Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Marvel’s also set to start lapping DC in the video game arena. They’ve got a ton of games in the works featuring multiple characters, everything from the F4 to BP is rumored. Meanwhile DC is focusing on… Batman. Again. Least there’s a WW game coming.
    We still have to wait and see if Marvel learned from the mistakes of Marvel's Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Marvel’s also set to start lapping DC in the video game arena. They’ve got a ton of games in the works featuring multiple characters, everything from the F4 to BP is rumored. Meanwhile DC is focusing on… Batman. Again. Least there’s a WW game coming.
    Well, again, rumored. Then again no one believed the rumors about the Wonder Woman game until that was a surprise announcement at the Game Awards.

I don't think a WW game is the last thing they have in development.

Given their track record, we are more likely to get those games than not. Marvel has always been more equitable when it comes to adapting their characters. Spider-Man is their flag ship character but the FF, Avengers and X-Men have all gotten multiple shows, movies and games under their belt and they've raised the profile of lesser known characters like GotG, Dr Strange, Moon Knight and Agatha Harkness.

With every one of Marvel's success and announcement DC keeps getting fried like Lust from FMA after Mustang got a second wind.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Given their track record, we are more likely to get those games than not. Marvel has always been more equitable when it comes to adapting their characters. Spider-Man is their flag ship character but the FF, Avengers and X-Men have all gotten multiple shows, movies and games under their belt and they've raised the profile of lesser known characters like GotG, Dr Strange, Moon Knight and Agatha Harkness.

With every one of Marvel's success and announcement DC keeps getting fried like Lust from FMA after Mustang got a second wind.
    I think both companies have had their on and off years (or decades, really).

Sometimes Marvel can be too razor-focused on the MCU or those versions while somehow they thought it was a good idea to put Jeph Loeb in charge of their media. The embargoes they placed on the FF and X-Men were pretty infamous.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Marvel and DC will always lean on popular characters like Spider-Man and Batman because they sell. It's basic Business 101.
    No one is debating that.

Also when we keep hiding behind this shield of Batman and Spider-Man sell-we ignore all the barriers ranging from sexism to racism to laziness that has prevent others from selling.

Folks can beat your chest Batman sells Batman sell as some excuse to discourage yet the stats don't lie about what else sells.

Yeah it's Batman up there but who else is around him be it books or movie or shows.

Nobody wants to hear Batman sells as the reason we can't get Black Lightning when we saw what Black Panther did.

Nobody wants to hear Batman sells as the reason JSA can't get anything when we are heading to our 3rd GOTG movie.

Sooner than later it has to go beyond Batman sells. Basic business 101 is why Vince McMahon is a millionaire instead of a billionaire as CM Punk said.

He like DC chose to settle. While DC rests on Batman-every ones else is not settling and are becoming the alternatives.

Yeah Batman is number one but how far the comic book chain do we have to go to see who is number two? How many Marvel, Milestone, Boom, Valiant, Image, Titan, cartoon or whoever are between Batman and DC's number 2.

That is the issue. It has to be more than Batman sells. Batman can't do what Black Panther did. Batman can't do what Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel did-get girls interest in reading comics.

When do you start building up others to go after all the folks Batman don't reach?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No one is debating that.

Also when we keep hiding behind this shield of Batman and Spider-Man sell-we ignore all the barriers ranging from sexism to racism to laziness that has prevent others from selling.

Folks can beat your chest Batman sells Batman sell as some excuse to discourage yet the stats don't lie about what else sells.

Yeah it's Batman up there but who else is around him be it books or movie or shows.

Nobody wants to hear Batman sells as the reason we can't get Black Lightning when we saw what Black Panther did.

Nobody wants to hear Batman sells as the reason JSA can't get anything when we are heading to our 3rd GOTG movie.

Sooner than later it has to go beyond Batman sells. Basic business 101 is why Vince McMahon is a millionaire instead of a billionaire as CM Punk said.

He like DC chose to settle. While DC rests on Batman-every ones else is not settling and are becoming the alternatives.

Yeah Batman is number one but how far the comic book chain do we have to go to see who is number two? How many Marvel, Milestone, Boom, Valiant, Image, Titan, cartoon or whoever are between Batman and DC's number 2.

That is the issue. It has to be more than Batman sells. Batman can't do what Black Panther did. Batman can't do what Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel did-get girls interest in reading comics.

When do you start building up others to go after all the folks Batman don't reach?
    There's no point in criticizing DC by comparing them to Marvel
    This has become a completely separate situation

Marvel is owned by a company that is actively pushing for a diversity and inclusion edict from the top down and in a position where they do not need to make so much money from their lesser properties
    DC is not in that position
    DC absolutely needs to ride on Batman's success because the Batman umbrella is subsidizing all the failures and non Batman properties that have long stopped making DC money
    That's specifically why AT&T spinned out of that company and why Warner Discovery is sooner or later going to cull a lot of these properties that don't generate anything

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    We still have to wait and see if Marvel learned from the mistakes of Marvel's Avengers.
    I don’t think that’s on Marvel, really; it was the game company’s decision. Marvel have seemingly let a lot of different developers try their hand at making new games.

