Page 1098 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 9859899810481088109410951096109710981099110011011102110811481198 ... LastLast
Results 16,456 to 16,470 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash had another screening with a test audience this Tuesday night. This is the 3rd after the one of March and an internal screening at WB at the end of 2021. The movie showed was still a rough cut with incomplete VFX. The current cut is the same as previous screenings and Ezra is still the lead actor.

Some reports of the audience's reactions:

"Since I’ve talked to people from 3 different FLASH screenings and they’ve verified I think it’s safe to put this out there: as of now, the film runs right around 2 1/2 hours.

Positive. The worst reaction I’ve heard is “It’s pretty good”. Nobody I’ve talked to has disliked it."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...28667094503424

"Not an overwhelmingly positive response but everyone seems to like it. At this point I’ve talked to 6 people who I’ve verified have seen the movie."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...25927601516544

"There was a test screening for The Flash yesterday (for real this time) and I hear it's... ok. I was told it's a 6 or a 7 out of 10. At least in their opinion. Take it as you will."
    https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...21439524040706

"Nothing but praise for Sasha Calle's Kara/Supergirl in The Flash movie"
    https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...14418969497605

"People who always gonna be negative on Flash will always be negative on it no matter what. RPK statement is just neutral / ok as he said it’s not bad and others say it was really good. These are all subjective as hell and we won’t really know entirely until the film releases.

This film is Barry’s film, Barry is the lead. It’s all his story and the message surrounds him. He’s not taken away due to other characters existing. Full on Barry story. However those who may not have liked Barry in ZSJL may not be fond of him. It’s same Barry.

Personally I LOVED ZSJL Barry, and things I’ve heard seem to be they kept the character in line to point of continuity drops with ZSJL. I don’t know wtf there plan is, I don’t know what WBD is doing. But I’m no longer worrying and am excited to see this."
    https://twitter.com/AjepArts/status/1524425843912716288

"Hearing good things about THE FLASH. People really seemed to enjoy it!"
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...93063136825349

"Hearing Sasha Calle kills it as Supergirl in THE FLASH. Really excited to see her take on the character!"
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...13564869939203

"Hearing positive reactions to last night’s screening of The Flash⚡️"
    https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...00070979956736

"I cannot stress this enough, there’s a reason why Sasha Calle beat out more than 400 actresses for the role of Supergirl! The Flash can’t come soon enough ⚡️"
    https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...44493231517697

"My source loves the film and said this was exactly what he wanted/wants from DCEU films"
    https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...06414206128129

"(about Ezra's performance) Great, they said him and Keaton were awesome"
    https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...07356817166336

A bit of DCEU positivity, we need some once in a while.

Also, Ezra's side of the story for the Hawaii's assault:

"New footage of Ezra Miller's arrest reveal Miller telling police they were assaulted at the bar and subjected to anti-semetic treatment by their accuser, which was excluded from prior police and media reports

For reference, the police report says there was an investigation, but makes no reference to Miller's claims. Also, it oddly misgenders them twice despite Ezra specifying they're non-binary multiple times in the body-cam footage

Link to the article/video: https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/11/ezra-...ootage-police/ "
    https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...95817054670848

I'm actually kind of amazed the initial reactions/test screenings seem to be going well.

I'm glad to hear Sasha Calle's Supergirl is being received well, but it just makes me even more curious to see how they end up characterizing her.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm actually kind of amazed the initial reactions/test screenings seem to be going well.

I'm glad to hear Sasha Calle's Supergirl is being received well, but it just makes me even more curious to see how they end up characterizing her.
    From what I recall, with the exception of WW84 that got mixed reactions at the screenings, all the other recent DC movies had positive responses.

Despite the shared universe failed, WB is continuing to produce good DC movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Also, Ezra's side of the story for the Hawaii's assault:

[I]"New footage of Ezra Miller's arrest reveal Miller telling police they were assaulted at the bar and subjected to anti-semetic treatment by their accuser, which was excluded from prior police and media reports
    So, basically the "other side" of the story is: "They're lying; I'm the victim?"

Without any further evidence, that's going to boil down to a "he said/she said," and, if the other reports are true, I find it very hard to believe Miller.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Oh, good grief.

"Zack Snyder Fan Bots Reportedly Rigged Oscars Fan Categories"

I don't see how this poll was worth half the time devoted to it and and the resulting online debate.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Oh, good grief.

I don't see how this poll was worth half the time devoted to it and and the resulting online debate.
    I enjoyed the JL Snyder Cut and Army of the Dead (though they aren't among my top films of the year), but when I saw they won the votes for their respective Oscar categories, I immediately thought it was rigged by bots (like I assume many people did). They're too niche to be massively popular among a general audience. Are we really to believe a moment like Flash entering the Speed Force in the Snyder Cut is more popular than the Avengers Assemble moment from Endgame or the 3 Spider-Men teaming up in No Way Home? And supposedly, the Academy is thinking of doing this popular vote again for next year...

Oh, good grief.

Even the article itself states the evidence of fan rigging isn't conclusive. Either way, people who hated the film arguably made a bigger deal over it than the ones who liked it.

They should just go ahead and release the Flash movie.

I'm sure Keaton and Sasha Calle can handle the press tour. Any questions regarding Erza Miller can be answered with 'I hope their legal troubles are sorted out, they were great on set and we are just waiting for all the facts to come out."

The thing is WB already jumped the gun by firing Johnny Depp. So I think in this scenario they're doing the right thing by not outright firing Erza Miller. New facts could still change how we see the situation.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I'm sure Keaton and Sasha Calle can handle the press tour. Any questions regarding Erza Miller can be answered with 'I hope their legal troubles are sorted out, they were great on set and we are just waiting for all the facts to come out."

The thing is WB already jumped the gun by firing Johnny Depp. So I think in this scenario they're doing the right thing by not outright firing Erza Miller. New facts could still change how we see the situation.
    With Depp, it seems there is as much evidence coming out they were justified in firing him. So far, there appears to be no mitigating circumstances regarding Miller. That could change but I find it doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The comedian Mitch Hedberg had a joke that went "Alcoholism is a disease but it is the only disease you can get yelled at for having." Good joke but he left out mental illness. Ezra Miller is suffering a disease and getting yelled at for having it. Your post (The Kid) is not a good example of this, just an opportunity for me to finally say something about it. As a manic depressive it's hard for me to hear he's a bad person for something he can't help at all. Yes, there should be consequences but there should be compassion too.

Being angry with a mentally ill person for acting irrationally and behaving badly is like being mad at a person in a wheelchair for not being able to walk.
    It's also the only disease that people are comfortable diagnosing from afar and using that diagnosis as an excuse to not treat it or attempt to mitigate its effects.

If your oh so professional diagnosis is correct, then they are still at fault for not taking steps to avoid hurting others

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I enjoyed the JL Snyder Cut and Army of the Dead (though they aren't among my top films of the year), but when I saw they won the votes for their respective Oscar categories, I immediately thought it was rigged by bots (like I assume many people did). They're too niche to be massively popular among a general audience. Are we really to believe a moment like Flash entering the Speed Force in the Snyder Cut is more popular than the Avengers Assemble moment from Endgame or the 3 Spider-Men teaming up in No Way Home?
    I didn't think bots, but my initial thoughts were that the Snyder cult had hijacked the vote for their own agenda. Given how the cult seems to be an expert as manipulating Twitter, I'm not positive they would need to use bots, but it would be completely in character for them to do that, given all the other stunts they've pulled and the level of fanaticism they have to trying to force WB to pander to them and to "prove" that they're not just a fringe minority, that the Snyderverse failed and is over, etc.

Would love to know how the Flash moment even made the cut in the first place and totally agree that Avengers and Spider-Man were "objectively" more cheerworthy. I personally think The Matrix should've won (the movie has more cultural significance than the others do so far and I'd argue is the better-made film, even if I like the MCU and Spider-Man stuff better in general), but I frankly never thought the poll was a good idea in the first place (I know a popular take is that Disney arranged it hoping to get Spider-Man some Oscar attention and it backfired, but I had just assumed that it was pandering to get normal people to tune into what turned out to be a fairly disastrous ceremony). Heck, from one perspective, the Snyder cult hijacking the poll to give Snyder a faux Oscar and no one at the ceremony caring is somehow the response the idea deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    And supposedly, the Academy is thinking of doing this popular vote again for next year...
    Oh, please no.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Even the article itself states the evidence of fan rigging isn't conclusive.
    Sure. I've sometimes poked around Snyder cult Twitter accounts and a lot of them are so repetitive in posts that they read like bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Either way, people who hated the film arguably made a bigger deal over it than the ones who liked it.
    Maybe? I remember how the Snyder cultists were rejoicing that they had given Snyder a real Oscar (despite it just being a poll with no award attached beyond the recognition itself) and how this would force WB to restore the Snyderverse.

Either way, I'm really over the situation. It happened, I doubt the decision will get overturned even if its proven that the cult cheated, and it's not like it'll get the Snyderverse restored or anything.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

The problem with releasing it now is that all the VFX people in Hollywood are way backed up. So the movie is definitely not ready to show yet. These screenings have incomplete VFX and music.

Would love to know how the Flash moment even made the cut in the first place and totally agree that Avengers and Spider-Man were "objectively" more cheerworthy. I personally think The Matrix should've won (the movie has more cultural significance than the others do so far and I'd argue is the better-made film, even if I like the MCU and Spider-Man stuff better in general), but I frankly never thought the poll was a good idea in the first place (I know a popular take is that Disney arranged it hoping to get Spider-Man some Oscar attention and it backfired, but I had just assumed that it was pandering to get normal people to tune into what turned out to be a fairly disastrous ceremony). Heck, from one perspective, the Snyder cult hijacking the poll to give Snyder a faux Oscar and no one at the ceremony caring is somehow the response the idea deserved.
    Before the Will Smith slap happened people were starting to make “Flash entering the speed force” into a meme based on how thoroughly most people didn’t care about it

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Before the Will Smith slap happened people were starting to make “Flash entering the speed force” into a meme based on how thoroughly most people didn’t care about it
    Saw a bit of the meme. Certainly does capture how much of a minority the Snyder cult is.

Reportedly the Academy is standing by its decision and the cult is predictably going on the warpath on Twitter to shut up anyone who dares suggest they used bots to win. While it could be possible that they didn't, the fact that there's evidence that were using bots during the first phase of the Release the Snyder Cut makes it really hard to believe them.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think the characterization may be faithful to Kara's personality. Critics tend to be suckers for bright-eyed, earnest portrayals (with good reason usually).