Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Amber's contract is done now, so at least WB can recast her now. I don't even mind her still having the role, but if it means the character is reduced to jsut a background character, I'd rather they just get someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Amber's contract is done now, so at least WB can recast her now. I don't even mind her still having the role, but if it means the character is reduced to jsut a background character, I'd rather they just get someone new.
    They should have recast her before they even shot the movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Emilia Clarke?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Emilia Clarke?
    Well, her MCU role will probably be a one-and-done.

Given the precedent with Affleck and Cavill I doubt WB will recast the role even though they should. They’ll likely do something stupid and convoluted instead.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given the precedent with Affleck and Cavill I doubt WB will recast the role even though they should. They’ll likely do something stupid and convoluted instead.
    Just look at what happened with Batwoman.

"Let's not recast but instead wholesale replace the main character with an OC! Except we'll actually recast anyways!"

They should reveal that DCEU Mera is actually Siren posing as Mera. That would be pretty cathartic for Amber Heard haters

Comes across like Hollywood taking the wrong lessons from comic books. If an actor is unavailable or whatever, they now feel they have to conjure an in-universe explanation to justify why the character is gone or played by someone else, even if it throws everything into complete upheaval and it's like...guys, just recast. It's not that big a deal. People accepted Don Cheadle and Mark Ruffalo just fine.

Especially in the case of Mera. I mean, even putting aside the Depp drama and allegations, it's not like Amber Heard is this one-of-a-kind actress who gave an iconic performance. She was fine and looked great in a skin-tight green suit, but there are dozens of actresses out there who could've done the same if not better.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Comes across like Hollywood taking the wrong lessons from comic books. If an actor is unavailable or whatever, they now feel they have to conjure an in-universe explanation to justify why the character is gone or played by someone else, even if it throws everything into complete upheaval and it's like...guys, just recast. It's not that big a deal. People accepted Don Cheadle and Mark Ruffalo just fine.
    Yeah, when Batfleck was originally leaving, I didn't see the need to have a whole movie (Flashpoint) justify introducing a guy that looks different but plays the exact same character. When stories become subordinate to explaining these changes in a ham-fisted way, they suffer.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

My excitement for A2 severely dropped. I enjoyed Amber in the first one, I LOVE Mera as a character and taking away the co-star and just leaving Arthur just isnt as exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    My excitement for A2 severely dropped. I enjoyed Amber in the first one, I LOVE Mera as a character and taking away the co-star and just leaving Arthur just isnt as exciting.
    Guess it's really going to be an outing for the bros if it's just Arthur and Orm for most of the movie against Black Manta.

Maybe more if one of the Aqualads are actually in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess it's really going to be an outing for the bros if it's just Arthur and Orm for most of the movie against Black Manta.

Maybe more if one of the Aqualads are actually in it.
    There’s always Dolphin and Lorena Marquez, Aquagirl.

But really they should just recast Mera. It’s not like anyone will miss Heard’s wooden delivery and lack of chemistry with Momoa. Mera is too important to Arthur’s story to just ignore her.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s always Dolphin and Lorena Marquez, Aquagirl.

But really they should just recast Mera. It’s not like anyone will miss Heard’s wooden delivery and lack of chemistry with Momoa. Mera is too important to Arthur’s story to just ignore her.
    As long as Arthur isn't sleeping with Dolphin...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Maybe Mera will be written off screen like Ray's Cyborg.

Dolphin will be introduced in Aquaman 2 so there could be a new female lead in the next sequel...

WB should consider casting more fan favorite actors in major roles and not just actors that the studio likes. The Marvel cinematic universe is a place that all top stars want to be a part of. It’s like a fun fraternity. John Krasinski is a beloved actor and someone who had been fan cast as Reed Richards. Marvel made it happen.