Batman wasn't a villain, he was just a misguided antagonist up until the third act.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batman wasn't a villain, he was just a misguided antagonist up until the third act.
    He's branding and killing people in the name of justice, he's suffered like hell and has an extremely self centered worldview and paranoia that is exacerbated by the arrival of Superman. Lex may have been the one pulling the strings but up until the Martha scene, Bruce is the villain and only portrayed as villainous aside from the opening scene in Metropolis.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Uh I guess this won’t take place in the DCEU if it happens, because how the hell can Superman be part of this? At first I thought they were just copying a solicit for the Russel mini, but Jayna was definitely not “streetwise” there lol. Does show that the Russel mini is an influence which rules.
    It's the description of Russel's mini. It's used as placeholder synopsis.

Wonder Twins was originally described as part of the DCEU in the DC site: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...ing-to-hbo-max

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    He's branding and killing people in the name of justice, he's suffered like hell and has an extremely self centered worldview and paranoia that is exacerbated by the arrival of Superman. Lex may have been the one pulling the strings but up until the Martha scene, Bruce is the villain and only portrayed as villainous aside from the opening scene in Metropolis.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't care for how Snyder handled/characterized Batman at all (he never would have tried to execute a sentient being) but even with the excessive portrayal I don't think he was an out-and-out villain or meant to be. And if that was Snyder's intention it didn't really come off that way.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    He’s still killing people with guns in ZSJL…
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's the description of Russel's mini. It's used as placeholder synopsis.

Wonder Twins was originally described as part of the DCEU in the DC site: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...ing-to-hbo-max
    I don’t remember Zayna being street smart, what an odd description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't care for how Snyder handled/characterized Batman at all (he never would have tried to execute a sentient being) but even with the excessive portrayal I don't think he was an out-and-out villain or meant to be. And if that was Snyder's intention it didn't really come off that way.
    It clearly was not considering Batman does not face any repercussions for attempting to murder Superman. Gordon is all buddy-buddy with him in ZSJL so Snyder clearly doesn’t think Bruce’s actions up to attempting to murder Supes was all that bad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don’t remember Zayna being street smart, what an odd description.
    idk, it's the official description of the book everywhere though: https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Twins-.../dp/B07P68G3DL

I’m going to be blunt: this take is completely disconnected from reality.

ZSJL was one of the least popular new movies on HBO Max despite having zero competition. WW1984 and TSS had more views. BvS had one of the worst second weekend drop offs in history in addition to getting savagely torn to pieces by critics. That shows the audience spread bad word of mouth for the movie. MoS made less profit than Shazam. Snyder has a very vocal but small fanbase. Certainly not enough to justify spending $400 million to make more movies. Snyder is done and he’s not coming back and it’s primarily because he didn’t bring in enough money to justify keeping him. If Zaslav was in charge back then you’d never have even gotten the SC.
    Thank you. I'm glad you said all this.

The Snyder Cut wouldn't even exist if Zazlav was in charge. That dude is all about safe movies for theaters and is cutting all the straight to HBO Max films right now trying to save money. The idea that he'd be some big pusher of the Snyder Cut is pure copium

I'm also with you when it comes to Snyder's mass appeal. BvS would have been an easy billion dollar film if it was received well by the public but the box office tanked due to terrible WoM after the opening weekend and as said, there's nothing that suggests ZSJL was a monster hit that makes it worth building around again.

The reality is that if Snyder was guaranteed money, he'd be back. Hollywood only cares about money at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Thank you. I'm glad you said all this.

The Snyder Cut wouldn't even exist if Zazlav was in charge. That dude is all about safe movies for theaters and is cutting all the straight to HBO Max films right now trying to save money. The idea that he'd be some big pusher of the Snyder Cut is pure copium

I'm also with you when it comes to Snyder's mass appeal. BvS would have been an easy billion dollar film if it was received well by the public but the box office tanked due to terrible WoM after the opening weekend and as said, there's nothing that suggests ZSJL was a monster hit that makes it worth building around again.

The reality is that if Snyder was guaranteed money, he'd be back. Hollywood only cares about money at the end of the day.
    I mean, ZSJL was incredibly successful. You're not acknowledging that he probably just doesn't want to come back. The film is out and he has washed his hands of it. For some reason it doesn't fit people's narratives that Zack isn't desperate to make DC movies again despite massive success, but it's the truth

also, the Snyder Cut has existed since 2017...
    Last edited by James Cameron; 06-07-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well, that sums it up pretty well .

Extraordinary Member

I'm still not comfortable having a character who wiped out an entire country being a "hero" in his own movie. That said, I'll never be comfortable with a statutory rapist like Deathstroke being as popular as he is, either.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm still not comfortable having a character who wiped out an entire country being a "hero" in his own movie. That said, I'll never be comfortable with a statutory rapist like Deathstroke being as popular as he is, either.
    He didn't wipe out a country, if it's the 52 storyline you're referring to. That didn't/hasn't happened in the movies.
    As for a previous discretion that landed him imprisoned, that could be blamed on the Seven Deadly Sins.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    He didn't wipe out a country, if it's the 52 storyline you're referring to. That didn't/hasn't happened in the movies.
    As for a previous discretion that landed him imprisoned, that could be blamed on the Seven Deadly Sins.
    https://www.cbr.com/black-adams-15-most-brutal-kills/
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    But he's the one who released the Sins. It's possible he didn't know how badly it would go after releasing them, but he's still responsible.

He was a failed champion for a reason.