Incredible Member

Not DC-related but Discovery is making huge changes in what content they'll produce. Even if DC isn't mentioned in the article it is clear that this will involve all properties they own.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...on-1235189406/

HBO Max says “live-action kids and family programming will not be part of our programming focus in the immediate future.” The streamer says it's moving away from live-action shows aimed at kids and their parents.
    The company is all-in on a streaming first strategy, but family programming hasn’t had a huge presence in the two-plus years of HBO Max’s existence. WBD will continue with development of animated projects aimed at younger viewers via its Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation arms.
    Last edited by Veni; 07-29-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Not DC-related but Discovery is making huge changes in what content they'll produce. Even if DC isn't mentioned in the article it is clear that this will involve all properties they own.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...on-1235189406/

HBO Max says “live-action kids and family programming will not be part of our programming focus in the immediate future.” The streamer says it's moving away from live-action shows aimed at kids and their parents.
    The company is all-in on a streaming first strategy, but family programming hasn’t had a huge presence in the two-plus years of HBO Max’s existence. WBD will continue with development of animated projects aimed at younger viewers via its Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation arms.
    Wonder what that means for Young Justice. And if it means we'll get a Daredevil-tone DC show.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Wonder what that means for Young Justice. And if it means we'll get a Daredevil-tone DC show.
    WB will continue to produce animation for adults and children. It's just they will stop making live-action shows for kids. Young Justice and Harley Quinn (season 3 has just started airing) haven't been renewed, but Harley Quinn has a spin-off in development which some say will drop next year. All other adult animated shows have been miniseries or have been canceled by HBO Max.

Not great. The last good cartoon IMO that DC released was Justice League Action.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    When did WB ever officially state they are going to do a completely fresh reboot? That's only been noise from the end of Grace Randolph and her ilk of online "scoopers".

The official stance has always been we are going ahead with some of the people who have done well in the past like Momoa, Gadot, Levi etc. while recasting folks who don't want to continue like Affleck.

I know Jim Lee or someone said the other day that they aren't continuing with the Snyderverse but by that I assumed he was talking about the creative and story direction, not dumping every actor from that era.
    This is the problem with fake news in the DC sphere. Multiple different fake news stories circulate and then it gets used to portray DC/WB as grossly incompetent. Like, I believed that black superman news when that broke and, like, nothing has come from that. The worst fake news MCU fans endured recently was the idea that Tom Cruise was gonna be Iron Man in Strange 2.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Cavill returning would be great, but Warner would have to get someone who understands the character because I feel like he really didn't get much to work with all these years. The only time I felt like he actually felt like Clark was the one scene of him fighting with the JL that was reshot with Whedon. And of course the mustache effect was present.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash had another test screening 2 days ago... still the same movie, still positive reactions, still Ezra in the main role.

UndercoverAudience did a good summary about the reactions and added some minor spoiler:

#TheFlash had an incredibly positive test screening y'day night. Majority of the audience gave it an "Excellent" rating. Runtime was close to 2hr 15mins. And yes, Ezra Miller is still the Flash.

Apparently Ezra Miller(s) were fantastic in #TheFlash. The current Barry Allen and an 18yr old Barry Allen had an amazing chemistry. Have been told that Miller absolutely nails both the performances.

spoilers:
    #TheFlash has cameos by Ben Affleck, Jeremy Irons, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, and Nikolaj Waldau. There is also a CGI-ed version Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater. Michael Keaton as Batman and Sasha Calle as Supergirl are supporting characters. Half the runtime has Keaton in it.

5 scenes that got the loudest cheers during #TheFlash:
    1. The Barrys meeting Keaton
    2. Keaton coming out in his Batsuit for the 1st time.
    3. Young Barry seeing old Batmobile.
    4. BatKeaton saying "You wanna get nuts?!"
    5. Keaton taking over as THE Batman.

To answer some of #TheFlash queries I recvd: The Nikolaj Coster-Waldau cameo is non consequential to the plotline. He's just one of those dudes from whom Barry steals a hotdog while speeding. The same happens with Andy Muschietti's cameo towards the end of the film.

When the space-time continuum starts collapsing, #TheFlash starts seeing heroes from different worlds. And that's when we see CGI-ed Adam West, Reeve, Helen Slater and Linda Carter. There's also a Superman character who's face is blurred, probably to include a new actor.

Sasha Calle plays Kara Zor-el aka Supergirl in #TheFlash. She plays her part really well. Kara is mainly there to battle it out with General Zod. As the final battle sequence is happening during the 'Man of Steel' timeline.

Keaton sure plays an integral supporting character to Barry, but #TheFlash still is a Barry Allen film. It's about his desire to change the past & bring back his mom, and also prove his dad's innocence. Keaton is amazing no doubt, but he doesn't steal Barry's lightning. ;-)

There's a hilarious scene between Present Barry Allen and Young Barry Allen where they discuss 'Back to the Future'. In this 'Young Barry' timeline, Eric Stoltz stayed on as Marty McFly, and Michael J Fox went on to be in 'Footloose'. Ezra Millers nail this scene!

#TheFlash opens with a literal "Baby Shower" scene that will remind you of the amazing Quicksilver kitchen scene from X-Men: Days of Future Past. In this scene we see Barry replenishing his energy snacking on food while saving a bunch of falling babies from Gotham General!!

