Hell, screw the Snyderverse stuff. That was always a longshot even before it became clear Zaslav doesn’t want expensive streaming projects. This bodes ill for some of the newer stuff we were supposed to be getting like Green Lantern. That’s not exactly a property that can be done on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hell, screw the Snyderverse stuff. That was always a longshot even before it became clear Zaslav doesn’t want expensive streaming projects. This bodes ill for some of the newer stuff we were supposed to be getting like Green Lantern. That’s not exactly a property that can be done on the cheap.
    Yeah I don’t think we’re going to be getting CGI heavy DC Max series anymore. GL getting cancelled would suck, that franchise just can’t catch a break. And Young Justice hasn’t been renewed yet either…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So it seems Zaslav is gonna be DC’s Ike Perlmutter? Damn.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    There’s no doubt in my mind they’ll recast now. But it’ll be for Aquaman 3 since it’s too late to recast for this movie.
    I'm not sure about that, I find it more likely that they retire the character and find a different love interest or something. Companies want things to be as quiet as possible and this is just too messy. Amber may be disliked, but I've seen a non-insignificant amout support for her as well. Also, what actress would want to get into this mess? Imagine the backlash if Amber wins her appeal, for example, you'd be remembered for that the rest of your life.

Or the Zatanna show...I dunno about Static or Milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man I hope Static’s movie gets left alone. As for the Green Lantern show, all I can hope for is that it gets reworked into a movie but given what I’ve heard about Zaslav that’s looking unlikely.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I had doubts the Green Lantern show would see the light of day even before Zaslav. The cost to do a proper GL show with an extended cast of Lanterns would be pretty high. Unless they all just kinda jog to the superhero emergency instead of fly and most of the stories are set on earth.

Man I hope Static’s movie gets left alone. As for the Green Lantern show, all I can hope for is that it gets reworked into a movie but given what I’ve heard about Zaslav that’s looking unlikely.
    They would be very stupid to not do the Static movie. But then again this is WB we’re talking about.

To be honest, if the GL show is cancelled, I doubt we’ll lose anything of value. They got Marc Guggenheim of all people involved. It would probably be as crappy as the movie.

To be fair if Zaslav was in charge years ago, the DCEU may not have turned into the mess it did, particularly when it comes to overspending. WB has been criticized for pissing money away for years, especially with their DC movie division. Whether Zaslav is like Perlmutter or not, no sensible boss would let this kind of foolishness go on for so long.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-04-2022 at 03:07 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zatanna was announced as a movie, not a show.

Incredible Member

Zaslav definetly isn't Ike Perlmutter. Perlmutter didn't want movies with female and black leads to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair if Zaslav was in charge years ago, the DCEU may not have turned into the mess it did, particularly when it comes to overspending. WB has been criticized for pissing money away for years, especially with their DC movie division. Whether Zaslav is like Perlmutter or not, no sensible boss would let this kind of foolishness go on for so long.
    Say what you want about the era but WB and Snyder did reach out beyond the Bat/Supes comfort zone for the DCEU. Zaslav seems to be the 'Let's play safe and stick to what works' kinds who will rely heavily on the World's Finest. His obsession for Joker already shows he might want more Gotham based stories as those are mostly street-level without much CGI stuff.

Tho the silver lining could mean more members of the Batfamily will finally get live action movie attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Zaslav definetly isn't Ike Perlmutter. Perlmutter didn't want movies with female and black leads to be made.
    I think they were talking about the financially stingy aspect, which seems to be a trait Zaslav shares with Perlmutter, and what ultimately led to Perlmutter's downfall.

Certain things are already clear. He just axed Ridley Scott’s HBO Max show, so he clearly wasn’t kidding about cutting spending across the board.
    https://twitter.com/luiz_fernando_j/...79886447837187
    TBF that show was average. Ridley Scott has been very mid in the 21st Century, kind of like Sam Raimi after Spider-Man 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Zatanna was announced as a movie, not a show.
    Still feels like it might be on the bubble.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

When it comes to DC movies/shows, everything is on the bubble until I see them on set. They havent been able to be trusted for the past decade