The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    My problem is DC often attempts to gloss over past atrocities and rebrand them as heroes. That just won't ever fly with me with these two. If this were another genre than superhero fiction perhaps, but not in a genre like this.
    Character is not even created,yet.There is no continuity.Black adam is a blank slate.Atrocites can be commited by the so called "heroes" or "good guys" that espouse mighty ideals as well(even more so from persepective) by simply not being able to back it up for starters.Superhero genre is just a subset of fantasy/action genre(scifi/action if you choose superman ac#1 as start of genre) nothing more or less.I prefer characters that take a laid back approach to "moral superiority" or "heroism" business..You know, sit on a cloud somewhere and not judging people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless they don't even bother to address the Justice League's existence in this movie.
    League exists?we only have an aquaman and a wonder woman...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-08-2022 at 12:56 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

MCU even does this in-universe .
    And I have a problem with it there, too (see Loki).

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Character is not even created,yet.There is no continuity.Black adam is a blank slate.
    But the character from the comics that the movie is based upon isn't. And isn't that where the movie draws it's inspiration?
    Last edited by phonogram12; 06-08-2022 at 12:53 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean, he's not an entire blank slate in-universe since we know he was a failed champion that released the Seven Deadly Sins that ravaged the world and it was so bad the Wizard spent centuries trying to find someone worthy to be champion.

Incredible Member

EXCLUSIVE: Ezra Miller
    PARENTS SAY ACTOR'S TAKEN CONTROL OF THEIR DAUGHTER ...
    Ask Court for Protective Order

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/06/08/ezra-...ata-iron-eyes/

I'm being told that the villains in Black Adam are Intergang, this confirmed?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm being told that the villains in Black Adam are Intergang, this confirmed?
    Them and Sabaac yeah
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    so does that mean if a superman ever shows up he is gonna be jsa-er..not justice league?

on "this" earth superman could be on the JSA
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Them and Sabaac yeah
    I think it was rumored Eclipso would be in it too since his diamond was in the FanDome teaser, but that might have changed.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I guess it's kind of hard to avoid Dr. Strange comparisons with Dr. Fate.
    They just made it even harder with that choice. He should be making shapes with light and other distinct visuals.

Joker is getting an unneeded sequel
    Black Adam looks generic as hell

Doesn't look like there's much to be excited about on the DC side
    Maybe Flash and Aquaman 2 can be good but everything on the horizon looks meh

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Joker is getting an unneeded sequel
    Black Adam looks generic as hell

Doesn't look like there's much to be excited about on the DC side
    Maybe Flash and Aquaman 2 can be good but everything on the horizon looks meh
    To each their own - Joker getting a sequel is one of the best things to be announced this year, and Black Adam looks like good dumb fun. I'm feeling what DC's dealing rn.

Extraordinary Member

Black Adam trailer looked...like product. It's there, it's not too terrible, and it promises nothing new or exciting That bit with the soldiers shooting at Adam to no effect as he slowly floats up might have been wonderful...20 years ago, but now, been there, done that. At this point, Atom Smasher looks like discount Ant Man/Giant Man, only not nearly as good. Bond's Dr. Fate seems just...less interesting than Dr. Strange as played by Cumberbatch, at least in his narration and brief bits on screen. Dwayne....looks like he does in every other role. You know what you're getting, and if you still want to see The Rock do his thing, I suppose it's okay.

Just nothing there to excite me, just another generic superhero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Black Adam trailer looked...like product. It's there, it's not too terrible, and it promises nothing new or exciting That bit with the soldiers shooting at Adam to no effect as he slowly floats up might have been wonderful...20 years ago, but now, been there, done that. At this point, Atom Smasher looks like discount Ant Man/Giant Man, only not nearly as good. Bond's Dr. Fate seems just...less interesting than Dr. Strange as played by Cumberbatch, at least in his narration and brief bits on screen. Dwayne....looks like he does in every other role. You know what you're getting, and if you still want to see The Rock do his thing, I suppose it's okay.

Just nothing there to excite me, just another generic superhero movie.
    I feel like the actual movie and execution will make the obvious differences between the two more obvious.

Atom-Smasher's literal gimmick is being giant so he'll probably do more than Giant-Man has done in the movies.

Dr. Fate is more of an elder statesemen than Dr. Strange, we've barely seen him do his magic, and there's also Nabu to consider.

I guess short of Adam going full on excessive and gory violence ala The Boys he might not stand out as much.

By the way, did anyone else notice the easter egg to a certain character from the Legion of Super-Heroes who also has been a member of the Justice Society in the trailer? I don't think I was the only one who saw it
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I mean, he's not an entire blank slate in-universe since we know he was a failed champion that released the Seven Deadly Sins that ravaged the world and it was so bad the Wizard spent centuries trying to find someone worthy to be champion.
    Until story hit theatres..we really don't know much.Failed champion is still a champion..From the trailer i can tell you i will take a failed champion over "savior or destroyer"
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    But the character from the comics that the movie is based upon isn't. And isn't that where the movie draws it's inspiration?
    Which Character or characters in comics?which continuity?which writer?which run?ip has gone through reboots and changes in characterisations..Comics have ips..black adam or any other western superhero book ips can not be taken as characters.Stories have characters.Each story in creates new version of ip as characters , that's how comics works.There are multiple characters of same ip.This is new version.

Edit-can't deny that.The movie does look like dumb fun anf generic..But,i get a kick out of "i ain't kneeling to no one,no more".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-08-2022 at 09:43 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"