Page 1097 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 9759799710471087109310941095109610971098109911001101110711471197 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,455 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Actors get into dumb stuff all the time. You people make a big deal about it because you want it to fit into your anti-DCEU agenda.

The MCU has had a few problems with their personalities. Like, I always found it hypocritical that Marvel fans have never come to terms with the fact that Joss Whedon also directed two Avengers films, or that Scarlet Johnson sued Disney for violating her contract (and that there were issues in films prior as to her payed below her male counterparts). One of their lead actors passed away and the person that replaced them is an anti-vax, transphobe that has already been rumoured to have been let go from the third film.
    Marvel fans have called out that stuff plenty of times. And frankly, "dumb stuff" is funny way of describing a guy who has three times assaulted people. This isn't a DC vs Marvel thing, no matter how much you want it to be.

Actors get into dumb stuff all the time. You people make a big deal about it because you want it to fit into your anti-DCEU agenda.

The MCU has had a few problems with their personalities. Like, I always found it hypocritical that Marvel fans have never come to terms with the fact that Joss Whedon also directed two Avengers films, or that Scarlet Johnson sued Disney for violating her contract (and that there were issues in films prior as to her payed below her male counterparts). One of their lead actors passed away and the person that replaced them is an anti-vax, transphobe that has already been rumoured to have been let go from the third film.
    Seem to recall most Marvel fans, at least that I came across, sided with Johansson when she sued Disney last year.

Ultimate Member

One of their lead actors passed away and the person that replaced them is an anti-vax, transphobe that has already been rumoured to have been let go from the third film.
    Yeah. I hear bad stuff about Ezra Miller or Amber Heard, but there's also bad stuff about Joss Whedon, Letitia Wright and Gina Carano to be found, if I'm out there flipping over rocks looking for the ugly. No company has a monopoly on actors being people who sometimes behave terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel fans have called out that stuff plenty of times. And frankly, "dumb stuff" is funny way of describing a guy who has three times assaulted people. This isn't a DC vs Marvel thing, no matter how much you want it to be.
    Nah, my issue is that people hyper focus on drama involving DC personal and then use it to claim the DCEU is over. Actors have historically had checkered pasts, like Robert Downey Jr. served a year in prison. I've said before that I have no issue with Miller getting replaced and by all means, the people he victimized should lay charges against him. My issue is that historically when it comes to DC "news media" is that a lot of it is fake and people that really hate the DCEU tend to be guilty of spreading the worst disinfo. Like as some posters above me pointed out, the claims that Miller had been replaced was not well sourced and, in hindsight, WB is unlikley to announce a decision before the actual movie drops.

I just see so much fake news in regards to DC media and people making doomsday predictions based off none sense because it fits a bias. (Also, fake news does happen with MCU crew as well, Chris Pratt appears to unfairly maligned as anti-homophobic and I've seen no evidence for this).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

This is a thread about DC adaptations. Literally no one was talking about Marvel actors before you.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah. I hear bad stuff about Ezra Miller or Amber Heard, but there's also bad stuff about Joss Whedon, Letitia Wright and Gina Carano to be found, if I'm out there flipping over rocks looking for the ugly. No company has a monopoly on actors being people who sometimes behave terribly.
    Ezra Miller assaulted several people last month. Amber Heard is in a court case RIGHT NOW. AND this is a DC Films thread, not a Marvel one. Nobody is turning over any rocks.

Letticia Wright was talked about a lot when she was in the news, and her future in the franchise was uncertain with much the same rumors about being replaced as Ezra. For good reason Disney hasn't been using her in any hype for Black Panther 2 just now.

Whedon as well was talked about by people when he was in the news, plus he was fired and hasn't been hired to do anything since, making discussion about him largely pointless (although, yes, there was speculation as to his behavior on the set of the Avengers films at the same time his behavior on his other projects was being talked about.

Gina Carano, who hasn't worked on a Marvel or a DC film so her inclusion here is a bit curious, was also fired from her high profile projects when her unacceptable behavior was made known.

So, yeah, people are talking in the DC movie thread on the DC movie board about the two DC movie actors who are currently having their physical violence exposed and speculating that they might be about to be fired instead of the Marvel and Star Wars actors who either are not currently the subject of current news and/or who have already been fired, I don't see why this is suspicious.

Carano was in Deadpool, though yes, she hasn't been in any MCU or DCEU movie.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-10-2022 at 03:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Ezra Miller assaulted several people last month. Amber Heard is in a court case RIGHT NOW. AND this is a DC Films thread, not a Marvel one. Nobody is turning over any rocks.

