Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Variety article from yesterday took a potshot at Cavill's age

It also confirms that Walter Hamada's days as President of DC Films is numbered, as Zaslav has started approaching potential replacements:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/w...av-1235286779/
    Is Cavill that old? He's just 39.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Actually that horror Aquaman spin-off was going to be a stealth Black Manta movie. Learning that, kind of sad it got scrapped. Could've been pretty cool.
    If they had said Black Manta, I would have been all for it. We need more Villains movies besides Faux Joker...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Exactly, he's only got one more year left of bankablity left!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Exactly, he's only got one more year left of bankablity left!
    Um, With Harrison Ford still playing Indy at 80, I think we got a lot of Cavill left! I can't wait to see him in Kingdom Come!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    If they had said Black Manta, I would have been all for it. We need more Villains movies besides Faux Joker...
    Yeah, but it was all stealth. I guess they were planning to surprise us with the first teaser or something, I don't know. But it was cancelled so they said what it really was. Which...just damn. Didn't care a bit before, but learning that, I'm like, a villain starring in a horror movie is one of the few good villain movie ideas out there.

Unless it turns out like Morbius...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Last I checked, Aquaman 2 had positive reactions, it was good but not great, as the 1st movie. Didn't heard anything about this 2nd screening from trusted sources.
    Ah I only saw the reactions describing it as mediocre. Here’s the compilation.

Here’s something fun: Mera had MORE screen time in the last testing. WB trying to see if people are actually going to be turnt off because of the trial perhaps?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Um, With Harrison Ford still playing Indy at 80, I think we got a lot of Cavill left! I can't wait to see him in Kingdom Come!
    Two things. First, the implies a joke. Nobody really believes that you're out by 40 in Hollywood.
    Second, Harrison Ford has talent. Cavill was a mediocre Superman in a divisive 3 and a half movies (counting both JL films as one and a half). I've been hoping that they would recast for years now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Here’s something fun: Mera had MORE screen time in the last testing. WB trying to see if people are actually going to be turnt off because of the trial perhaps?
    If I were Heard, they cut amy scenes out and the movie crashed anyway, I'd be laughing my ass off (which I imagine is what Depp did with the HP movie, though in that case the movie he appeared in wasn't that well received anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No. Pattinson is 37 I think. The Rock is 50. It’s entirely about money I’d wager, but these trades are PR for the studios so they’re going to run the official studio line.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Never heard of this account (Undercover Audience). It seems from an Amber-hater, lol.

Btw, I don't think Amber will be cut from the final movie or her role being reduced. Mera is a key character in Aquaman 2 spoilers:
    I mean she delivers Aquababy, the MacGuffin of the movie
    end of spoilers. but I don't expect to see her in the promo material.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-09-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Never heard of this account (Undercover Audience). It seems from an Amber-hater, lol.

Btw, I don't think Amber will be cut from the final movie or her role being reduced. Mera is a key character in Aquaman 2 spoilers:
    Personally, I don't care if she's in it. As long as she isn't a raving hater or killer, who cares about her personal life. Sure she is wacko but she isn't hurting anyone except herself. I just want a good movie...

Personally, I don't care if she's in it. As long as she isn't a raving hater or killer, who cares about her personal life. Sure she is wacko but she isn't hurting anyone except herself. I just want a good movie...
    I feel the same. I won't skip the movie if she is in it.

spoilers:
    It’s Arthur Jr. right? Funny how the comics side killed him off and replaced him with Andy and now they can’t synergize lol.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It’s Arthur Jr. right? Funny how the comics side killed him off and replaced him with Andy and now they can’t synergize lol.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Arthur Jr. yes. I don't know his fate in the movie though. If he dies, DC will get the synergy

All I heard is that Arthur Jr. is needed by Black Manta (possessed by the King of the Lost Kingdom of the movie title) to unlock magic shit to restore the "Lost Kingdom"
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-09-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Is the kid supposed to be a major character? I thought he was an extra.
    There is the possibility than the boy would be the brother of Isis, Amon Tommaz aka Osiris.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin