Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This is shocking if true. I guess they will scrap the whole Keaton as Batman thing. Which was a weird direction, but not even releasing a movie after it’s nearly done is such a mess.
    They could have waited for a later movie to start their new vision for the cinematic universe. If they even have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    So what happens to Flash?
    Might as well cancel The Flash too.

And yeah, I'd say the DC Cinematic Universe will have to be re-rebooted.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Worried for blue beetle now.

This cover feels about right, right now. Poor batgirl. Her only theatre films were batman and robin and killing joke. Ouch!

[IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I definitely don’t think that GLC show is getting made at this point. Hell probably not Abrams JLD projects either.
    The GLC show was cancelled years ago once Fisher started making

I suppose the only bright side is that at least Stargirl gets the axe with the other HBO shows

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

lmao, these idiots spent 100 million dollars to re-release JL and cancelled Batgirl with Michael Keaton back as Batman - fucking hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    lmao, these idiots spent 100 million dollars to re-release JL and cancelled Batgirl with Michael Keaton back as Batman - fucking hilarious
    Well to be fair the idiots who spent all that money on ZSJL all got fired in the merger.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well to be fair the idiots who spent all that money on ZSJL all got fired in the merger.
    Money well spent to me, they took a terrible movie and made it palatable.

the silver lining for sure

I remember when people were saying that they won't do this with the maniac's Flash movie because it's already complete. We shall see I guess.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Consider me shocked and confounded.

I'm really not sure what's next for DC/WB. If there is a direction at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I suppose the only bright side is that at least Stargirl gets the axe with the other HBO shows
    Genuine question, do you hate the show purely because of Johns, on its own merit, or because you don't like Stargirl as a character?

Extraordinary Member

Batgirl Film CANCELLED By Warner Bros. Discovery... Won't Be Released... RANT!!!

I think most of my feelings have been expressed here already, but this is definitely shocking and a shame for the people who worked on this movie which was nearly complete. Does the Discovery channel guy know anything about making movies? And what is the answer here - Do they go back to the Snyder stuff (without him since he won't return, but continuing with what he established) , do they reboot, or do they scrap the notion of a shared universe altogether and continue making unconnected solo films?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

It's also wild to me that we live in an age of media where Michael Keaton can return as Batman in two theatrical films and audiences may never get to see it - or at least not a lot of what was intended.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Incredible Member

Apparently, test screenings for the Batgirl movie weren't positive. That and the 100 million budget are the reason they shelved the movie.

Although on the face of it it seems like a stupid move, it may be for the best if it’s bad and if their plans for future DC projects are more focussed.

However after this I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Wonder Woman 3 and a possible Aquaman 3 cancelled/nixxed, just because it seems possible they want a hard reboot.

If those articles are to be believed, Zaslav and Discovery may see their current successes as being in the way of them making a more consistent cinematic universe.

We’ll see I guess

The most worrying thing about this imo is the possibility of ANOTHER failed merger for WB. It would be a shame if it was bought out by a company like Amazon, like MGM. I hope their other franchises/movies keep them in good shape til WB can sort out their franchises
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 08-02-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I think most of my feelings have been expressed here already, but this is definitely shocking and a shame for the people who worked on this movie which was nearly complete. Does the Discovery channel guy know anything about making movies? And what is the answer here - Do they go back to the Snyder stuff (without him since he won't return, but continuing with what he established) , do they reboot, or do they scrap the notion of a shared universe altogether and continue making unconnected solo films?
    Discovery is all about 90 Day Fiancé: Krypton Edition.

for me the biggest shame is that the directors didn't deserve this because they're really good I really loved Bad Boys 3 and to be creators of color and have their film shelved will ripple.

not to mention Grace as Batgirl.

it's a damn shame.