Page 116 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 16661061121131141151161171181191201261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 20948

Yeah please keep all the Aquaman humor far away from Gotham City and its characters
    What works for WW,Superman, Aquaman etc have proven time and time again to not work for Batman and company

In fact that type of reactionary nonsense about what is successful ended up ruining Suicide Squad. So lets not make the same mistake again with another movie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Seems a little early to call something a bomb after a 20 second video of people standing around, isn't it? I mean, you're entitled to that opinion, but these people are literally just standing around lol No dialogue to pick apart, no fight choreography to nitpick...seems strange, to me. I have no idea if this will be good or not, but I think it's too early to label it one way or the other.
    Some people just say things or type things without doing any logical thinking at all. He literally has nothing to go off of. It seems like complaining for the sake of complaining, which is common for this particular thread. The whole promo was a nice touch that seems to be using that Suicide Squad style/aesthetic and I’m all for it. I want to see more!
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Ezra Miller, but I hope for a recasting if only because I'd really prefer we get a movie Flash that doesn't just feel like a trumped-up Kid Flash.
    From the way Ezra Miller was talking in an interview about why the Flash movie is taking so long it sure didn't sound like there is going to be any recasting. He seemed super pumped for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Your favorite character is not going anywhere. He still gets to be on t.v. shows, comics, video games and even if we aren't getting a movie right now, we are still going to get one in future. What good does talking about Snyder bring? It won't make WB make another Superman movie any faster, it won't remove you movies you hate from existence, it's just typical fandom pettiness. What has been said here that hasn't already been said?
    I saw a YouTube video that claims Henry Cavill will be in the Supergirl movie and then there will be a Man of Steel 2 movie. So I guess just wait and see. I would imagine the Superman will probably be in the CW version
    of Crisis on Infinite Earths also.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    So there is a first look at Birds of Prey and a good look at Huntress, among others. This has an early high bomb outlook. Seriously, looks like the complete wrong direction after Aquaman and WW success.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/birds...d-more-a166087
    Excuse me but didn't you say not a single person you knew was excited with the Aquaman trailer and that Shazam would be a bigger hit than it?

I only remember coz that very page opened randomly on my ancient phone the other day when I clicked on this thread.

...Yeah, I didn't call it a bomb. It hasn't come out yet. I said it has a high bomb outlook or probability, in my opinion. Quite frankly, when I thought the whole concept of BoP with Harley was just dumb. We are in an era of comic accuracy, and this doesn't feel very accurate.
    "Early high bomb outlook"...."complete wrong direction". I was just pointing out that it is too early to say things like that when we only have a 20 second video of people standing around. I'd say the same thing to someone if they said "this will be a hit! It's the right way to go!" after a 20 second video of people standing around.

Please tell me you're joking. Suicide Squad absolutely hurt its credibility. If you don't think it did, then you must think that either nothing has hurt the DCEU's credibility or only BvS hurt its credibility. But BvS and SS came out within 5 months of each other are were complete critical failures and the negative headlines and online sentiment remained negative for quite some time, if not still remaining to a certain extent. How many more times are we going to have to hear people complain about Leto's Joker or the CGI monster mess before this is clear?
    Hurt the DCEU's credibility with whom? Are we talking about comics fans on message boards, or the general viewing audience who make up the vast, vast majority of these films' box office? If you're talking about comics fans who didn't like SS, then sure - I can see why they might think the credibility of the universe was hurt. The general viewing audience didn't seem to mind at all, however. Suicide Squad failed with critics, but audiences loved it to the tune of almost $800 million dollars. A movie does not make that much if people hate it & they think it hurts credibility. The general audience loved it, and the general audience loved the tattoo'd Harley & Joker (just look at merchandising sales, this movie was a monster!). If SS had hurt the DCEU's credibility, then Wonder Woman would have been affected. But it wasn't, and WW made even more money.

