Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't know why a Lord of Order would represent Chaos, but...
    Because there can't be order without chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Because there can't be order without chaos?
    Yeah, but feels weird a Lord of Order would deliberately reference that.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Production List has Wonder Twins listed as in development/pre-production but as a series now: https://productionlist.com/production/the-wonder-twins/ The list was updated yesterday: https://productionlist.com/productio...n-june-6-2022/

I have no idea what's going on with this project.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    IÂ’m going to be blunt: this take is completely disconnected from reality.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9z4MRJXEAYrlJ7.jpg

ZSJL was one of the least popular new movies on HBO Max despite having zero competition. WW1984 and TSS had more views. BvS had one of the worst second weekend drop offs in history in addition to getting savagely torn to pieces by critics. That shows the audience spread bad word of mouth for the movie. MoS made less profit than Shazam. Snyder has a very vocal but small fanbase. Certainly not enough to justify spending $400 million to make more movies. Snyder is done and heÂ’s not coming back and itÂ’s primarily because he didnÂ’t bring in enough money to justify keeping him. If Zaslav was in charge back then youÂ’d never have even gotten the SC.
    Context is greatly needed, ZSJL was not a new new movie like those and second of all it was 4hrs which requires a big commitment also ZSJL was specifically made for that audience so the fact it even did that well is amazing.

Also not sure where you are getting the MoS made less profit than Shazam from as MoS absolutely slayed on the home video sales and on top that a forbes article from back in the day stated that MoS made it's entire budget back before the film even released through merch, promo tie ins etc

Also BvS made bank despite everything it ended with a very respectable BO number, I am sure from other avenues it also more than made enough (IIRC one of the end of year reports for WB indeed called BvS success)

I think it's unfair to ZS didn't bring any commercial success, he for sure did. But the issue was always gonna be JL and post JL, his post JL idea were frankly awful I think WB sensed that and did what they did so from that POV I understand (if his ideas post JL were good on paper I reckon they don't interfere)

Tbh I don't understand how anyone can defend his post JL ideas I say that as ZS "fan" so in the end I think everyone won, ZS got to release his cut of JL for those fans who wanted it and the rest of DCEU moved on without the weight of dealing with those post JL ideas.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I am not like a diehard Snyder fan but I think equating the success or lack thereof of ZSJL on HBO Max to his overall popularity is misleading as the majority of his fanbase is overseas based where HBO Max is mostly not available, especially at the time of its release. Compare ZSJL on HBO Max to something like his zombie movie that came out on Netflix a couple of months later and was a huge hit as Netflix is pretty much everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Tbh I don't understand how anyone can defend his post JL ideas I say that as ZS "fan" so in the end I think everyone won, ZS got to release his cut of JL for those fans who wanted it and the rest of DCEU moved on without the weight of dealing with those post JL ideas.
    To be fair his "post JL ideas" (I'm assuming you mean the leaked storyboards) were developed before BvS was even completed, they were never set in stone and Snyder gave up on most of the ideas, ZSJL almost completely contradicts those storyboards. No one knows for sure what his plan was, aside from a big fight with Darkseid at the end.

EDIT: Also, I think it does a huge disservice to the effort to release the film by acting like the entire enterprise was to get more Snyder movies. The whole point was honoring Zack's daughter by getting his film released, and when people continue to bring up how the movie was a "failure" because it didn't "restore the Snyderverse," you are dilluding all the good work that was done and the money raised for charity.

In this day and age we tend to look at franchise movies as stepping stones. Composition, editing, acting, effects, the craft itself doesn't seem to matter to a lot of people anymore, what matters to them is how the film connects to past and future installments. It seems difficult for Snyder fans and haters to get out of this headspace when it comes to ZSJL because even from the very beginning that was never the point. If someone creates art that art should be released. I think a lot of people missed that point and focused solely on the movie as if it were a springboard for more Snyder DC movies which it may have been when it was shot in 2016, but that's simply not what the film is. And despite what Snyder has said on a couple streams (to be nice) , he definitely does not want to come back and do more.
    Last edited by James Cameron; 06-07-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

For Warner Bros., a Leadership Change, a Polo Lounge Lunch, and Nagging Questions About DC Films’ Future

De Luca, who worked with Emmerich back in the day at New Line, and Abdy will soon join the company, though in a reduced role; they will oversee Warner Bros. and New Line but will not have control over Warner Bros. Animation and DC Films.

But there might be more on the menu. De Luca and Abdy have told people they expect to have input in what DC does in film and television. However, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav still hopes to find his answer to Kevin Feige, the guru who guided Marvel Studios to big-screen dominance for rival Disney. Zaslav already approached Emma Watts, a veteran Fox and Paramount executive, about the job, but the talks collapsed. Insiders say that no announcement about a DC chief is imminent.

As he navigates the film world, Zaslav has relied extensively on the insight of a constellation of industry players, such as former Disney chief Bob Iger and CAA head Bryan Lourd, polling them about his plans to reshape the studio. He is also in talks with former Disney film chief and Warner Bros. leader Alan Horn about becoming a consultant.

The courtship of Watts means Walter Hamada, the current president of DC Films production, has an uncertain future, even though he remains under contract until 2023. Zaslav believes that DC is an under-utilized asset. He’s frustrated that its cinematic output has been inconsistent and that there hasn’t been sufficient long-term planning in terms of rolling out sequels and follow-ups to popular movies. Supporters of Hamada believe the executive hasn’t received enough credit. Under his leadership, the studio scored massive hits with “Aquaman” and “The Batman,” the latter earning the comic book label’s best reviews since Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight.” They also note that DC has moved more aggressively into multi-platform storytelling, creating spinoff shows out of characters like Peacemaker and Penguin.

