Dwayne Johnson has apparently said that Black Adam will start a new “anti-hero era” for the DCEU. It will be interesting to see what he means by that, seeing as the next few announced projects are Batwoman, Flash, WW3, Shazam 2, and Blue Beetle

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Dwayne Johnson has apparently said that Black Adam will start a new “anti-hero era” for the DCEU. It will be interesting to see what he means by that, seeing as the next few announced projects are Batwoman, Flash, WW3, Shazam 2, and Blue Beetle
    Guess he hasn't seen Suicide Squad or Harley Quinn?

Incredible Member

Alan Horn has joined Warner Bros Discovery as a senior advisor

https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-ve...sor-exclusive/

Under Alan Horn, Warner Bros was the most successful studio in Hollywood. Horn became President and COO of Warner Bros. in 1999, where he ran the studio in partnership with Chairman and CEO Barry Meyer for 12 years. Under Horn's leadership, Warner Bros. had many hits, including the Harry Potter series and Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy. At age 68, Horn was forced to retire as President and COO of Warner Bros., at the behest of Time Warner Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Bewkes who wanted to groom younger talent to take over at the studio, with Meyer relinquishing his role as studio CEO in March 2013 to be succeeded by Kevin Tsujihara. However, after he left, everything fell apart and WB has been struggling ( along with a lot of controversies) for over a decade now.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Alan Horn has joined Warner Bros Discovery as a senior advisor

https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-ve...sor-exclusive/

Under Alan Horn, Warner Bros was the most successful studio in Hollywood. Horn became President and COO of Warner Bros. in 1999, where he ran the studio in partnership with Chairman and CEO Barry Meyer for 12 years. Under Horn's leadership, Warner Bros. had many hits, including the Harry Potter series and Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy. At age 68, Horn was forced to retire as President and COO of Warner Bros., at the behest of Time Warner Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Bewkes who wanted to groom younger talent to take over at the studio, with Meyer relinquishing his role as studio CEO in March 2013 to be succeeded by Kevin Tsujihara. However, after he left, everything fell apart and WB has been struggling ( along with a lot of controversies) for over a decade now.
    "Most recently, he served as chairman and later co-chairman and chief creative officer of The Walt Disney Studios, where for a period of nearly 10 years, he oversaw the production of all motion pictures and the integration of Lucasfilm and the Fox film studios, as well as the expansion into producing content for Disney’s streaming services."

Interesting.

I've heard good things about Alan Horn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Don't we have enough anti-heroes...then again, I know DC loves them to bits.

Horn also helped shape the early mcu films and are good friends with kevin feige.

This could be great news for dc and harry potter future films with horn back at wb. I'm still waiting for blackhawk and plastic man horn! How about a update?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-28-2022 at 11:52 AM.

The Wizarding World is frankly at a worse place right now than DC as the only way of saving it is taking the rights and control out of Rowling's hands by paying her the GDP of a small nation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Wizarding World is frankly at a worse place right now than DC as the only way of saving it is taking the rights and control out of Rowling's hands by paying her the GDP of a small nation.
    J.K Rowling will never give the rights to WB. Regardless of what you think of her, it's her creation. WB wanted their own Star Wars and met with her in order to continue the franchise. It was their idea to continue the franchise, not hers. They should have never made the Fantastic Beasts films ( even tho the first film was good). WB should focus on new franchises like Dune.

By the way congrats on this thread hitting 1200!

I dont usually trust this info often but it looks to be true. Affleck is back for Aquaman 2.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/ben-af...moa-reactions/
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I dont usually trust this info often but it looks to be true. Affleck is back for Aquaman 2.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/ben-af...moa-reactions/
    Hey I’m totally down for more Batfleck. Maybe he’s in a much better place than he was a few years ago and is ready to jump back into the Bat suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hey I’m totally down for more Batfleck. Maybe he’s in a much better place than he was a few years ago and is ready to jump back into the Bat suit.
    I really do believe the guy got his life back and feels great not drinking and being happy. Good for him. I am happy to see this. I am happy he is back and hope he is in more films.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I really do believe the guy got his life back and feels great not drinking and being happy. Good for him. I am happy to see this. I am happy he is back and hope he is in more films.
    Yeah I’m happy for him.

Hopefully this announcement will overshadow the Amber Hears situation and get some positive buzz about Aquaman 2.

I think it’s because Aquaman 2 is coming out before Flash, so they can’t use Keaton without confusing people or delaying Aquaman. Instead they chose to bring Affleck because for the post credit cameo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah I’m happy for him.

Hopefully this announcement will overshadow the Amber Hears situation and get some positive buzz about Aquaman 2.
    I am hoping for the same thing. As much as I despise WB right now I do want to see these films succeed for everyone else.