Page 11 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Ahh I see. Either option works for me! The greedy fan boy in me wants both (movie and tv show lol).
    Never going to happen. Flash is the only hero that is allowed to be both in the movies and in TV.

Ahh I see. Either option works for me! The greedy fan boy in me wants both (movie and tv show lol).
    Yeah, I think a streaming show should come first, help flesh out Jaime's character, his supporting cast, villains etc. to the point where the franchise's fanbase becomes really robust, and then introduce him on the big screen.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hollywood to release 5 huge movies on same day: https://ew.com/movies/2018/08/13/dec-21-movies/

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, I think a streaming show should come first, help flesh out Jaime's character, his supporting cast, villains etc. to the point where the franchise's fanbase becomes really robust, and then introduce him on the big screen.
    Yeah I agree with you. Show the world he has more villains than just the Reach or Black Beetle lol. Plus a movie would be years aways, I want a proper live action Jaime asap haha.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Blue Beetles is being discussed but may go to the streaming service to give them more family friendly content"

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...06867707977728
    Eh they lost me at family friendly. It'll probably be watered down.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

This is swell and rosy in theory but practically... if you just put a person who is right NOW being given her first opportunity next to someone who has been given lots of opportunity in the past to the point where he has gained far more experience than the first person and then say "let the most capable person get the job", what do you THINK will happen?
    No need for caps, I can understand you just fine. Some studios don't mind taking chances and that's how real progress is made, by taking chances and going outside your comfort zone. WB hiring Cathy Yan to direct Birds of Prey is an example for that. Ryan Coogler could also be seen as a good example, since he wasn't hired to direct BP just because he was a black director, but because he had already proven his merit as a filmmaker with Fruitvale Station and Creed. If they offered Jordan Peele to direct a DC or Marvel movie, that would also be based on merit, not just appearance. Great diverse talent is out there, you just gotta find it.

Unless the first person is a magical unicorn with superpowers, she cannot beat a far more experienced person. And it's not her fault as she was denied the same experience in the past due to discrimination. So affirmative action is common sense for actual equality.
    I support the motivation behind affirmative action, especially in countries with past history of racism and slavery, I just don't believe it always tends to lead to the desirable outcome. Artificially-created equality is not real equality, at least not in every situation. For instance, there's much more men in prison than women, the reason being that statistically men tend to be much more prone to violence than women. Do you think we should try to equalize that to make sure there's just as many female inmates as males? There's a hell of a lot more men in construction than women, since men tend to work more dangerous jobs, so should affirmative action be applied there as well? Similarly, there are more female physicians than male, since women generally tend to gravitate more towards medicine than men do. Should the NBA make sure there are as many Hispanic, Native-American, Asian and white basketball players as there are black, etc etc, you get my point. Actual equality should be about everyone being judged on their internal qualities, not their external ones and if that is truly seen as some idealized, unrealistic, naive notion to have about a better society, that's really sad.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-14-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hollywood to release 5 huge movies on same day: https://ew.com/movies/2018/08/13/dec-21-movies/
    I think it's a game of chicken. They all expect the other to move, but no one wants to be the first to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Eh they lost me at family friendly. It'll probably be watered down.
    Blue Beetle is a family friendly hero though. Sure he can have his dark moments/stories but typically his story is usually feel good fun (family friendly). Hope they don't pull a Titans and try to make him edgy...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Blue Beetle is a family friendly hero though. Sure he can have his dark moments/stories but typically his story is usually feel good fun (family friendly). Hope they don't pull a Titans and try to make him edgy...
    Oh... my first BB that (for obvious reasons) I remember was the one that kind of helped start (or rather shine the first light for the heroes onto) the Infinite Crisis; I would rather describe it as gut wrenching than family friendly :-P . That was Ted Kord BB though; the other one became the new BB during the Crisis. Toyed with the idea to get the 3 BB Rebirth volumes; IIRC from the Rebirth starter issue both BBs are present?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow that would be a dream come true! Never in a million years did I think I would ever see a show or movie starring a Hispanic superhero. Fingers crossed.
    There are superhero shows and movies that have latinos/hispanics as leads and co-leads,solo and team shows.

The runaways and aos have latino/ hispanic co-leads and are team shows.

Here some others that are not marvel or dc.
    This is a solo show.
    # Dark Angel (Maxine "Max" Guevara, portrayed by Jessica Alba).

Here some more info below for other shows and movies.
    http://community.comicbookresources....r-movie/page16

Note- i think agents of shield is the best comicbook show out there.
    The marvel shows(mcu and non mcu)on average are better then the dc shows.
    AOS got better and better each season by the way.
    It's a really good show but i think all marvel and dc shows are really good(including iron fist and inhumans)
    Iron fist and inhumans are the weakest mcu shows by the way.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-14-2018 at 01:13 PM.

BANNED

These scoopers better not be toying with me!! Love me some Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Also seems like it's movie related and definitely about Jaime Reyes (not Ted or Dan).
    Does he have a "52" carved in his chest for some reason?

Retired

People unfamiliar with DC, seeing all the characters talked about for movies and TV shows, must be wondering why so many are "Black." Black Adam, Black Manta, Black Mask, Black Beetle, Black Canary, Blackhawk, Black Bison, Black Lightning, Manchester Black, Black Zero. And that's only a small sampling of what DC has in their vault.

I expect it'll probably aim for the same kind of audience as the Stargirl show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    People unfamiliar with DC, seeing all the characters talked about for movies and TV shows, must be wondering why so many are "Black." Black Adam, Black Manta, Black Mask, Black Beetle, Black Canary, Blackhawk, Black Bison, Black Lightning, Manchester Black, Black Zero. And that's only a small sampling of what DC has in their vault.
    Doubt it. Almost all of them would be unknown to people unfamiliar with DC. Hell, I consider myself kind of familiar and don't know Black Zero, Bison or Beetle. And I think Black Mask not either; but I'm not entirely sure. I might have read stories with them and forgotten them afterwards though; all these JSA/JLA crisis meetups did burn through a lot of villains after all.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Doubt it. Almost all of them would be unknown to people unfamiliar with DC. Hell, I consider myself kind of familiar and don't know Black Zero, Bison or Beetle. And I think Black Mask not either; but I'm not entirely sure. I might have read stories with them and forgotten them afterwards though; all these JSA/JLA crisis meetups did burn through a lot of villains after all.
    Black Zero was originally an alien terrorist credited with destroying Krypton, then after the Byrne reboot Black Zero was a terrorist organization on Krypton. Most recently the Black Zero terrorists are an important part of the KRYPTON television series.

Black Bison is a Native American male foe of Firestorm in the comics. But on the fourth season of THE FLASH they gender swapped Black Bison, so she was one of the bus metas.

Black Beetle is a foe of the latest version of Blue Beetle. Hasn't yet appeared in live action, but could if Blue Beetle gets a show. A different Black Beetle appeared on the YOUNG JUSTICE animated show.

Black Mask is a Batman villain. Rumours about the BIRDS OF PREY movie say that Black Mask is going to be the main villain.