In fact, since Avengers released we’ve had Miles Morales and GOTG release - both far better than Avengers. Wolverine by Insomniac has been announced, assuming it’ll be decent given their track record with Spidey, and Midnight Suns which I’m not qualified to talk on as I’ve never played that type of game haha.

Currently it looks like Avengers is an outlier, but time will tell I guess

Great to see so many positive reviews so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t think that’s on Marvel, really; it was the game company’s decision. Marvel have seemingly let a lot of different developers try their hand at making new games.

In fact, since Avengers released we’ve had Miles Morales and GOTG release - both far better than Avengers. Wolverine by Insomniac has been announced, assuming it’ll be decent given their track record with Spidey, and Midnight Suns which I’m not qualified to talk on as I’ve never played that type of game haha.

Currently it looks like Avengers is an outlier, but time will tell I guess
    I think it was before Avengers but Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 did better than Avengers .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was before Avengers but Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 did better than Avengers .
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that! It was before, but it was good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Is Cavill really the one holding Superman hostage, though? He just seems to be open to coming back, but it's not like he's pulling a Snyder/Snyder fans type of move.
    The word is WB has reached out to him several times and he's the one unwilling to come back.
    That's why Johnson is saying "It depends on who's playing Superman yadda yadda...."

Extraordinary Member

Henry Cavill’s Comic-Con Appearance Stopped By Covid Diagnosis Says Report

Here is some talk about in the link above.
    Randy O'Donnell quote-
    Cavill is not innocent in this. He keeps playing Superman fans. Fans of him as Superman (I am not one of them) and it shows a total lack of respect on his part for a segment of his fans. It only adds to my dislike of him and judging from some tweets a growing number of Superman fans have about had it with Cavill.

dpistons149 quote-
    What tweets?

Randy O'Donnell quote-
    @dpistons149 Tweets in reply to Cavill demanding more money for returning to the role. It's not like he is short of work and needs more money. In fact his schedule is becoming so full (not to mention the Bond possibility) that it is almost imposiibel now for him to commit months and months to another Superman film.

dpistons149 quote-
    @Randy O'Donnell I’m a DC fan but that sounds like business. DC needs him right now, why wouldn’t he leverage them for more money.

Randy O'Donnell quote-
    @dpistons149 DC is set to erase him from the DCU and replace him with Supergirl. Doesn't sound like they need Cavill or Superman. As far as we know Zaslov is continuing with the previous regimes plans to replace Superman. No indication so far otherwise.

Cosmo quote-
    how is he playing the fans? I don't recall him ever teasing his return, just saying in interviews how he's not done with the character and he wants to come back

Randy O'Donnell quote-
    @Cosmo Yet he knows WBD don't want him back. Other than for cameos. Cameos he won't do. That is playing fans - raising false hopes.

Cosmo quote-
    @Randy O'Donnell Them not wanting him back is still speculation at this point, as are the claims he refused to do cameos, there were conflicting reports about the whole Shazam situation especially. None of us knows exactly what's going on between Cavill and WB, just that they've failed to come to a mutual agreement, so I wouldn't say he's playing fans when he hasn't publicly stated anything that turned out to be false

DJ118USMC quote-
    I know you love Man of Steel John. However, Most people didn't care for the movie including me. Almost everything WB has done with superheroes has been bad. That being said I would like to see Henry Cavill back as Superman, but like me I think most people outside of Hall H would not care as much as you would like to believe.

thecell quote-
    DC at comic con 2022 still would have not won even if Henry cavill came to comic con or said he was superman in black adam etc..I don't think it would have been the moment john is saying. Now it would be a major moment for dc etc.. but not THE moment and it would not have alter the entire course of comic con like john is saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No one is debating that.

I think movies are kind of a different hall game, though. Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man are profitable movies, but their comics don't sell all that great. I do think racism can be an issue, but there certainly are minority characters that make money and sell. I'm not sure what the answer is, but movies sales don't necessarily translate to comic sales.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    You guys are being willfully naive if you think "passion for Superman" is holding up this deal. It's money, and nothing else. We've literally seen WB produce a Superman on TV that is popular and traditional to most people's liking. Momoa gets to pitch and contribute to his film because the first Aquaman made ONE BILLION DOLLARS! Cavill's MOS wasn't even as profitable as Shazam, which has a sequel and a spin-off with a potential for more! Cavill doesn't have a leg to stand on, and at some point, WB is going to have to stop allowing him to hold Superman hostage.
    I am not being naive.You need entertaining content with the character to make money and as an actor future endeavours.So,it would suck for cavil to have a sucky film under his belt or some dumb cameo noone remember or worse another bvs.He wants creative freedom precisely to make money..which is also in the interest of the character as well.

No mamoa put himself in his aquaman portrayal way before people knew it would make a billion.In fact,the surfur dude thing helped the character.

Nobody is holding superman hostage.. It's just he won't be superman until they give him something worthwhile.

Here another,i would say keeping batman away from superman would be another good thing the company can do.The character is toxic to superman as an individual brand.On the flipside,if he is gonna be in rock's black adam's future installments.unless,wb sees pull or potential with superman brand..He's gonna get shitty treatment again.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-27-2022 at 09:20 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"