The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I was mainly referring to her statement about it last summer which I found to be in poor taste. I liked this response in particular:
    https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/s...75552175869955

And I'm not trying to make an argument that nobody should like her because of this--I understand that someone's politics doesn't completely inform their cinematic portrayals, it's just my personal opinion. I don't care to watch her movies. I was noticing when looking back at BvS and ZSJL that I really don't find her to be a great actress, and that could be because of my biases or just the truth.
    she might not be a great actress.This fanatical,dogmatic and almost religious method of viewing politics is something i find stupid.I found nothing distasteful in that message or tweet.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That's from more than a year back. Gadot is great at recovery as she has shown with joking about her Imagine video recently. She's fine. It's the Wonder Woman franchise's reputation that I worry about after WW84, but hopefully a strong appearance in Fury of the Gods reinstates Diana's popularity to close to what it was before the film. I think ZSJL helped a bit as well.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WorldofGeekdom posted a detailed summary of The Flash aka Man of Steel: What If? aka DCEU Flashpoint gathering infos from his sources that went to the test screening for the movie. Major spoilers alert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ-TxmsbT0s

I mentioned in the past (for the Shazam 2 video leak, I think), the Youtuber posted accurate summaries for GvK, Matrix 4 and other recent movies.

The Flash summary overall match with the plot that insiders got after March's screening except for the resolution of the 3rd act being more complex than the one described in the video linked above. Well, gathering second-hand infos lead to details being lost in translation. It's also possible that in the last screening (in May), WB tested a version of the movie with a slight different 3rd act. I doubt that. But whatever.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-16-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Aquaman, Shazam, the original WW, The Batman, and The Suicide Squad buck some of the trends you mention in my opinion.
    Didn't see Aquaman, Shazam was fun but formulaic, offering nothing new, and another Strong paycheck, the original WW was objectively terrible in nearly every way. One really nice scene, ruined by the rest of the movie. Gadot is a terrible actress, though very pretty, Pine acted like he was trying to channel Captain Kirk on a three day bender, with CW level acting, Princess Buttercup I kept confusing with the other one. Terrible villians with constantly changing motives that made no sense and contradicted each other. And ripping off Cap.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Didn't see Aquaman, Shazam was fun but formulaic, offering nothing new, and another Strong paycheck, the original WW was objectively terrible in nearly every way. One really nice scene, ruined by the rest of the movie. Gadot is a terrible actress, though very pretty, Pine acted like he was trying to channel Captain Kirk on a three day bender, with CW level acting, Princess Buttercup I kept confusing with the other one. Terrible villians with constantly changing motives that made no sense and contradicted each other. And ripping off Cap.
    You are not using the word "objectively" correctly considering the first WW movie was overall very well received. That straight up doesn't happen with objectively terrible movies

I was mainly referring to her statement about it last summer which I found to be in poor taste. I liked this response in particular:
    https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/s...75552175869955

And I'm not trying to make an argument that nobody should like her because of this--I understand that someone's politics doesn't completely inform their cinematic portrayals, it's just my personal opinion. I don't care to watch her movies. I was noticing when looking back at BvS and ZSJL that I really don't find her to be a great actress, and that could be because of my biases or just the truth.
    The issue here is that people act super sussy in regards to Gadot's national identity, like there was a review for 1984 that said they were "uncomfortable" she shared the screen with an Arab character...I know people think that when they live under bad regimes that they will be the first to object and suffer the consequences for that, but no, most people won't and they shouldn't be required too.

Also, I'm gonna do it! Let's play the double standards game!

In January 2014, Oxfam (its a global charity) accepted the resignation of Scarlett Johansson, a Jewish-American actress, as ambassador for that organisation, a role she had held for eight years, after she became a brand ambassador for SodaStream. Oxfam has stated that "businesses, such as SodaStream, that operate in settlements further the ongoing poverty and denial of rights of the Palestinian communities that we work to support" and opposes all trade with the settlements citing their illegality under international law. Johansson reportedly resigned because of "a fundamental difference of opinion in regards to the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement". In her statement she described SodaStream as "not only committed to the environment but to building a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbours working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights". SodaStream CEO Daniel Birnbaum also accused Oxfam of supporting the BDS movement against Israel as a whole, a charge Oxfam denied, saying that "this is about trade from the settlements" and specific to settlements outside Israel's pre-1967 border, which Oxfam states, due to their location, pose an obstacle to any future two-state solution.
    Weird that Gadot gets smack-talked a lot for being, essentially being born Israeli and Johanson literally chose to be a spokesperson for a company that is responsible for the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and she gets a pass.

I am using Wikipedia as a source btw; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SodaStream#Controversy
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't think we've see an approach to a kid Superhero like Shazam did and I think you're kind of in the minority on your opinions on WW.

I agree with you that they could've done better by Mark Strong/Sivana.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The issue here is that people act super sussy in regards to Gadot's national identity, like there was a review for 1984 that said they were "uncomfortable" she shared the screen with an Arab character...I know people think that when they live under bad regimes that they will be the first to object and suffer the consequences for that, but no, most people won't and they shouldn't be required too.

Weird that Gadot gets smack-talked a lot for being, essentially being born Israeli and Johanson literally chose to be a spokesperson for a company that is responsible for the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and she gets a pass.

I am using Wikipedia as a source btw; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SodaStream#Controversy
    Both are trash in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think her or Momoa are master thespians, but they've got a lot of presence. They have that kind of quality that you can teach someone, you know? A kind of magnetism on screen.
    Brandon Routh has that magnetism too that is why he can play Superman in his sleep and Henry Cavil can't no matter how hard he tries he comes across to me cold and distant at best, or bland/forgettable in everything he's done and the only time he works for me is when he's playing a villain like in M:I Fallout or a support role like in Enola Holmes other than that put him next Sam Worthington in generic forgettable action heroes whose 15 minutes are up.

If you want a great Superman/Clark Kent go with Brandon Routh if given a great script and director who knows Superman he could be the heir to Christopher Reeve.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    You are not using the word "objectively" correctly considering the first WW movie was overall very well received. That straight up doesn't happen with objectively terrible movies
    Just one of those words internet culture has taken and ruined any meaning of. Like "epic", "destroyed", "cringe", "literally", etc.

Both are trash in my opinion
    Just to clarify, that wasn't an attack against you personally, but an attack against the "discourse". I didn't even know Scarlett Johansson was that entrenched in the exploitation of Palestinians until I looked it up after remembering her Soda Stream gig. Scarlett Johansson might be the most immoral actor alive tbh.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

She got plenty of flack for that.

Are we still trying to turn this into a DC vs. Marvel thing? Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    There are reports that he wants Cavill back, but I don't know how true it is.

The report was actually out of context clickbait that claimed he wants Cavill back, when in the actual article it's just a quote from an "anonymous WB employee" saying Zaslav should get Cavill back.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The report was actually out of context clickbait that claimed he wants Cavill back, when in the actual article it's just a quote from an "anonymous WB employee" saying Zaslav should get Cavill back.
    Ahh. Of course.

Well, if the reports are true that he wants to focus on Superman, regardless of who is playing him, the movie retconning Superman seems like it's problematic. I think we haven't even reached the crescendo on Ezra. At this point, they are probably going to be in prison by the time the movie is ready for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    She got plenty of flack for that.
    I don't think she got anywhere near as much flack as Gadot singing that song. I did some more research and Scarlett Johansson was interviewed and its like a dark comedy what she says;

The fact that the UN, the Red Cross and the International Court of Justice also agree that the SodaStream factory is in contravention of international law did not sway her, she added. "Sure, I think that's the way you can look at it. But I also think for a non-governmental organisation to be supporting something that's supporting a political cause … something feels not right about that to me. There's plenty of evidence that Oxfam does support and has funded a BDS [boycott, divest, sanctions] movement in the past. It's something that can't really be denied." Speaking to the Observer, Oxfam denied this allegation.
    Source; https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...odastream-deal

How has Scarlet "International law is just a Suggestion" Johansson managed to evade this question again, especially after Amnesty International report on Israeli Apartheid!? Why was this memory holed, but people are still pissed off at Gal Gadot for a failed publicity stunt?