Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Flash at least doesn't have a failed movie hanging over its head like the GL franchise does.
    Not yet at least. I have less and less faith about The Flash movie, though I guess it did well with test audiences.

Though even if it doesn't do well it will always have the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Do you believe they all will be given that pedestal?
    No but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because WB needed to reboot the movies I guess?
    They don't actually "need" to. Audiences aren't stupid, if they just did a soft reboot and never addressed it, nobody would care. Flashpoint isn't a good story and a terrible idea for the Flash's first theatrical solo effort

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'll be surprised if Flashpoint movie won't do just that.
    Gotta say, I love the endless optimism and positivity on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    They don't actually "need" to. Audiences aren't stupid, if they just did a soft reboot and never addressed it, nobody would care. Flashpoint isn't a good story and a terrible idea for the Flash's first theatrical solo effort
    I mean, I don't think they need to either, but it seems they think it's a convenient enough chance to do it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Michael De Luca & Pam Abdy replace Toby Emmerich to Lead Warner Bros. Film Division

The MGM veterans will run Warners and New Line, while temporarily overseeing DC as David Zaslav searches for a DC chief.

Warner Bros. Discovery’s film studio management structure is taking shape, sources with knowledge of the matter tell The Hollywood Reporter, as the executive team of Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy have reached a deal to run Warners and New Line as soon as Amazon releases them from their contracts at MGM — as soon as next month.

Toby Emmerich, who has been running Warners and New Line since 2017, will exit that role but is expected to get a production deal.

After DeLuca and Abdy depart, their direct reports at MGM will report to Julie Rappaport on an interim basis until Mike Hopkins names a replacement and announces a new structure. That structure is expected to involve an expanded film effort for both MGM, including more wide theatrical releases, and Amazon.

Warner Bros. Discovery chief David Zaslav’s strategy as he shapes the company is to create three verticals, each with its own leadership: Warner Bros.-New Line under DeLuca and Abdy, DC and Animation. DC Films president Walter Hamada will report to DeLuca and Abdy until new leadership is identified and the head of the animation vertical is yet to be named.

Zaslav’s intention is to model Warners after the system that former Disney CEO Bob Iger implemented at Disney, with the verticals reporting directly to him. Zaslav has talked to former Disney studio chairman Alan Horn about serving as an advisor. (In designing the verticals approach for overseeing Warner Bros. Discovery’s film executive structure, Zaslav consulted not only with Horn but with Iger.)

Sorting out DC remains a major challenge for Zaslav. Sources say he has asked Todd Phillips, the multi-hyphenate who created dark 2019 billion-dollar grosser Joker, to do more in the DC universe, potentially acting as an advisor though he will not serve in an executive capacity. A knowledgeable source says Phillips and Zaslav have discovered a rapport, though Phillips is not an expert on the broader DC universe. While at Disney-owned Marvel, chief creative officer Kevin Feige oversees film, television animation and publishing, there has been no single voice guiding DC. (DC chief Hamada oversees the film universe based on the company’s characters, including its HBO Max spinoffs.) DC’s properties are only loosely connected — and sometimes took place in entirely separate universes, such as the Oscar-winning Joker and Matt Reeves’ The Batman, released in March.

As a veteran of both Disney and Warners, Horn has refrained from working out a formal arrangement until Zaslav sets his executive team. Horn did not want to involve himself earlier due to his relationships with various multiple players or potential players in the mix. His return to Warners is something of a full-circle moment as he left Warners in 2011 amidst corporate shuffling there. He then went on to a vastly successful run at Disney. In a similar vein, De Luca was fired as president of production of New Line in 2001, following a string of flops, including the Adam Sandler bomb, Little Nicky, only to return more than 20 years later as head of the film studio.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...os-1235157014/

Luthor movie ripping off American Psycho here we come baby ! (I would actually watch that though)…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"Toby Emmerich, who has been running Warners and New Line since 2017, will exit that role but is expected to get a production deal."

Essentially the same thing that happened to Johns. He "exited" as DC President and they gave him the Stargirl production deal and whatever else he's listed as producer.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Luthor movie ripping off American Psycho here we come baby ! (I would actually watch that though)…
    Zaslav dropping the DCEU for a cheaper Phillips' Black Label DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    "Toby Emmerich, who has been running Warners and New Line since 2017, will exit that role but is expected to get a production deal."

Essentially the same thing that happened to Johns. He "exited" as DC President and they gave him the Stargirl production deal and whatever else he's listed as producer.
    Holy **** you’re right lmao. Definitely a consolation package for sure. Only Hamada left standing now and I expect he’ll get the boot once Zaslov finds his DC guy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So anyone think Ray Fisher might finally get the apology he’s been wanting if Hamada gets the boot next?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Zaslav dropping the DCEU for a cheaper Phillips' Black Label DCEU.
    Phillips would kick ass in a role like that though. Obviously the new regime's motto is "You don't overspend and deliver". Phillips not only delivered with Joker, he overdelivered, so I'm not at all surprised to see his name in the article for a potential advisory role.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So anyone think Ray Fisher might finally get the apology he’s been wanting if Hamada gets the boot next?
    I honestly doubt it because that would basically confirm that everything he said about the previous regime was true and only lead to more negative publicity which WBD clearly doesn't want, especially if Emmerich would get a production deal and still be employed by WBD afterwards. I do think there could be bigger chances for Fisher to come back as Cyborg though. If Hamada is out soon that would seem like a more realistic possibility.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-01-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I honestly doubt it because that would basically confirm that everything he said about the previous regime was true and only lead to more negative publicity which WBD clearly doesn't want. I do think there could be bigger chances for him to come back as Cyborg though. If Hamada is out soon that would seem like a more realistic possibility.
    I don't think he'd come back without an apology and I'm not sure there's much incentive to bring back Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don’t think so. I doubt Zaslov views Cyborg as a big deal, there’s no monetary motivation for them to make an effort to repair that relationship. Ironically without Johns pushing for Cyborg, there’s nobody amongst the higher ups who cares enough about the character. More likely I think they’re going to speed run to CoIE so they can do a hard reboot and get Superman and Batman back in the center of the universe.