Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There is no reason to assume that HBO Max is going away, this was just more fake news people packaged with the Batgirl stuff to make it seem more legit.
    report-hbo-max-faces-scripted-content-gutting-staff-reduction

Campea talks about it also and had asked people in wb and they said the film was "not good" also and the later screenings were not as liked as early ones. Also sounds like the ceo saw it as a "tv movie" anyway and expects better quality for dc films now. Beetle was added as a big screen release early filming may have saved it.

Scoob turns out had been removed from its theatre release already and was going to hbo max sunk it. Had it still been theatres it would have been safe.

Also, it's said he offered both directors a pick on other films. Still don't make up for not telling them before announcing it. That's a jerk move. Let them know first.

Incredible Member

The ‘SUPERGIRL’ movie is unlikely to move forward

‘Batgirl’ Blindside: Why Warner Bros. Decided to Pull the Plug
    One source says test audiences thought the movie “was like a bad TV show” — and another says a planned Supergirl feature could be next on the chopping block

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...-bros-1392407/

There is no reason to assume that HBO Max is going away, this was just more fake news people packaged with the Batgirl stuff to make it seem more legit.
    I'm worried about the supposed budget cuts (someone put the link here already). Along with some original MAX movies being removed for whatever reason.

I assumed it was just a DCEU thing. But, again, we'll know soon, but the more things that pile in, the worse it looks.

I just think this is leading to a larger decision that just isn't good.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

One source says test audiences thought the movie “was like a bad TV show” — and another says a planned Supergirl feature could be next on the chopping block

Like I said, if they’re not doing a Batgirl movie they sure as hell aren’t doing a Supergirl or Black Canary movie
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Have to wait and see what gets axed.

Mighty Member

well, that sucks. I hope HBO MAX DC content doesn't go away for unscripted content.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    well, that sucks. I hope HBO MAX DC content doesn't go away for unscripted content.
    Max Original DC stuff is a goner. Seems like the only scripted content will be from HBO itself and Watchmen is the only DC property they've ever adapted. HBO isn't going to be making DC related series. That's not their style. Their whole brand is 'prestige' content (it is very good) but it does leave a gap of non-prestige but still good material that is going to be replaced with Discovery reality TV. Everything points to getting rid of scripted non-HBO content and focusing on theatrical properties so it's safe to assume DC will exclusively be big budget movies. Don't expect any TV shows

Netflix did the same thing a few months ago. That doesn't mean the service is going away.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Netflix did the same thing a few months ago. That doesn't mean the service is going away.
    Well the service itself is for sure going away. It's being combined with Discovery+ to a new one but that's not really what everyone is up in arms about. The discussion is about what kind of content there will be in the new service. All news today says HBO's original programming (Euphoria, Game of Thrones spinoffs, Barry, Succession etc..) and Discovery's unscripted reality programs will be the TV series that make up the new service. The Max Originals section is apparently being removed (70% of the staff fired and the rest being absorbed into HBO and that includes all DC shows that exist (Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Titans) and those that were in development (The Batman spinoffs, Green Lantern) along with other non DC shows people enjoy

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Its not important anymore. They can just ignore it all together. It isnt a vehicle for Keatons Batman to make his grand entrance. Batgirl is nixed. He's cut from Aquaman. The film is useless at this point. The only people who remember Snyderverse are the diehard fans

Sasha/Supergirl is basically cut too at this point. Flash getting delayed and her solo likely canned means her best chance at being in the DCEU is a supporting cast role in a Superman movie (ironically exactly what they wanted to do with Superman in her movie).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sasha/Supergirl is basically cut too at this point. Flash getting delayed and her solo likely canned means her best chance at being in the DCEU is a supporting cast role in a Superman movie (ironically exactly what they wanted to do with Superman in her movie).
    She might get cut from that if they want Henry back like Ben Affleck.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

can’t read article thanks to the paywall. Can anyone here post the full article?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.