Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Zatanna is all about presentation, honestly after everything the animated films have done with Constantine I expect him to be more visual with his abilities.
    Constantine screwing over Zatanna again ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Have been really liking the current comic series with all three characters working together. Would go for something like that.
    Well, it would help if they could reboot movie Cass...which I guess they can after The Flash movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it would help if they could reboot movie Cass...which I guess they can after The Flash movie.
    Yeah, unless they have something else in mind. On the other hand, weren't the Birds of Prey people forbidden from making an accurate depiction of Cass, which was why they went with a very different characterization?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, unless they have something else in mind. On the other hand, weren't the Birds of Prey people forbidden from making an accurate depiction of Cass, which was why they went with a very different characterization?
    From the writer of the movie:

"She is very different. Mostly it was about… we knew we want to tell this story of these four women kind of coming together," Hodson explained, "As you know, Harley Quinn has never traditionally been a character in the Birds of Prey. It's a weird kind of thing and what we wanted to do is have these four women collide in a strange and unusual way, and Cass kind of became the catalyst for that story. She became the emotional linchpin of it."
    I think they just needed this character and gave her the name Cassandra Cain because.............well, I don't know

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The character of Cass in the movie should have just been a brand new character, a race-bent Misfit (pre-powers or something) or Elle from the Morrison Batman run.

But they needed the name recognition I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The character of Cass in the movie should have just been a brand new character, a race-bent Misfit (pre-powers or something) or Elle from the Morrison Batman run.

Not that name recognition would've helped when she wasn't even Batgirl.

I think there is a bit of negative reaction to "original characters" in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

If that was the thought process I’d argue it backfired. That character was not Cass in anything but name, and I don’t think fans of Cass appreciated that. So fans of Cass didn’t like her and nonfans didn’t care about her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Needs eyes.

Still, I’m happy that they’re introducing the world to Dr. Fate and Hawkman!

They've got the ankh magic and symbolism and the overall look of Fate down...but the lack of eyeholes is still a weird design choice.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Eyes can express so much so it is very weird to leave that out of the design. Makes Fate even colder than he already is.

Where are people getting no eyes from? I can see his eyeholes pretty clearly...they're just much thinner slits and his eyes don't glow

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Where are people getting no eyes from? I can see his eyeholes pretty clearly...they're just much thinner slits and his eyes don't glow
    I think I know what you're talking about but they only seem to be on one side of it, so I think most people think it's an indentation on the helmet and not an actual eyehole.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I know what you're talking about but they only seem to be on one side of it, so I think most people think it's an indentation on the helmet and not an actual eyehole.
    I read that the two sides are different because they are supposed to represent Order and Chaos respectively. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I read that the two sides are different because they are supposed to represent Order and Chaos respectively. I like it.
    Don't know why a Lord of Order would represent Chaos, but...