Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Meh, better than being a laughingstock. Lol.
    Depends. Black Adam could be a success while using the JSA as a laughingstock to prop him up. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm pretty sure Cavill's done. So the question is what actor will they get to be Supergirl's sidekick and Black Adam's punching bag? Who will be our new Superman?
    I assumed Supergirl
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not sure how they’re going to explain the JSA in a world that seems like it just discovered the existence of meta humans. They’ve made it seem like Superman was the first publicly known superhero.
    The same way Wonder Woman walked away from the world of man in disgust until her solo movie decided she didn't. It likely won't be addressed.

Nobody at WB right now cares about “preserving” continuity, especially when the Flash more or less completely tosses the old continuity out.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I assumed Supergirl
    That was the original plan, but Zaslav coming on board seems to have changed things.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Cavill's done. So the question is what actor will they get to be Supergirl's sidekick and Black Adam's punching bag? Who will be our new Superman?
    They are saving the face reveal for the theater in Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I assumed Supergirl
    Assumed Supergirl what?

Assumed Supergirl what?
    I think sifighter is talking about Supergirl being the new "Superman" of the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think sifighter is talking about Supergirl being the new "Superman" of the movies.
    Yeah, the plan was originally to replace Superman with her, but since that is rumored to no longer be the case and they allegedly want Superman as her and Black Adam's inferior, I'm curious who might replace Cavill for that role.
    Italics because they still might just kick him out of the DCEU.

Extraordinary Member

A no name who doesn’t mind getting beat up

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A no name who doesn’t mind getting beat up
    So, maybe the guy who plays Reggie on Riverdale? Or heck, the guy who plays Archie on Riverdale?

Extraordinary Member

So, maybe the guy who plays Reggie on Riverdale? Or heck, the guy who plays Archie on Riverdale?
    They look too young and I said a no name
    KJ has led number one movies in theaters
    Melton film history is to much

It be somone you never heard of

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They look too young and I said a no name
    KJ has led number one movies in theaters
    Melton film history is to much

It be somone you never heard of
    I doubt they'd go with someone with no screen credits at all. Some minor tv or movie supporting character sure. But someone who has been in front of a camera.

Spoiler/Rumors for the Batgirl movie

spoilers:

-Batman has around 10 minutes of screen time. At one point he tells Batgirl that she doesn't need his help because she can handle things on her own.

-Villain is Killer Moth but he is sympathetic; he's doing every thing for his sick wife and child.

-Although she does not appear in the movie, there is confirmation that Pfieffer is the Catwoman in this world.

-Movie is heavily dependent on the continuity rewrites of the Flash movie.

-Nightwing and Black Canary do not appear in the movie. But Robin is mentioned at one point.

-Keaton Bats acts more like B:TAS Batman.

end of spoilers

My thoughts:

spoilers:

- Nice to know that the Batgirl movie will still mostly be about Batgirl.

- Keaton's Batman being more like B:TAS Batman is a huge plus, imo. (::braces for the paranoid posts about Bruce/Babs thing:

- I know the Pfeiffer thing is just a thing mentioned in passing just like how she was mentioned in the Arrowverse COIE crossover but it would be cool if this somehow leads to a Catwoman movie starring Pfiefer. IIRC, there was one that was supposed to happen in the 90's but never came to fruition. Then a decade later into the much derided Halle Barry version. Or maybe Pfiefer can show up as a character is a Zoe Kravtiz led Catwoman show or movie. Pfeifer being a star in two different cinematic universes would be very cool, imo.

- I think they should just alter or remove any lines referring to the Flash or at least leave it ambiguous. Make this the fresh new start of a cinematic universe or at least a spiritual sequel continuation of the Burton verse.
    end of spoilers

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Spoiler/Rumors for the Batgirl movie

spoilers:

-Batman has around 10 minutes of screen time. At one point he tells Batgirl that she doesn't need his help because she can handle things on her own.

-Villain is Killer Moth but he is sympathetic; he's doing every thing for his sick wife and child.

-Although she does not appear in the movie, there is confirmation that Pfieffer is the Catwoman in this world.

-Movie is heavily dependent on the continuity rewrites of the Flash movie.

-Nightwing and Black Canary do not appear in the movie. But Robin is mentioned at one point.

-Keaton Bats acts more like B:TAS Batman.

end of spoilers

My thoughts:

spoilers:

- Nice to know that the Batgirl movie will still mostly be about Batgirl.

- Keaton's Batman being more like B:TAS Batman is a huge plus, imo. (::braces for the paranoid posts about Bruce/Babs thing:

- I know the Pfeiffer thing is just a thing mentioned in passing just like how she was mentioned in the Arrowverse COIE crossover but it would be cool if this somehow leads to a Catwoman movie starring Pfiefer. IIRC, there was one that was supposed to happen in the 90's but never came to fruition. Then a decade later into the much derided Halle Barry version. Or maybe Pfiefer can show up as a character is a Zoe Kravtiz led Catwoman show or movie. Pfeifer being a star in two different cinematic universes would be very cool, imo.

- I think they should just alter or remove any lines referring to the Flash or at least leave it ambiguous. Make this the fresh new start of a cinematic universe or at least a spiritual sequel continuation of the Burton verse.
    end of spoilers
    Main villain is Firefly not Killer Moth FYI
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well the Batgirl rumors are flowing now if these bits are true. I am happy to hear it all.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime