like the rest of the cast and not outlandishly alien
    That I could see. I mean, I'd have been fine with an Asian casting too. Honestly they have a vague enough look and skin tone you could get someone from any race to look like them close enough. Of course the actors they chose look nothing like them. I'd have definitely cast someone darker skinned and haired for the roles. Like instead of Archie maybe the actress who plays Veronica.

I want comic characters to look like they do in the comic, nuff said. Yeah I said it

Astonishing Member

Isn't that exactly what was said when the "black Superman" movie was first announced. Or when Starfire was cast in Titans. Or when Zod was black on "Krypton". Or when Sasha Calle was cast as Supergirl. The "they're aliens" comments have been around for quite a while.
    Exactly lol, it's the people in support of racebending who constantly yell "they're aliens". They should be as cool with this as they are black Superman.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-19-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I want comic characters to look like they do in the comic, nuff said. Yeah I said it
    Yet we saw folks have ZERO issue defending New Mutants movie Sunspot. Who was nowhere near what he looks like in the comics.

Yet it was a crime against humanity when Black Johnny Storm shows up.

Or a black actress playing Starfire or certain characters from Sandman Universe.

Exactly lol, it's the people in support of racebending who constantly yell "they're aliens". They should be as cool with this as they are black Superman.
    You know they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet we saw folks have ZERO issue defending New Mutants movie Sunspot. Who was nowhere near what he looks like in the comics.

Yet it was a crime against humanity when Black Johnny Storm shows up.

Or a black actress playing Starfire or certain characters from Sandman Universe.

You know they won't.
    I feel sorry for the folks who watched both the Fantastic Four reboot and New Mutants.