Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sasha/Supergirl is basically cut too at this point. Flash getting delayed and her solo likely canned means her best chance at being in the DCEU is a supporting cast role in a Superman movie (ironically exactly what they wanted to do with Superman in her movie).
    She has to be pissed. This was her big break. Ditto the girl who played Batgirl. WOC get thrown under the bus.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Well the service itself is for sure going away. It's being combined with Discovery+ to a new one but that's not really what everyone is up in arms about. The discussion is about what kind of content there will be in the new service. All news today says HBO's original programming (Euphoria, Game of Thrones spinoffs, Barry, Succession etc..) and Discovery's unscripted reality programs will be the TV series that make up the new service. The Max Originals section is apparently being removed (70% of the staff fired and the rest being absorbed into HBO and that includes all DC shows that exist (Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Titans) and those that were in development (The Batman spinoffs, Green Lantern) along with other non DC shows people enjoy
    The two services should merge, but I don't think it has been announced that HBOMax service is going. I never actually had access to the service in my country so maybe I don't understand everything about it (Is there a difference between HBO and HBO Max?). I'm gonna be honest though and say that the Batgirl movie, Green Lantern and some of these other projects have been super sus and they should not have been green lit at all. HBO has the greatest television line up currently right now, they don't need a bunch of badly thought out projects.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    can’t read article thanks to the paywall. Can anyone here post the full article?
    Here’s the relevant part for Supergirl:

Insiders say Supergirl, which is in development, is not likely to move forward. Sasha Calle, who plays the caped superheroine, is introduced in the upcoming The Flash. Supergirl was going to spin off of the Miller-led tentpole.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The two services should merge, but I don't think it has been announced that HBOMax service is going. I never actually had access to the service in my country so maybe I don't understand everything about it (Is there a difference between HBO and HBO Max?). I'm gonna be honest though and say that the Batgirl movie, Green Lantern and some of these other projects have been super sus and they should not have been green lit at all. HBO has the greatest television line up currently right now, they don't need a bunch of badly thought out projects.
    Yea HBO is a cable television network and HBOMax is the streaming service for all WB and includes original series that are called 'Max Originals'. Discovery is the new company which pretty much makes 99% absolute garbage reality TV content. It's honestly negative value to me and its existence alone will make me less likely to get any streaming service it is on lmao

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_programming

HBO is much better but there's some quality Max stuff and it got the investment in less prestige shows. Pretty much every DC show currently and in the future was a Max Original and I'd say there's less than zero chance HBO dirties their fingers with capeshit unless it's something they find different (like Watchmen) so with this news and a lot of the other news, many great shows will be gone and DC will basically be only in theaters and CW. And two upcoming CN TV shows

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    HBO MAX and HBO are 2 different things. HBO Max is a streaming service while HBO is a Cable television company and a brand which is owned by Warner Bros. The HBO Max originals are made by Warner Bros while the HBO originals are made by HBO. The HBO originals are safe and they will continue to be made/produced and they will be part of this newly merged streaming service. What we don't know is what will happen to the HBO Max originals because some of them have been renewed. All the shows that have been canceled by Discovery have been HBO Max originals.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Its not important anymore. They can just ignore it all together. It isnt a vehicle for Keatons Batman to make his grand entrance. Batgirl is nixed. He's cut from Aquaman. The film is useless at this point. The only people who remember Snyderverse are the diehard fans
    If some of the theorizing amid Batgirl's cancellation is right, the delay of Flash is likely because they're changing its intended ending: the ending that would have soft-rebooted the DCEU. And if that's the case, then Batgirl's cancellation makes sense since it was the first DCEU film that would have featured Keaton in the role of Batman in a major way.

So, if that's what is going on, then it means that the "Snyderverse" is continuing. Although, tbh, I don't get why people keep trying to make this arbitrary distinction between what is and is not the "Snyderverse."

Incredible Member

Yea HBO is a cable television network and HBOMax is the streaming service for all WB and includes original series that are called 'Max Originals'. Discovery is the new company which pretty much makes 99% absolute garbage reality TV content. It's honestly negative value to me and its existence alone will make me less likely to get any streaming service it is on lmao

HBO is much better but there's some quality Max stuff and it got the investment in less prestige shows. Pretty much every DC show currently and in the future was a Max Original and I'd say there's less than zero chance HBO dirties their fingers with capeshit unless it's something they find different (like Watchmen) so with this news and a lot of the other news, many great shows will be gone and DC will basically be only in theaters and CW. And two upcoming CN TV shows
    The Flash is ending next year. The CW shows are done unless they air Gotham Knights. The network is being sold so the status of the show is unknown.

Astonishing Member

The snyderverse without the joss whedon JL and Snyder cut JL instead.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty much every DC show currently and in the future was a Max Original and I'd say there's less than zero chance HBO dirties their fingers with capeshit unless it's something they find different (like Watchmen) so with this news and a lot of the other news, many great shows will be gone and DC will basically be only in theaters and CW. And two upcoming CN TV shows
    DC CW SHOWS will be gone too.
    It looks like all live action dc shows will be gone and only live action dc movies will be the future and not much of even that.

Well, Zazlav met with Rowling so there is going to be some Harry Potter projects. The movies are expensive and underperforming but a streaming show in that universe would work quite well for them.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-03-2022 at 07:56 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    She has to be pissed. This was her big break. Ditto the girl who played Batgirl. WOC get thrown under the bus.

At least the anti woke mob ia happy. /sarcasm

I am glad we have so many insiders here to give us all the info! It's so different from other sites where people just sprout nonsense trying to make it sound like facts...

Astonishing Member

Im not an insider I'm just that damn good at predicting obvious futures,

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I am glad we have so many insiders here to give us all the info! It's so different from other sites where people just sprout nonsense trying to make it sound like facts...
    those insiders can simply be well placed sources to shape the narrative to benefit the studio.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

What happened in the world for Snyder's vision for the DC universe to be considered a good path? 4 hours of Snydercut proved incapacity.