Page 122 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 22721121181191201211221231241251261321722226221122 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 20948
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Matt Reeves shared some info about his plans for "The Batman"

So, Batman. Tell us about your take.

It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.

Do you have a title yet?

(Laughs.) Right now it’s called The Batman. What it will be called ultimately, I don’t know.

Have you begun the casting process?

There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We're starting to put together our battle plan. I'm doing another pass on the script and we'll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things.

What's your goal as far as a release date?

We haven't been dated. I wouldn't commit to this, but we're thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story.

How involved are you with the other films in the DC universe, be it Harley Quinn or Batgirl?

Right now, I'm involved in The Batman. What it will be called ultimately, I don't know. Aquaman is going to be very different from the Todd Phillips Joker movie, and that's going to be different from Shazam and Harley Quinn. Warners believes they don't have to try to develop a giant slate that has to have all the plans for how it's going to connect. What they need to try and do is make good movies with these characters.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...batman-1180514

There will be a "Rogues Gallery" meaning almost every major Bat-villain will be there or is he just referring to a couple of villains?

Also, don't know whether to lol or frown at the Freudian slip of calling Birds of Prey "Harley Quinn".

Harley outfit of the day:

Astonishing Member

The plot of Matt Reeve's Batman film will be Bruce Wayne traveling through time to Victorian era England to meet his idol Sherlock Holmes in order to team up with him to catch Jack the Ripper. Then at the end Sherlock Holmes is so impressed with the American who dresses up as a giant rat that he christens him "The World's Greatest Detective"--signifying that the American's deductive abilities surpasses even his own.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

In all seriousness, this is refreshing. I think one of the only times Batman's detective abilities were sort of showcased in the films was in the '89 Burton film when Batman was talking with Vicki in the batcave about the Joker Venom.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Matt Reeves shared some info about his plans for "The Batman"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...batman-1180514
    Good to see that things seem to be progressing smoothly for this film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    There will be a "Rogues Gallery" meaning almost every major Bat-villain will be there or is he just referring to a couple of villains?
    I think we were getting pretty much every major Bat-Villain when they still had Deathstroke planned to be in this, but I think we'll only get a few villains in Reeves' movie, with maybe some teases to some of the other established villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    In all seriousness, this is refreshing. I think one of the only times Batman's detective abilities were sort of showcased in the films was in the '89 Burton film when Batman was talking with Vicki in the batcave about the Joker Venom.
    He kind of did some detective work in BvS, it just didn't end well.

“Matt Reeves states he should have the script finished by 2025.”

He did detective work in The Dark Knight. When Batman attempts to get finger prints from the shattered bullet in the wall. He was doing forensic ballistics examination (but in a kind of far fetched way).

Incredible Member

Since Matt Reeves Batman movie is gonna be noir. The title should be Batman: The Dark Knight Detective

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Since Matt Reeves Batman movie is gonna be noir. The title should be Batman: The Dark Knight Detective
    Not The Darknight Detective?

It actually precedes The Dark Knight, but they probably would use your suggestion instead.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm honestly not that interested in a young Batman movie, but it is good to hear that they are progressing. At least they are moving on from Affleck and Snyder's vision now which they needed to do. Wonder how they will show his parents getting killed this time, lol.

I would like for the Batman family stuff to finally pick up, but it seems that has all been put on the back burner for a long while now.

Astonishing Member

It’s a shame: I remember back in 2013 when he was first cast and the Internet had a massive meltdown over his casting then he eventually won people over. If he had better material and been in much better movies he still would be wearing the cape today instead of passing it down to another actor, I truly believe that.

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't mind a younger Batman for Reeves, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see more Batfleck in future movies.

Astonishing Member

I think any hope of Affleck retaining the cowl for future movies is null and void. It seems like Affleck is gone for good...unless he wants to reprise the role for a live-action Batman Beyond movie. I think it’s time for him to move on and let someone else don the cowl. He had a good run.

- Charles Schultz.

It’s a shame: I remember back in 2013 when he was first cast and the Internet had a massive meltdown over his casting then he eventually won people over. If he had better material and been in much better movies he still would be wearing the cape today instead of passing it down to another actor, I truly believe that.
    I feel the same. I know it’s already been fodder for countless memes, but his entire demeanor really did change after BVS got trashed. He went from saying how committed he was to saying things like “We’ll see what the future holds” when asked about future appearances.