Whoever takes over the division will face challenges, including the fate of Superman. Henry Cavill, who played the part in “Man of Steel” and other films, is aging out of the role, and the studio has yet to finalize plans for the Superman film that was being developed with a script from acclaimed author Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Full article: https://variety.com/2022/film/news/w...av-1235286779/

Certainly sounds like that Superman pitch is on the chopping block with Hamada seemingly poised to get pushed out. Rooting for that to happen, takes Supes away from Abrams and Coates please. Just hope Cavill doesn’t manage to come back either, it’s been too long and nothing about him makes me think he’s the guy who should be trusted with another big effort to revitalize Superman again. Heh I wonder if Black Adam is a huge success might that result in The Rock getting control over Superman the way he’s seemingly poised to take charge of the JSA?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Certainly sounds like that Superman pitch is on the chopping block with Hamada seemingly poised to get pushed out. Rooting for that to happen, takes Supes away from Abrams and Coates please. Just hope Cavill doesn’t manage to come back either, it’s been too long and nothing about him makes me think he’s the guy who should be trusted with another big effort to revitalize Superman again. Heh I wonder if Black Adam is a huge success might that result in The Rock getting control over Superman the way he’s seemingly poised to take charge of the JSA?
    I'm not sure I'd trust Johnson with Supes either because he just wants to use him for Black Adam to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Production List has Wonder Twins listed as in development/pre-production but as a series now: https://productionlist.com/production/the-wonder-twins/ The list was updated yesterday: https://productionlist.com/productio...n-june-6-2022/

It's interesting. I think it's more fitting to be a tv show than a movie, hope we can get more news soon.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is there Not already a Supergirl in The Flash, a Batgirl teaming up with Batkeaton and the JSA in Black Adam? It seems WB s future is on the right Track already. Hopefully the Scripts are done well

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Exiled from their home planet, alien heroes Zan and Jayna must navigate life as teens on Earth at South Metropolis High School, where they’re even bigger outsiders than the typical awkward young adults. Under the watchful eye of Superman, the brother and sister pull monitor duty at the Hall of Justice as interns, while also trying to overcome the pitfalls of Zan’s brash confidence and Jayna’s shy but streetwise persona.
    Uh I guess this won’t take place in the DCEU if it happens, because how the hell can Superman be part of this? At first I thought they were just copying a solicit for the Russel mini, but Jayna was definitely not “streetwise” there lol. Does show that the Russel mini is an influence which rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure I'd trust Johnson with Supes either because he just wants to use him for Black Adam to fight.
    That at least would work well with Cavill’s return. Snyder used him to make Batman look good, now Johnson gets to beat him up so Black Adam can look good.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    To be fair his "post JL ideas" (I'm assuming you mean the leaked storyboards) were developed before BvS was even completed, they were never set in stone and Snyder gave up on most of the ideas, ZSJL almost completely contradicts those storyboards. No one knows for sure what his plan was, aside from a big fight with Darkseid at the end.

EDIT: Also, I think it does a huge disservice to the effort to release the film by acting like the entire enterprise was to get more Snyder movies. The whole point was honoring Zack's daughter by getting his film released, and when people continue to bring up how the movie was a "failure" because it didn't "restore the Snyderverse," you are dilluding all the good work that was done and the money raised for charity.
    No the toxic parts of the Synderverse crew made that a moot point when they attracked or threatened various folks including the last Suicide Squad director.

If the focus remained on the charity work instead of edging Ray Fisher and just attacking anything DC related-made that a moot point.

Nobody except that cult was thinking this was going to get more movies.

And Zach didn't help with dangling John Stewart stuff in his version.

Uh I guess this won’t take place in the DCEU if it happens, because how the hell can Superman be part of this? At first I thought they were just copying a solicit for the Russel mini, but Jayna was definitely not “streetwise” there lol. Does show that the Russel mini is an influence which rules.

That at least would work well with Cavill’s return. Snyder used him to make Batman look good, now Johnson gets to beat him up so Black Adam can look good.
    Lmao WHAT? Batman is the villain in BvS. Everything he does in that movie is abhorrent and far from "cool." This is Snyder's own admission and also very clear in the film itself

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No the toxic parts of the Synderverse crew made that a moot point when they attracked or threatened various folks including the last Suicide Squad director.

If the focus remained on the charity work instead of edging Ray Fisher and just attacking anything DC related-made that a moot point.

Nobody except that cult was thinking this was going to get more movies.

And Zach didn't help with dangling John Stewart stuff in his version.
    Sorry, do you have any type of proof or evidence regarding this "attacking" and "threatening?" These are CBMs we're talking about. None of that behavior is exclusive to a single fanbase. They raised over $500k for suicide prevention and that's why the movie got released. For however many moments of threatening behavior you may have witnessed from Snyder "fans" I could point out a dozen more from other fandoms. Talk about moot points, if you don't like his movies just say that. Don't diminish the good effort that was done in support of mental health and suicide prevention. Not a great look.

And again, people may want more films, that doesn't mean the release of ZSJL was for that purpose. Any Snyder fan will tell you that was not the case, and if they don't, they must have been living under a rock or just willfully ignorant.