Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    God Ezra getting a Flash cartoon cancelled because of their dumbass antics would be my Reverse-Flash origin. Goddamn WB, I would gladly have this upcoming movie cancelled and take a Flash cartoon instead!

And apparently the plan is to just make Supergirl, Batgirl, and the other young heroes the new JL proper since they won’t have any of the old guard anymore.
    They still have Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

Agreed on the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    If that is true WB is just getting worse with DC films. Sad. They just do not get it.
    Not really. The quality of the post JL films have all been a dramatic step up imo. I mean does it suck that Superman is absent and Ezra is dragging the Flash through the mud? Yes, but that doesn't mean that the films are getting worse.

Ultimate Member

I can’t really see a JL with Supergirl and Batgirl standing in for Superman and Batman being a billion dollar success, but clearly the higher ups at WB felt differently.
    A billion shouldn't even be in discussion with as much mess that has gone on so far.

All this boils down to is be careful in who you HIRE.

I can’t really see a JL with Supergirl and Batgirl standing in for Superman and Batman being a billion dollar success, but clearly the higher ups at WB felt differently.
    Sounds like they're going to have 2 Batmen (Batmans?) going forward as rumors suggested the Flash movie leaves it open for Batfleck to return in future films. So he's still in play while Keaton's Bruce acts as a mentor to the younger generation of heroes.

Superman seemed like he was being pushed out but with Zaslov taking over and stating that he wants to revitalize Superman it seems more likely that Cavill or a replacement actor will be a part of the future DC movieverse. Plus it sounds like Zaslov isn't interested in "risky" ventures and wants to play it safe while attempting to make "Marvel money". Which has me hoping the Abrams/Coates project won't happen.

So if the next DC movie event is a Crisis, I'm sure Superman, Keaton's Batman, and Batfleck will be a part of it. The new kids (Supergirl, Blue Beetle, and Batgirl) will play a big role but it seems less likely WB will try to have them completely take over for the Trinity.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-26-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sounds like they're going to have 2 Batmen (Batmans?) going forward as rumors suggested the Flash movie leaves it open for Batfleck to return in future films. So he's still in play while Keaton's Bruce acts as a mentor to the younger generation of heroes.
    Like the current MCU phase, DC will lean more toward the multiverse down the line. The Flash only tease the concept, but it's supposed to lead to more later. I got the impression that Flash 2 was planned to be a multiverse trip with multiple versions of beloved characters but with Ezra apparently fired and WBD wondering how to promote and release the movie, I can't think or speculate about a sequel anymore.

Superman seemed like he was being pushed out but with Zaslov taking over and stating that he wants to revitalize Superman it seems more likely that Cavill or a replacement actor will be a part of the future DC movieverse. Plus it sounds like Zaslov isn't interested in "risky" ventures and wants to play it safe while attempting to make "Marvel money". Which has me hoping the Abrams/Coates project won't happen.
    There were whisperings of the project being considered to be repurposed to fit the main DCEU (aka an entire overhaul of the project). Pinch of salt, of course.

So if the next DC movie event is a Crisis, I'm sure Superman, Keaton's Batman, and Batfleck will be a part of it. The new kids (Supergirl, Blue Beetle, and Batgirl) will play a big role but it seems less likely WB will try to have them completely take over for the Trinity.
    See above about the multiverse.

BANNED

Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't get Superman soon enough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't get Superman soon enough.
    Isn't Michael B. Jordan supposed to be the new Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really. The quality of the post JL films have all been a dramatic step up imo. I mean does it suck that Superman is absent and Ezra is dragging the Flash through the mud? Yes, but that doesn't mean that the films are getting worse.
    Wonder Woman 1984 was down right awful.

What other films post JL have they given us that are good? Aquaman? Ok, it was good at best. Shazam? Yes I liked it but for different reasons.

So what else? Now if you bring up the new Batman I dont want to hear it. WB went a whole new way on that.

Again what have they given us, the fan, anything decent to watch?

Should I bring up Titans now next? Awful just awful.

If DC wants everything to fly solo like The Batman then they should do so because they are not yet setting up at all that way. Black Adam, The Flash, Aquaman 2, Batgirl, Blue Bettle.