Letticia Wright was talked about a lot when she was in the news, and her future in the franchise was uncertain with much the same rumors about being replaced as Ezra. For good reason Disney hasn't been using her in any hype for Black Panther 2 just now.

Whedon as well was talked about by people when he was in the news, plus he was fired and hasn't been hired to do anything since, making discussion about him largely pointless (although, yes, there was speculation as to his behavior on the set of the Avengers films at the same time his behavior on his other projects was being talked about.

Gina Carano, who hasn't worked on a Marvel or a DC film so her inclusion here is a bit curious, was also fired from her high profile projects when her unacceptable behavior was made known.

So, yeah, people are talking in the DC movie thread on the DC movie board about the two DC movie actors who are currently having their physical violence exposed and speculating that they might be about to be fired instead of the Marvel and Star Wars actors who either are not currently the subject of current news and/or who have already been fired, I don't see why this is suspicious.
    They definitely didn't fire Renner after the accusations from his ex, they rehired William Hurt after his sexual assault allegations came out and hired Josh Brolin after he beat up his wide. People definitely look the other way on a lot of stuff.

I also remember when Russell Crowe was getting into fights every other day and hitting people with phones or Tobey Maguire demanding a waitress bark like a seal for a tip, etc. I'm not saying it's okay because it isn't, just that what Miller's done is fairly mild by Hollywood standards.

Maybe I have low standards, but as long as they aren't like a murderer or rapist or something profoundly awful, I feel like it's none of my business and it's between them, the law, the people involved and their own conscience. Honestly, Miller seems really off mentally. This kind of thing sounds like some sort of mental health crisis or drugs or somehow beyond just being a jerk. Hopefully they get the help they need before hurting anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    They definitely didn't fire Renner after the accusations from his ex, they rehired William Hurt after his sexual assault allegations came out and hired Josh Brolin after he beat up his wide. People definitely look the other way on a lot of stuff.

I also remember when Russell Crowe was getting into fights every other day and hitting people with phones or Tobey Maguire demanding a waitress bark like a seal for a tip, etc. I'm not saying it's okay because it isn't, just that what Miller's done is fairly mild by Hollywood standards.

Maybe I have low standards, but as long as they aren't like a murderer or rapist or something profoundly awful, I feel like it's none of my business and it's between them, the law, the people involved and their own conscience. Honestly, Miller seems really off mentally. This kind of thing sounds like some sort of mental health crisis or drugs or somehow beyond just being a jerk. Hopefully they get the help they need before hurting anyone else.
    Thanks for showing everyone here exactly what "turning over rocks" means in this context. Just more support for the arguement that we're talking about what's happening now because it's happening now, and doing so in this thread because it's the relevant thread.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

All the JW drama happened a decade after Avengers came out. Scarlett had issues with the studios and pay. Scarlett is still hppy with Disney and continues to work with them. One of their actors passing away is not a problem.

The little drama that Marvel actors have had is nowhere close to all the drama that DC films have faced with theirs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Thanks for showing everyone here exactly what "turning over rocks" means in this context. Just more support for the arguement that we're talking about what's happening now because it's happening now, and doing so in this thread because it's the relevant thread.
    It's just interesting that people are making a big deal out of one and not the others. I suspect that people's dislike for Miller's portrayal of Barry is the primary factor here and they're just using their bad behavior for justification.

This is a DCEU thread, so yes, more attention is going to be paid to DCEU actors than ones in the MCU.

How is an actor passing away even comparable to a lead actor of a franchise going around attacking random people in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It's just interesting that people are making a big deal out of one and not the others. I suspect that people's dislike for Miller's portrayal of Barry is the primary factor here and they're just using their bad behavior for justification.
    Come back to me after they've been out of the news for assaulting people for, like, 3 months

And not that it matters, but I have no problem with their portrayal of Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    How is an actor passing away even comparable to a lead actor of a franchise going around attacking random people in real life?
    The comedian Mitch Hedberg had a joke that went "Alcoholism is a disease but it is the only disease you can get yelled at for having." Good joke but he left out mental illness. Ezra Miller is suffering a disease and getting yelled at for having it. Your post (The Kid) is not a good example of this, just an opportunity for me to finally say something about it. As a manic depressive it's hard for me to hear he's a bad person for something he can't help at all. Yes, there should be consequences but there should be compassion too.

Being angry with a mentally ill person for acting irrationally and behaving badly is like being mad at a person in a wheelchair for not being able to walk.