Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Idk, they dropped the ball on 2/3 of Diana's biggest enemies (even if Wiig herself was still the best part of the movie), I'm skeptical that they will suddenly manage to stick the landing on the third.
    I liked what they did with Ares and Cheetah more than most did (even if I understand they may not have completely nailed the execution) but I hope they can do Circe well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just want them to use and do Circe justice, bar minimum.
    Eh, she can be the sub-villain like Scarecrow in The Dark Knight series. I want Giganta to be the main baddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, she can be the sub-villain like Scarecrow in The Dark Knight series. I want Giganta to be the main baddie.
    Or a team-up .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Or a team-up .
    Giganta should be part of whatever mythological army Circe has at her disposal. A giantess who has signed up with her, and maybe leads her forces as the biggest minion threat. Or they could pay homage to her classic origin as a gorilla turned into a woman, as one of her Beastiamorphs.

*sigh* if I were to map our a WW film trilogy, Giganta would be part of Godwatch as Cale's personal bodyguard and would bust out the giant form when "Godwatch Protocol" is activated.

Giganta can’t carry a movie by herself. When was the last time she could even carry a story arc? At best she would be a hench woman for Circe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Giganta should be part of whatever mythological army Circe has at her disposal. A giantess who has signed up with her, and maybe leads her forces as the biggest minion threat. Or they could pay homage to her classic origin as a gorilla turned into a woman, as one of her Beastiamorphs.

*sigh* if I were to map our a WW film trilogy, Giganta would be part of Godwatch as Cale's personal bodyguard and would bust out the giant form when "Godwatch Protocol" is activated.
    I prefer Giganta as a scientist but if we were going to tie her to Circe it'd make enough sense.

Tying Circe and Giganta makes sense from the perspective of a screen writer convenience.

Circe is famous for turning human into animals. So going the other way and turning a gorilla into a human who has the ability to become a giant makes sense.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

The ideal scenario would have been to make WW2 and WW3 a two-parter with Cale forming Godwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm honestly baffled at how Veronica is yet to appear in a WW movie. You'd think Hollywood would be all over the "evil corporate executive" gimmick.
    Or maybe it's too on the nose for them these days.
    On the contrary, most of these films ARE financed by Wall Streeters lmao. BvS and Justice League writer Chris Terrio revealed in an interview how one Wall Street producer approached him at a movie announcement party to give him tips on how to write Batman.

The reception to BVS Luthor obviously put them off using evil billionaire execs for the time being.

I kid. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought she was a little too similar to Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Tying Circe and Giganta makes sense from the perspective of a screen writer convenience.

Circe is famous for turning human into animals. So going the other way and turning a gorilla into a human who has the ability to become a giant makes sense.
    In the Perez run, two of her bestiamorphs were a horse and cat that she gave human forms. So there is precedent for the transformations going both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The reception to BVS Luthor obviously put them off using evil billionaire execs for the time being.

I kid. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought she was a little too similar to Luthor.
    Probably true. I vastly prefer pre-Crisis Lex as written by the likes of Maggin.

It would never happen at this point, but I would happily see the evil businessman angle for Lex dropped entirely and let Veronica fill that niche instead

Honestly I prefer Luthor, businessman or otherwise, to Cale any day of the week. But modern Lex is a lot of things.

I'm actually kind of surprised people seem so gung-ho about including her and Godwatch. I thought fans were still kind of lukewarm to her as a character and her place as a Wonder Rogue, and I say this as someone who enjoyed how Rucka used her in his Rebirth run.

Honestly I prefer Luthor, businessman or otherwise, to Cale any day of the week. But modern Lex is a lot of things.

I'm actually kind of surprised people seem so gung-ho about including her and Godwatch. I thought fans were still kind of lukewarm to her as a character and her place as a Wonder Rogue, and I say this as someone who enjoyed how Rucka used her in his Rebirth run.
    When the other option is Max Lord? The comic equivalent of milk left out in the sun for a week?

Cale's a perfectly fine character and update of WW characters like GA Paula and Priscilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    When the other option is Max Lord? The comic equivalent of milk left out in the sun for a week?

Cale's a perfectly fine character and update of WW characters like GA Paula and Priscilla.
    I know WW have a passionate hatred for Max Lord, but I think Paula Von Gunther is way cooler than Veronica Cale.

I think her Rebirth arc and tying her to other villains in interesting ways helped a lot of us get on board, and even re-assess how we felt about her first go around. Those kind of inter personal dynamics between female villains is rare in the Big 2 outside of the X-Men and Gotham Sirens.

Plus yeah, the alternative is Max Lord. Screw that noise.

I know WW have a passionate hatred for Max Lord, but I think Paula Von Gunther is way cooler than Veronica Cale.
    Veronica effectively is modern Paula at this point, just as Barbara had had some elements of Priscilla folded into her now.

Paula's kind of redundant now, and the whole "sympathetic Nazi" thing is too loaded with the chances of it being done well very slim.

Paula's one of the most poorly aged things about Golden Age WW and Cale effectively fills the same role without the baggage.

And like I said, the only other option Max "no one's cared about me before I got killed" Lord.