Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Except they gave Renner a show right after the thing with his wife. James Gunn gets fired for some bad jokes from a million years ago, but they give a rapist like William Hurt a pass? Nah, it's just because people made a stink about Carano and Gunn online or Disney wouldn't have cared.
    I don't know why you and other folks on this thread are trying to turn this into a Marvel vs DC thing. Hollywood is full of clueless celebs and people who keep getting paid millions despite the awful shit they've said or have done. Does Sean Penn ring a bell? How about Stanley Kubrik mentally torturing the actress who played the mom in 'The Shining'? Or George Lucas suggesting that Marion being 11 when she had a romance with the much older Indiana Jones because if she is 15 or 16 'it wouldn't be interesting' in his words? Harvey Weinstein is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Hollywood.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Why not recast? It isn't like doing that with the lead actor when the movie is almost complete hasn't happened. Remember Marty McFly?
    The problem is that Ezra Miller is apparently playing 3 versions of Barry Allan who all interact with one another. So it’s not just one role they’d need to replace. It’s the star of the movie, the supporting cast member, and maybe the villain. So it would be like redoing the whole $200 million movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Why not recast? It isn't like doing that with the lead actor when the movie is almost complete hasn't happened. Remember Marty McFly?
    I want someone that actually looks like the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Just kill it. Kill it with fire. What's the point of continuing it if they already lost more than half of the cast?
    The DCEU is more than just the Snyderverse cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Plus, there's way too many behind the scenes controversies for one cinematic universe to take.
    Just recast and move forward. There's no need to scrap everything just because a few movies didn't pan out and certain actors have left or are making themselves radioactive.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The DCEU is more than just the Snyderverse cast.

Just recast and move forward. There's no need to scrap everything just because a few movies didn't pan out and certain actors have left or are making themselves radioactive.
    I agree that killing it with fire just isn't cricket. The only proper option is to nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This is mostly a joke, but I don’t suppose they could dump a truckload of money in front of Grant Gustin’s house and ask him to take up their a particular cross
    People keep saying this, but you know, Gustin is the one tired of being Flash for almost a decade and losing other jobs offers due to tv filming schedule. Sure, paid from a movie could make him change his mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't know why you and other folks on this thread are trying to turn this into a Marvel vs DC thing. Hollywood is full of clueless celebs and people who keep getting paid millions despite the awful shit they've said or have done.
    This is a DC Films/World thread. I really don't see the point of trying to point out Marvel's dirt and mentioning it here. Erza Miller's grooming/kidnapping is huge news. He is the franchise star. He has possibly cost hundreds of millions(if not billions) of future DCEU projects. I hope DC can escape this mess somehow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    DisMarvel tried to fire James Gunn. DisMarvel fired and looks like they won't be bringing back Gina Carano although that's SW. If someone crosses the line at Marvel out the door they go most of the time. Past history they might be given a free pass.
    Disney fired james gunn,not marvel.
    Lucusfilm or disney fired gina,i don't recall right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    I read the past few pages of posts. Not going to respond individually, but I'm going to say that conflating Johansson and Gadot supporting the one and only Jewish state with a madman who was likely grooming underage girls and giving drugs to one... Seems pretty antisemitic.
    There used to be a one and only Palestinian state. A single person abusing however many other people... seems pretty small compared to supporting the displacement (and often killing of) an entire people. I'll just leave it there. Not trying to start a political conversation. I'm Jewish btw but Scarlett Johansson lost me for good with that. I won't reply again. Not trying to have a conversation about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    People keep saying this, but you know, Gustin is the one tired of being Flash for almost a decade and losing other jobs offers due to tv filming schedule. Sure, paid from a movie could make him change his mind.
    Also, let's face it, Gustin is a minor TV star in a show that's on its last legs, why hire him when you can either get an established movie star, (hell, maybe Cruise would be interested---that might make it a gamble worth taking with respect to reshoots), or just cast the best match you can find in an open casting call?

I think they absolutely are going to fire Ezra
    They just need this movie to come out to launch the new cinematic universe
    I mean Zaslav and co canned CNN+ and they sunk way more money into that than this movie imo

If anything I see them releasing on HBO Max if Miller really spirals and does something even worse and if he goes full on irredeemable you have to just eat the loss and cancel the movie

To think I used to shit on Grant Gustin to defend Ezra makes me sick now
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 06-18-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Also, let's face it, Gustin is a minor TV star in a show that's on its last legs, why hire him when you can either get an established movie star, (hell, maybe Cruise would be interested---that might make it a gamble worth taking with respect to reshoots), or just cast the best match you can find in an open casting call?
    The stuff he demands would not allow that.

Including using his likeness in toys and stuff.

So he is out of the picture.

I agree that killing it with fire just isn't cricket. The only proper option is to nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.
    What, no? They've been on track after phasing out the Snyderverse. The series is in chaos now thanks to COVID and the change in management, but they've gotten rid of 99% of the stuff that was bringing it down.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't know why you and other folks on this thread are trying to turn this into a Marvel vs DC thing. Hollywood is full of clueless celebs and people who keep getting paid millions despite the awful shit they've said or have done. Does Sean Penn ring a bell? How about Stanley Kubrik mentally torturing the actress who played the mom in 'The Shining'? Or George Lucas suggesting that Marion being 11 when she had a romance with the much older Indiana Jones because if she is 15 or 16 'it wouldn't be interesting' in his words? Harvey Weinstein is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Hollywood.
    I'm not trying to make it a Marvel vs DC thing at all. I was saying that in response to people saying DC movies are cursed or the whole universe should be abandoned because of a few bad people. It just seems ridiculous. Hollywood is full of screwy people and it just exclusive to DC or Marvel or anywhere else.

BANNED

Why would you cast a nearly 60 year old man as Barry Allen?