I want to get excited about everything I mentioned about (I loved The Batman, saw it 5 times in theaters) but WB and DC have let me and many others down many times.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 06-26-2022 at 04:04 PM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I would LOVE to see the Val Zod project happen, but with the new management it seems less likely.

Astonishing Member

What other films post JL have they given us that are good? Aquaman? Ok, it was good at best. Shazam? Yes I liked it but for different reasons.

So what else? Now if you bring up the new Batman I dont want to hear it. WB went a whole new way on that.

The Suicide Squad was a vast improvement over the original. I think it's better than WW personally. But yeah 1984 sucked and might have killed some momentum for the third sequel.

For TV shows PeaceMaker killed it. And Doom Patrol is another great series to watch.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WB and DC would be stupid as hell (which means they'll probably do it) to try to have Batgirl, Supergirl, etc... as the new JL in films. Their films for the most part try to be cool and different for no good reason and its partially why they tend to fail.

The Suicide Squad was a vast improvement over the original. I think it's better than WW personally. But yeah 1984 sucked and might have killed some momentum for the third sequel.

For TV shows PeaceMaker killed it. And Doom Patrol is another great series to watch.
    I cant believe I forgot about The Suicide Squad. Yes I loved that. Peacemaker was awesome as well.

I am all for connecting universes, DC just has to get it right.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Birds of Prey and the second Suicide Squad were really good. Frankly, my favorite stuff of the DCUE that I've seen to date. Those were also stuff where the Powers That Be weren't worried about building a cinematic universe but just telling their own story. That seems to be where WB is succeeding the most with superhero fare. Besides, there's a place for cinematic universes when done well (e.g. the MCU), but there are times when just being able to watch a movie by itself is great.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

No the Flash ends with a tease setting up Batffleck to return in a Crisis movie, but Affleck is still exiting the shared universe. Keaton will be the only Batman in the new shared universe continuity going forward.

No, Supergirl was supposed to be the main “Super” of the shared universe. Coates/Abrams were going to do a black Clark Kent Elseworld stand-alone movie and MBJ pitched a Val-Zod series. Neither of those two projects are likely to come to fruition with the Discovery buyout, especially with Zaslov refusing to spend a lot of money on HBO Max series and I believe he’s even fired most of the old MAX leadership. Majority of the people who were supporting the Abrams/Coates project have been pushed out as well: Kilar, Sarnoff, and Emmerich are all gone and Hamada seems set to depart soon too. The new head of DC will likely be the one who decides what to do with Superman, and at this point I’m expecting a new project to start from scratch since I don’t think even Abrams is going to be sticking around much longer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't know what you like or not, but BOP and TSS both had positive critical reception even if the financial box office was iffy. That means that 4 out of 5 DCEU films post Snyder have been generally well liked if not exactly highly profitable. That's an improvement over the Snyder era where every film was highly divisive with bad critical reception even if they made more money.
    I'm not saying that the DCEU is in a great position or that they're cranking out great films, only that they are making better films according to most viewers versus the ones that they released earlier. Although your personal preference may differ.
    There's also the Joker. Hugely successful.
    The Batman did well.

(I'm actually one of the few who really liked WW84, but I know I'm in the minority.)

So? What's wrong with that? The Batman was awesome.

Again, most people have liked Aquaman, Shazam, BOP, TSS, Joker, The Batman...

Should I bring up Titans now next? Awful just awful.
    Thought we were only discussing films, but if we're adding shows the Peacemaker, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, and Superman & Lois are all good.

If DC wants everything to fly solo like The Batman then they should do so because they are not yet setting up at all that way. Black Adam, The Flash, Aquaman 2, Batgirl, Blue Bettle.
    As much as I would love that, that's not what DC wants. They want both solo films like The Batman and a shared universe. Hopefully they can pull both off.

I want to get excited about everything I mentioned about (I loved The Batman, saw it 5 times in theaters) but WB and DC have let me and many others down many times.
    Again I don't know what you like or want, but again outside of the Wonder Woman sequel the response to everything else has been generally positive. And again, I didn't say that they were making great movies, just better movies. You said that DC has only been getting worse with films, but most people didn't like the prior films.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Besides, there's a place for cinematic universes when done well (e.g. the MCU), but there are times when just being able to watch a movie by itself is great.
    Careful, that kind of talk gets you labeled a heretic around here.