Venom also got trashed by the critics but made around $850 million...does Venom hurt Sony's Marvel credibility? We have to remember that what we like & dislike is not representative of how the general audience feels. The general audience rewards what they feel are good movies...Suicide Squad, to most people, was a 'good' movie. Not great (the great ones join the billion dollar club), but good. *Note: I'm in no way equating dollars to quality here. The general audience finds a lot of garbage films to be good or great lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Obviously Suicide Squad did well enough to rate a sequel. Which is more than can be said about any more Batman + Superman movies. At most we will get stand alone Batman and Superman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Keep in mind BoP's budget is supposed to be on the lower side, so it would really have to be a catastrophe with bad WoM/reception for it to end up being a massive bomb. (That, or Bond 25 which is releasing around the same time will steal the audience)

On a side note, someone slowed down the vid to provide some better looks - I have a feeling these aren't the finalized costumes. (For those who were worried, the actress playing Black Canary seems to have dyed her hair... so she's a blonde at least :P)

https://twitter.com/4eyedRaven/statu...15514871152640
    I actually like the vibe of this teaser. It reminds me of what they did with The Joker, save for the girl rock pop feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Thank you! Black Canary is definitely the standout for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Thank you! Black Canary is definitely the standout for me!
    Now that she is blonde people can shut up about her race.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Excuse me but didn't you say not a single person you knew was excited with the Aquaman trailer and that Shazam would be a bigger hit than it?

I only remember coz that very page opened randomly on my ancient phone the other day when I clicked on this thread.

Lol. I don't recall that but I'm sure you're right. In the immediate aftermath of those two trailers coming out everyone I knew was talking about Shazam and not AM. But hey, maybe that means Shazam makes $2 billion?

Lol. I don't recall that but I'm sure you're right. In the immediate aftermath of those two trailers coming out everyone I knew was talking about Shazam and not AM. But hey, maybe that means Shazam makes $2 billion?
    I just want Shazam! to make more than "Captain Marvel".

BANNED

So there is a first look at Birds of Prey and a good look at Huntress, among others. This has an early high bomb outlook. Seriously, looks like the complete wrong direction after Aquaman and WW success.

Bro that isn't even footage from the movie . They're standing in front of a screen showing off outfits. They decided to make it a video instead of a photo series ? I'm really confused how you can tell it's a wrong or right direction

Whoa, looks like Suicide Squad 1.1, aka garbage.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post

Hurt the DCEU's credibility with whom? Are we talking about comics fans on message boards, or the general viewing audience who make up the vast, vast majority of these films' box office? If you're talking about comics fans who didn't like SS, then sure - I can see why they might think the credibility of the universe was hurt. The general viewing audience didn't seem to mind at all, however. Suicide Squad failed with critics, but audiences loved it to the tune of almost $800 million dollars. A movie does not make that much if people hate it & they think it hurts credibility. The general audience loved it, and the general audience loved the tattoo'd Harley & Joker (just look at merchandising sales, this movie was a monster!). If SS had hurt the DCEU's credibility, then Wonder Woman would have been affected. But it wasn't, and WW made even more money.

Venom also got trashed by the critics but made around $850 million...does Venom hurt Sony's Marvel credibility? We have to remember that what we like & dislike is not representative of how the general audience feels. The general audience rewards what they feel are good movies...Suicide Squad, to most people, was a 'good' movie. Not great (the great ones join the billion dollar club), but good. *Note: I'm in no way equating dollars to quality here. The general audience finds a lot of garbage films to be good or great lol
    So, in other words, you don't think the DCEU has/had a credibility issue with audiences? Why do you think Justice League bombed so badly? It only made $90 million in its opening weekend. That means the general public had already cast doubts on it based on previous DCEU films. And audiences "loved SS?" Where are you getting that? It has a 60% audience score on RT. For comparisons sake, Marvel's worst movie, Thor 2, has a 76% audience score. If you think Iron Man 3 is the worst MCU films, that has a 78% audience score (I think they both suck, fwiw). Hell, BvS had a slightly higher audience score.

Bottom line, if you refuse to believe that Suicide Squad did damage to the WB/DCEU brand then why do you think so many people got fired right after? If it made oodles of money and profit, and that was the only measurement for success, then why is David Ayer, Diane Nelson, Deborah Snyder, Zach Snyder, etc. etc. not with the brand anymore?

Also, yeah, Venom hurt Sony's brand. Just like the bad Andrew Garfield Spider Man movies did. And btw, Venom's audience score was 24 percentage points higher than Suicide Squad.