The last scene of #TheFlash is Barry walking into his home after winning his dad's case, and noticing flashing computer screens. All of a sudden Ben Affleck shows up on them & says, "You have to save us Barry! We've been trying to get in touch with you. We are stuck here!"
    end of spoilers

Source: https://twitter.com/UndercoverCine/

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Cavill returning would be great, but Warner would have to get someone who understands the character because I feel like he really didn't get much to work with all these years. The only time I felt like he actually felt like Clark was the one scene of him fighting with the JL that was reshot with Whedon. And of course the mustache effect was present.
    I don't know man... I rather call the police than ask Cavill's Superman to save me. I don't feel the positive aura from him that I get from Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Tyler Hoechlin and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash had another test screening 2 days ago... still the same movie, still positive reactions, still Ezra in the main role.

UndercoverAudience did a good summary about the reactions and added some minor spoiler:

#TheFlash had an incredibly positive test screening y'day night. Majority of the audience gave it an "Excellent" rating. Runtime was close to 2hr 15mins. And yes, Ezra Miller is still the Flash.

Apparently Ezra Miller(s) were fantastic in #TheFlash. The current Barry Allen and an 18yr old Barry Allen had an amazing chemistry. Have been told that Miller absolutely nails both the performances.

spoilers:
    #TheFlash has cameos by Ben Affleck, Jeremy Irons, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, and Nikolaj Waldau. There is also a CGI-ed version Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater. Michael Keaton as Batman and Sasha Calle as Supergirl are supporting characters. Half the runtime has Keaton in it.

To answer some of #TheFlash queries I recvd: The Nikolaj Coster-Waldau cameo is non consequential to the plotline. He's just one of those dudes from whom Barry steals a hotdog while speeding. The same happens with Andy Muschietti's cameo towards the end of the film.

When the space-time continuum starts collapsing, #TheFlash starts seeing heroes from different worlds. And that's when we see CGI-ed Adam West, Reeve, Helen Slater and Linda Carter. There's also a Superman character who's face is blurred, probably to include a new actor.

Sasha Calle plays Kara Zor-el aka Supergirl in #TheFlash. She plays her part really well. Kara is mainly there to battle it out with General Zod. As the final battle sequence is happening during the 'Man of Steel' timeline.

Keaton sure plays an integral supporting character to Barry, but #TheFlash still is a Barry Allen film. It's about his desire to change the past & bring back his mom, and also prove his dad's innocence. Keaton is amazing no doubt, but he doesn't steal Barry's lightning. ;-)

There's a hilarious scene between Present Barry Allen and Young Barry Allen where they discuss 'Back to the Future'. In this 'Young Barry' timeline, Eric Stoltz stayed on as Marty McFly, and Michael J Fox went on to be in 'Footloose'. Ezra Millers nail this scene!

#TheFlash opens with a literal "Baby Shower" scene that will remind you of the amazing Quicksilver kitchen scene from X-Men: Days of Future Past. In this scene we see Barry replenishing his energy snacking on food while saving a bunch of falling babies from Gotham General!!

The last scene of #TheFlash is Barry walking into his home after winning his dad's case, and noticing flashing computer screens. All of a sudden Ben Affleck shows up on them & says, "You have to save us Barry! We've been trying to get in touch with you. We are stuck here!"
    end of spoilers

I mean test screening reactions aside, judging from that spoiler text this movie sounds kinda bad...
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's weird that they say this is still Barry's film even though the crowd-pleaser stuff is all Batman.

And The Flash steals hot dogs from people!? Does he at least pay for it!?

Also, Flash opens up saving people in Gotham instead of Central City? May as well just move him to Gotham.

The Affleck stuff sounds so dumb. "Save us Barry! WB is trying to write us out! Except...maybe not!?"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    It's weird that they say this is still Barry's film even though the crowd-pleaser stuff is all Batman.

Also, Flash opens up saving people in Gotham instead of Central City? May as well just move him to Gotham.

The Affleck stuff sounds so dumb. "Save us Barry! WB is trying to write us out! Except...maybe not!?"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At the end of the film too... is Affleck sticking around even longer? Are we going to have two Bruce Waynes in the same universe?
    end of spoilers
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's BM dealing with terrorists and call Barry for help. That's why they are in Gotham. It's the scene from the set pics with Batfleck on a bike. WW arrives at the end of the sequence to save the day.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    spoilers:
    At the end of the film too... is Affleck sticking around even longer? Are we going to have two Bruce Waynes in the same universe?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Batfleck is lost somewhere in the multiverse, and Barry has to find him. It's a sequel tease.
    end of spoilers

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I don't know man... I rather call the police than ask Cavill's Superman to save me. I don't feel the positive aura from him that I get from Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Tyler Hoechlin and others.
    If he saves you, who cares about the "aura?"
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

spoilers:
    Batfleck is lost somewhere in the multiverse, and Barry has to find him. It's a sequel tease.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This just sounds bad. So the Flash movies are just the 'Flash/Batman: Power Hour'? So, Batfleck just disappears along with Cavill Man and Keaton and Sasha fills in for them? Not as much of a 'continuity rewrite' as I was expecting. Still, even with Flash having a multi season show the fact that they still think the movie needs Batman in it is disheartening. Its one thing for Batman to appear in one Flash movie but not in multiple ones.

end of spoilers

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I love that the film continuity is going to be just as much a continuity clusterfuck as the comics.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/