company deals with a “bigger mess” than initially expected.
    Doesn't sound good.

Lol the Rock is hyping up making his own DC universes

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Doesn't sound good.
    I wonder what this is referring to?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jezus. Congress really ruined the lives of countless WB employees by allowing AT&T to purchase the company. They’re still dealing with the aftermath. Probably shouldn’t allow a company that was/is $180 billion in debt to take part in a massive business merger.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol the Rock is hyping up making his own DC universes

I wonder what this is referring to?
    Honestly, he needs to deliver the goods then see how ppl react to his movies. It's going to be embarrassing if Black Adam bombs or there's lackluster interest.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Animated movies have been destroyed in the post pandemic box office, like Disney and Pixar animation studios are basically on fire at this point. Yeah, Minions is making bank, but that's been the exception. Also, super hero animated movies have never performed that well, Spiderverse made 200 million less than the worst performing live-action Spiderman movie. The movie costs 90 mill to make, its not that big of a hole to overcome.
    Bad guys did well.
    Croods 2 did great during the 2020 virus year in drive ins and mom and pop theatres.
    Addams 2 did ok.
    Sonic 2 did good.
    Minions is crushing it.
    Raya did ok.
    Scoob after a year on dvd and hbo max STILL did well with no ads on tv it's in theatres a scoob 2 for theatres is now in the works.
    Paw patrol has a second theatre film coming next year.
    Demon slayer did good even beating mortal kombat second weekend.

Not every animated film was a rons gone wrong or paws of fury. Some did well.

Superpets had AWFUL trailers and it looks like a little kids film hurting it. (ironic many are saying there is tons of adult jokes in it.)

It got the iron giant treatment with the awful trailers. The trailers hurt it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-01-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Bad guys did well.
    Croods 2 did great during the 2020 virus year in drive ins and mom and pop theatres.
    Addams 2 did ok.
    Sonic 2 did good.
    Minions is crushing it.
    Raya did ok.
    Scoob after a year on dvd and hbo max STILL did well with no ads on tv it's in theatres a scoob 2 for theatres is now in the works.
    Paw patrol has a second theatre film coming next year.
    Demon slayer did good even beating mortal kombat second weekend.

Not every animated film was a rons gone wrong or paws of fury. Some did well.

Superpets had AWFUL trailers and it looks like a little kids film hurting it. (ironic many are saying there is tons of adult jokes in it.)

It got the iron giant treatment with the awful trailers. The trailers hurt it.
    Demon slayer is an anime movie and anime movies are one of the few box office succeses of the pandemic era.
    The Addams Family 2 got negative reviews and earned less money than the first animated Addams family movie. It was a bomb.
    Minions and Sing 2 are the only sucessful animated movies as of now.
    Scoob 2 has been canceled.
    Last edited by Veni; 08-02-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Addams 2 had a bad critic score but had a great aud score when it was in theatres. (it's went down after that)

The film cost $47m to make and made $56.5m and $119.6m ww.

The Addams Family 2 grossed $56.5 million in the United States and Canada, and $63.3 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $119.6 million.
    While not a blockbuster it still broke even.

Croods 2 was a big hit also making its budget back and more during 2020! S215.9 on a $65m budget.

Bad guys box office was $245.7m ww on a $80m budget.

Paw patrol box office $144.3m on a $26m budget. (that's why a second one is coming.)

Sonic 2 $401.9 m on $90m to $110m budget.

Raya 130.4 m and over $477m world wide on $100m budget.

Tom and jerry didn't fare as well just as theatres reopened but still made 136.5m ww on a 50m to $79m budget.

So, others did well.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-01-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Time travel and multiverse stuff have long been a big part of Barry's mythos and I personally find it more interesting than just another standard origin/hero vs villain to save the city movie. The leaks so far definitely say it's very much about Barry and him learning to let go of things he can't change and to grow up and take his path as a hero more seriously. It's also supposedly quite good.

It feels like even before Miller went off the deep end people were just desperate to hate this movie for pretty much any reason.
    I'm gonna laugh my ass off if The Flash turns out to be what we thought Multivese of Madness would be, because MoM certainly turned out to be what we thought The Flash would be.

A couple months ago I said that Zaslav and co hadn't reached DC comics portion of their deep dive aka culling of the business and the shoe was going to drop hard for some
    Firings all the way up until christmas
    Thousands of jobs

HBO Max is doing good and become a top tier streaming service but they are cancelling a lot of their shows recently
    another sign that DC is low on the priority totem pole now

Other than Joker 2 I don't think DC has really announced any theatrical movies
    So that tells me there is some lack of faith in the movie arm aside from guaranteed hits

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'm gonna laugh my ass off if The Flash turns out to be what we thought Multivese of Madness would be, because MoM certainly turned out to be what we thought The Flash would be.
    Well, at the very least, the alt-reality characters seem to have an actual function in the plot. The bulk of it takes place in the Flashpoint reality, which is some hybrid of the Keaton/Snyder universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    A couple months ago I said that Zaslav and co hadn't reached DC comics portion of their deep dive aka culling of the business and the shoe was going to drop hard for some
    Firings all the way up until christmas
    Thousands of jobs

HBO Max is doing good and become a top tier streaming service but they are cancelling a lot of their shows recently
    another sign that DC is low on the priority totem pole now

Other than Joker 2 I don't think DC has really announced any theatrical movies
    So that tells me there is some lack of faith in the movie arm aside from guaranteed hits
    The Batman 2 and Wonder Woman 3 have also been announced

DC is very much an important part of WBD because it’s their biggest franchise that they actually fully own.

There’s a lot of restricting going on, mainly to offset all the debt WBD has. The DC CW shows are no more, TNT/TBS aren’t producing scripted shows anymore and HBO Max has has a bit of a makeover when it comes to upcoming content (no more big budget streaming films, no more live action kids content). HBO proper is the only division, besides gaming (Multiversus is a huge hit for WB) that’s being left alone
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

DC is very much an important part of WBD because it’s their biggest franchise that they actually fully own.

There’s a lot of restricting going on, mainly to offset all the debt WBD has. The DC CW shows are no more, TNT/TBS aren’t producing scripted shows anymore and HBO Max has has a bit of a makeover when it comes to upcoming content (no more big budget streaming films, no more live action kids content). HBO proper is the only division, besides gaming (Multiversus is a huge hit for WB) that’s being left alone
    Gaming isn’t being left alone, apparently Zaslav is trying to see if he can sell off some of the dev studios.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

My point is that right now after 2023 WBD has no slate of DC movies because nothing is filming or confirmed to be filming next year
    Blue Beetle and Batgirl have wrapped filming but I think those are HBO Max movies that might be given a theatrical run or maybe won't no one is certain
    Batgirl was supposed to come out this year
    Blue Beetle is still a tentative 2023 release but maybe it will get pushed back

WW3 and Batman 2 have no release dates because right now there's no production start dates on either of those movies.

I think the lack of anything at comic con and no DC fandome announcement shows how the merger has left a lot of stuff unclear. Normally even things like Batgirl or Blue Beetle would have been teased by now
    Maybe its due to Flash being pushed back as we see Aquaman is having reshoots but those movies are smaller productions and absolutely have film to showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    What does this mean?

There's no way Batgirl is coming out this year and that likely hasn't been the case for some kind. If Aquaman 2 moving before Flash caused enough of a continuity issue that they had to fly in Affleck to reshoot scenes that had already been done with Keaton, then Batgirl ain't coming out until Flash does, and that's still currently slated for next year.