I feel so bad for Leslie Grace .
    So I guess this confirms her as Harley?

Extraordinary Member

I would have to think so, only other option is a Harley character in everything but name.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wish i could be excited for Gaga but..... given the bloodbath..my excitement for anything WB/Dc related is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Which is what the plan should’ve been ever since Justice League flopped. There’s zero logic in making some of the projects that Hamada had planned. Keep the stuff with potential, like Blue Beetle, but throw away the things that had a high likelihood of failure and doesn’t fit a good direction, like Batgirl.
    Do we know that for sure though? I keep hearing differing accounts for how bad the test screening for the movie went and if that had really anything to do with them shelving it, and I think a Batgirl film had decent potential just from the premise alone.
    Not mad at all that a lot of the shows are likely getting shelved either, Titans should’ve been prioritized as a film franchise the second Justice League started underperforming. Relegating them to a cheaply made TV series was always dumb. The CW stuff was never even decent quality so I don’t know why they diluted their brand by putting characters like Green Arrow there. A hard reset is in order for DC’s live action properties and if it takes pissing off some folks to get there I’m all for it.
    I don't think it needs to be a zero sum game of sequestering one brand to movies and not letting it be anything else. Superman has had better success on TV than he has in the films as of late and DC probably had no cinematic plans for Green Arrow before they made Arrow and that lead to a shared TV universe of DC shows that would have never existed otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess this confirms her as Harley?
    Her silhouette has a heart on her cheek, it's gotta be her. Like Hypo says she could very well end up being Harley in name only. Though if she's not an Arkham psychiatrist what's the point. Even Phoenix's Joker was still a failed comedian.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-04-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wish i could be excited for Gaga but..... given the bloodbath..my excitement for anything WB/Dc related is very low.
    Ditto. At least WB isn’t dumb enough to treat Gaga as badly as they did Leslie Grace, so the movie is guaranteed a release?

Joker 2 is the worst news I’ve ever heard in my life

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Her silhouette has a heart on her cheek, it's gotta be her. Like Hypo says she could very well end up being Harley in name only. Though if she's not an Arkham psychiatrist what's the point. Even Phoenix's Joker was still a failed comedian.
    I was actually going the other way, is Harley but named something else for w/e reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ditto. At least WB isn’t dumb enough to treat Gaga as badly as they did Leslie Grace, so the movie is guaranteed a release?
    I would say it's guaranteed a release because the first one made a crap ton of money of a relatively small budget.

Niffleheim

I'll never see anything Gaga, Hudson, Harry Styles are in again. Once was enough.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-04-2022 at 10:07 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Joker is such a weird movie franchise
    Not sure I should be happy or worried for Harleen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I was actually going the other way, is Harley but named something else for w/e reason.
    I could see her real name not being Harleen Quinzel, but I do think she'll eventually get the Harley Quinn moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Ok, so let me understand the pattern here. DC Universe was originally created for comic readers and DC shows/movies. Then the DC shows/movies arm was folded into HBO MAX when the service started. So, DC diehards like myself could sub to HBO MAX get all the HBO originals + more DC content i.e. movies and shows + animated. Win/Win for all. Now basically the show arm is going into what...a black hole? And all the diehards have to look forward to is a couple big budget movies a year minus new animated/live action shows and movies? What a rip. I guarantee that some subscribe to MAX FOR the DC content. So now the only people who gain something are the people who sub for HBO originals. But DC fans like us get left in the cold with a couple crumbs...wow that's sobering. I hope this scenario turns out to be wrong.
    I wouldn't be overly surprised if the DC DTV movies were going to stop as well. Scooby-Doo also had a thriving DTV animated movie series and while I haven't heard anything concrete, the fact that we haven't had any news released about the next Scooby-Doo DTV movie yet. Especially as it was supposed to be a Krypto crossover and that would have been certainly announced as of last weekend when the Superpets movie came out.

Astonishing Member

Happy for Joker 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I wouldn't be overly surprised if the DC DTV movies were going to stop as well. Scooby-Doo also had a thriving DTV animated movie series and while I haven't heard anything concrete, the fact that we haven't had any news released about the next Scooby-Doo DTV movie yet. Especially as it was supposed to be a Krypto crossover and that would have been certainly announced as of last weekend when the Superpets movie came out.
    Apparently there's a listing for a "Trick or Treat" Halloween DTV on Amazon.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Joker is such a weird movie franchise
    Not sure I should be happy or worried for Harleen

It’s a bit like “Taxi-Driver 2”, a new dating reality show from the team that brought you American Pie.