Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    How scary woiuld be if Disney owned DC and Marvel?
    I already envisioned a giant record-breaking colossus of a crossover between DC and Marvel on the big screen happening one day. I wouldn't be surprise if this somehow led to that.

Astonishing Member

Axed soon I guess.

It's literally funny now. They've just made me so incredibly indifferent to the whole thing that it's easy now to find the humor in the incompetence.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We dont need one company owning the 2 largest comic book properties.
    I am fearful for all the female-led properties that were announced as films or TV shows by WB: Zatanna, Black Canary, Supergirl and Wonder Woman 3. Yes, I actually feel that Zaslav will take a look at WW84's reception, and will decide to shelf a second WW sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I am fearful for all the female-led properties that were announced as films or TV shows by WB: Zatanna, Black Canary, Supergirl and Wonder Woman 3. Yes, I actually feel that Zaslav will take a look at WW84's reception, and will decide to shelf a second WW sequel.
    I would be convinced he supports the alt-right youtubers by that point.

With batgirl and the scooby cartoon network christmas special wb has scrapped $130m combined and batgirl was filmed and the scoob special was almost finished!

So, they wasted more money than saved!

Dave even calls them out on it.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    How scary woiuld be if Disney owned DC and Marvel?
    That would be very unlikely to pass any approval due to the monopoly laws. Disney may be granted some licensing to a couple of characters, but not all of DC (at least without the prospect of being broken up).

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good news keeps coming
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I don’t see a major reboot coming but actually a simplification of the DC movieverse. Zaslav wants a shared universe with their big names front and center. The plans from of the old regime to scramble everything and replace Batman and Superman with Batgirl and Supergirl are probably done.

I’m terrified about Blue Beetle right now. It may have a chance because of the cultural significance but I doubt Zaslav gives two shits about that. Maybe if Namor gets a great audience response Zaslav will realize that wants to see representation on the big screen and has the movie to buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Apparently, test screenings for the Batgirl movie weren't positive. That and the 100 million budget are the reason they shelved the movie.
    They spent $70 million on this already but maybe after the terrible test screenings they realized they were going to lose way more than they’ve spent.

Zaslav may be furious/baffled how WB can still be making bad superhero movies this late in the game.

From Twitter.

People talk about Disney buying WB or the DC brand but they seem to have their hands full with Marvel and everything else, I just can't see them owning DC.

Not that it seems like WB is in a good place at all at this point.

People are now reporting batgirl test screening WERE positive so if true this is all about money.

https://gamerant.com/batgirl-first-t...n%27s%20Batman.

Batgirl may be one of the most beloved heroes in the DC Universe, but the trusted ally of Batman is only now getting her first live-action solo film. While audiences still have to wait a while until Leslie Grace makes her first appearance as Batgirl, a test screening for the film reportedly took place recently and the response was supposedly positive, especially toward Michael Keaton's Batman.

Update on scoob. Dave down under says he heard scoob 2 is dead also. Rip. So, both are gone.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-02-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    People are now reporting batgirl test screening WERE positive so if true this is all about money.

https://gamerant.com/batgirl-first-t...n%27s%20Batman.

Update on scoob. Dave down under says he heard scoob 2 is dead also. Rip. So, both are gone.
    That makes no sense. A good Batgirl film with Michael Keaton as Batman would make a profit. An average film would attract people to HBO Max.

If WB is shelving it, then it's because they don't perceive it to be able to turn a profit, i.e. not very good. Studios don't shelve great movies.

They don't shelf bad ones also or we never would have got catwoman or steel.

Even x-men dark phoenix got released by disney as bad as it was.