Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently they’re going to merge HBO Max into Discovery+ rather than the other way around. Genuinely can’t wrap my head around the logic of that if it’s the case.
    I'm gonna assume this isn't happening until I actually see this. That would be such a monumentally stupid decision but the history of egotistic Hollywood executives makes me nervous. This would be so dumb that if I'm Netflix or Disney, I'm throwing parties on the street

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Discovery is all about 90 Day Fiancé: Krypton Edition.

for me the biggest shame is that the directors didn't deserve this because they're really good I really loved Bad Boys 3 and to be creators of color and have their film shelved will ripple.

not to mention Grace as Batgirl.

it's a damn shame.
    I’m not a big fan of the Batman characters and even I was quite curious about this movie. Set photos looked cool, some great casting choices, spotlight on a character that isn’t Bruce, Joker or Harley, really piqued my interest. So yeah, it’s a pity. But if the movie was gonna be a flop critically and commercially, it’s probably the best business decision at least

Extraordinary Member

Apparently they’re going to merge HBO Max into Discovery+ rather than the other way around. Genuinely can’t wrap my head around the logic of that if it’s the case.
    Well given how budget conscious Zaslav is I could see him wanting his people in charge and running things but I assume they'll keep the HBO Max branding as that's been quite successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Daaaamn alright I've been proven wrong I guess. Lesson learned: never doubt the stupidity of Hollywood executives.
    While obviously this a horrible decision in regards to establishing trust with creators/talent and building a coherent cinematic universe I have to think there's a legitimate business reason to do this and it doesn't just boil down to the "stupidity of Hollywood executives".

I assume that the poor test screenings led them to the belief that there's more of a benefit from a bookkeeping perspective in shelving this and taking the 90M loss all in one year rather than releasing it and having it be an asset that generates relatively little revenue. Once again this is bad from a creative perspective but I can kind of see the logic given how budget conscious Zaslav supposedly is.

Also I don't view Grace Randolph as a legitimate news source lol.
    Last edited by Hypo; 08-02-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

I’m actually wondering at this stage if Discovery’s more focused on making savings and stripping WB for parts to recoup their losses from the merger before selling WB on again

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm gonna assume this isn't happening until I actually see this. That would be such a monumentally stupid decision but the history of egotistic Hollywood executives makes me nervous. This would be so dumb that if I'm Netflix or Disney, I'm throwing parties on the street
    I can almost see the logic of it if the ultimate plan is to sell WB off. You take all their good stuff and put it on your streaming service because that’s what you plan on keeping and you just keep going with the DC IPs until they’ve managed to recover in value.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Cosmic is going to have a field day with this.

Someone on another site said this and it's true--

If they are scrapping a done filming batman-based film then blue beetle doesn't have a chance!
    Surprised superpets got a release and not canned. Wonder if it underperforming had anything to do with this?

My guess not.

So if batgirl can be scrapped after filming then no just filmed wb film is safe!

Ironic thing is Brandon Frasher was just talking about playing firefly yesterday!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-02-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

To think...had Wonder Woman and Aquaman not substantially overperformed, we probably would have had a rebooted DCEU by now.

HBO Max news on Thursday will likely be brutal. Warner Bros getting bought by AT&T will go down as one of the worst things to ever happen to the company. Imagine if Disney had bought them instead of Fox a few years back... **** would probably be much more chill right now

And it's all over youtube now. Saw a few "batgirl canned but not flash" videos pop up in search also! Yikes.

Astonishing Member

I can almost see the logic of it if the ultimate plan is to sell WB off. You take all their good stuff and put it on your streaming service because that’s what you plan on keeping and you just keep going with the DC IPs until they’ve managed to recover in value.
    I recall the tinfoil hats at the time of the Discovery merger were ranting that the whole thing would be an exercise in paring WB down till it was small enough that it could be eaten by one specific corporation without violating anti-trust laws

Astonishing Member

Guess WBD is using the synder cut as canon now.

Another switcheroo.

Yeah, they just need to take a few years off and reboot in a few years with a legitimate plan.

At this point, personally, I'm fine with no shared universe. Clearly that won't happen but what's being done now isn't working.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Guess WBD is using the synder cut as canon now.

Another switcheroo.
    No chance. The theatrical cut is the canon considering it you know released theatrically.

Although all this canon talk is probably gonna be mute soon anyway it feels.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    No chance. The theatrical cut is the canon considering it you know released theatrically.

Although all this canon talk is probably gonna be mute soon anyway it feels.
    Disagree they can just flipflop like the comics do.