Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    My only issue is that she's pro IDF and that makes me more critical of her acting -- which most of the time is pretty wooden and bland
    In Israel when you turn 18, every male and female has to join the IDF for 2 years. After 2 years they can leave if they want. Israel is one of the few countries which has mandatory military service so it is not surprising that she is pro-IDF.
    Last edited by Veni; 06-15-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I thought Gadot's acting in the movie was one of the positive points of the movie, but to each their own.

I don't think all DC Movies have those faults though.
    Not all DC movies, just most of them. Off hand, Joker's about the one I can think of that doesn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Because reshooting a film because of one actor is by no means an easy task and akin to censorship? At this point it would just be easier for WB to cut their losses and put out the movie, at least it will make some money, then they can go from there. Why go through the hassle of potentially making the film even more unwatchable? I don't know a single person who cared about this movie even before the Miller stuff. It's clearly not a Flash movie if there are two Batmans and a Supergirl so if they just put it out without a crazy rollout or anything it will go forgotten and they can focus on the future
    Censorship? Where do you get that? Reshoots happen all the time, sometimes in the best movies. Actors sometimes don't work out. That isn't censorship; it's just adjusting a project on the fly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    In Israel when you turn 18, every male and female has to join the IDF for 2 years. After 2 years they can leave if they want. Israel is one of the few countries which has mandatory military service so it is not surprising that she is pro-IDF.
    Finland too, IIRC, though only for males. Ditto Switzerland I think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Finland too, IIRC, though only for males. Ditto Switzerland I think.
    Greece and Austria also have mandatory military service. For Greece, it is because of access to the Mediterrane sea, the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974 and the subsequent division of the island, and other disputes with Türkiye.
    Last edited by Veni; 06-15-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Greece and Austria also have mandatory military service. For Greece, it is because of access to the Mediterrane sea, the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974 and the subsequent division of the island, and other disputes with Türkiye.
    FTFY
    Apparently it's Türkiye now. Now I just need to learn the ASCI so I can type a Umlaut...LOL. ü (apparently, it's ALT-0252 on Keypad)

(Edited because didn't mean to quote)

Eh, reboot, don't, I honestly don't care. The only films I'm looking forward to are Joker 2 and The Batman 2, and those are out of universe anyways. The only thing in universe I'm looking forward to is Peacemaker's second season. And the only thing I'm cautiously optimistic about is the return of Keaton's Batman, Affleck's final act as Batman, and Batgirl. Considering that the Keaton and Batgirl films are, well, filmed, that means that there's really nothing keeping me engaged in the DCEU continuing. On the other hand, I also don't care if it does keep rolling for a bit. Every now and then it produces something cool like BOP or Peacemaker.

Just for the love of God don't try to do something lame like hitching a new universe onto The Batman's.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 06-15-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Not all DC movies, just most of them. Off hand, Joker's about the one I can think of that doesn't.
    I mean, Aquaman, Shazam, the original WW, The Batman, and The Suicide Squad buck some of the trends you mention in my opinion.

I was mainly referring to her statement about it last summer which I found to be in poor taste. I liked this response in particular:
    https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/s...75552175869955

And I'm not trying to make an argument that nobody should like her because of this--I understand that someone's politics doesn't completely inform their cinematic portrayals, it's just my personal opinion. I don't care to watch her movies. I was noticing when looking back at BvS and ZSJL that I really don't find her to be a great actress, and that could be because of my biases or just the truth.
    Last edited by James Cameron; 06-15-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Censorship? Where do you get that? Reshoots happen all the time, sometimes in the best movies. Actors sometimes don't work out. That isn't censorship; it's just adjusting a project on the fly.
    Of course you are right. I'm just a sucker for art being released in its most original form. Clearly the movie was built around Ezra Miller, and even though he is not literally Barry Allen that doesn't mean you're not sacrificing some of the art and the impact of some scenes by replacing him. I think the Flash should be released in its purest form, because I feel that when something is completed it should be left alone. Of course, that's not how movies are made nowadays, so I understand that I'm in the minority.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with The Flash. He's irredeemable at this point so he's gotta go. Do they do extensive reshoots or just shelve it? The latter seems unrealistic, but if the rumors are true that Zaslav wants to go back to Cavill, it sounds like it might be easier if the leaks are true and Superman is retconned out of existence. Reshooting with a new actor isn't unheard of, but reshooting the lead - especially since Ezra plays multiple versions of Barry - seems like a massive, expensive move and we know Zaslav isn't looking to spend more money.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    It will be very interesting to see what happens with The Flash. He's irredeemable at this point so he's gotta go. Do they do extensive reshoots or just shelve it? The latter seems unrealistic, but if the rumors are true that Zaslav wants to go back to Cavill, it sounds like it might be easier if the leaks are true and Superman is retconned out of existence. Reshooting with a new actor isn't unheard of, but reshooting the lead - especially since Ezra plays multiple versions of Barry - seems like a massive, expensive move and we know Zaslav isn't looking to spend more money.
    Does Zaslav really want Cavill back? All I've heard is he thinks more should be done with the Superman IP, that doesn't necessarily mean Cavill's take.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Does Zaslav really want Cavill back? All I've heard is he thinks more should be done with the Superman IP, that doesn't necessarily mean Cavill's take.
    There are reports that he wants Cavill back, but I don't know how true it is.

I hope not. Personally I just want them to recast and move on, but we'll see I guess.

As for The Flash movie, I think that the only thing they can do is release it and hope for the best.

Extraordinary Member

There are always reports unless he makes an announcement I don’t belive it